WXVs Trade Confabulation 2017

Started by Nige, August 18, 2017, 02:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Better get those bids for Lester and Vardy in.

Also be sure to discuss why Dayne Zorko and Dayne Zorko's sister came up as related searches when I typed Ryan Lester in Google images.

Also discuss why Rhys Stanley and Cam Guthrie came up when I searched Nathan Vardy. Is it a sign that Pacific should be after Vardy?

GoLions

Quote from: Jay on August 18, 2017, 01:32:57 AM
Quote from: Levi434 on August 18, 2017, 01:16:44 AM
We should flat out STOP trade discussion and threads about trades until AFTER the finals. I know I've discussed trades already but still.

Trade discussion thread should open the day after the GF. Trade confirmation thread should open a week after the GF.

Give the teams in finals some respect and some time to shine. Trade period takes up like 4 months. The least we could do is allow the teams in the GRAND FINAL to have some time to shine. Don't they deserve it?

Avoid the inevitable 1-month lull that we will have when trades die down. As we sit right now, trades have been happening for over a month. I'd say about 20 trades are already locked in. If this was a real comp we'd all be getting huge fines right now.

We simply don't need to have all this going on right now. Trading will be all of our primary focus for the next 4 months after finals finish. I see no harm in waiting a few weeks whilst finals and other things take centre stage.
There's a good idea! :)

Quote from: Nige on August 18, 2017, 02:04:43 PM
Now that's termination worthy!

Nige

Considered locking this thread until the conclusion of the final series out of the respect to the Lester-less and Vardy-less teams but it shall remain open.

However, we kindly ask you to refrain from your desire to confabulate if you can avoid it. If not, carry on.

Adamant

Quote from: Nige on August 18, 2017, 02:34:53 PM
Also be sure to discuss why Dayne Zorko and Dayne Zorko's sister came up as related searches when I typed Ryan Lester in Google images.

Lester dates Zorko's sister. He's a sneaky one is Froggy.

meow meow

Last year Purps and I did a trade with no negotiations. He posted it, I confirmed. I gave up 40 and 68 while Purps was generous enough to hand over 44 and 45. I would have taken Darcy at 40 instead of 44, but the no negotiation trade allowed me to grab Cedric at 45 too. A very big thank you P77. Legend.

Purple 77

Quote from: meow meow on August 18, 2017, 04:23:43 PM
Last year Purps and I did a trade with no negotiations. He posted it, I confirmed. I gave up 40 and 68 while Purps was generous enough to hand over 44 and 45. I would have taken Darcy at 40 instead of 44, but the no negotiation trade allowed me to grab Cedric at 45 too. A very big thank you P77. Legend.

I wasn't going to use my second pick, so it was a win-win!

I'm quietly happy with Ridley at 40 ;)

meow meow

2014: 60 average
2015: 65 average
2016: 70 average
2017: 75 average

Anyone seeing any kind of trend here?

Still only 26 so yet to hit his peak. 200cms of amazing.

meow meow

I wanted Taranto so bad last year that I offered Blakely and pick 8 for a top 3 pick. Gosh I'm a horrible trader.

GoLions

Holz

Quotes from the Lester Article

"The 24-year-old is neither an elite athlete nor kick of the footy"

“He is the ultimate role player because he is so versatile, with his ability to play midfield, forward and back, often within the one game,’’

Role Player who isn't a great athelete or kick. Sounds a recipe for some bad games and not a high ceiling.

“And he never complains, he puts the team first every single time with everything he does, and that’s why he’s our cult hero.’’

Cult Hero is another name you call a player who is average. How many Cult heros have left clubs or been on the fringe.

Majak daw is a cult hero too.

Nige

Quote from: Holz on September 18, 2012, 04:52:30 PM
The Destroyers announcing a number of Signing in this are 6 stars

Todd Goldstein

Goldy has quickly became a cult hero at the club

Two cult heroes at Dublin!

Holz

Quote from: Nige on August 23, 2017, 02:36:21 PM
The Destroyers announcing a number of Signing in this are 6 stars

Todd Goldstein

Goldy has quickly became a cult hero at the club

Two cult heroes at Dublin!

Daw is not a cult hero for Dublin, thats North Melbourne

We have Pride in Excellence in Dublin, we play by different rules.

Selwood is a former Cult Hero
Goldy is a Cult Hero but is starting to lose it.
Dmart is now our number 1 Cult hero.

Nige

Quote from: Holz on August 23, 2017, 02:18:46 PM
Cult Hero is another name you call a player who is average.

Make up your mind.