WXV Awards 2017

Started by Purple 77, August 01, 2017, 12:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Hey everyone  8)

This is the thread where we announce our Best & Fairests, Coaches Awards and discuss matters such as the Rising Star winner and Coach of the Year in preparation for the Awards Ceremony.

Award Nominations

1. Coach of the Year

I'll nominate this years candidates, using last years criteria to help me out:
- If you've won more games during the regular season in 2017 than 2016, you get a nomination for coach of the year. If you had the same amount of wins, but scored more overall points you get a nomination
- A wild card nomination if I feel that a coach has had to overcome particular adversity or done something special to deserve it.

The nominations will be announced sometime this week!

2. Coaches award

Each team can nominate a player on their team they think deserves special mention. You can use any criteria you like, it doesn't have to be the best player. Previous winners are Daniel Talia, Mark Blicavs & Matt Jaensch for example.

3. Rising Star Winner

Here are your nominations! Talk your player up over the next week or so, and decide who you'll vote for when I send out the PM!

Full NameNOMPOS1POS2WXV ClubSENIOR GAMESRESERVE GAMESAVERAGE
Caleb MarchbankR1DEFSeoul Magpies11371.07
Sam Powell-PepperR2MIDTokyo Samurai16167.5
Jacob HopperR3MIDFWDToronto Wolves6070.83
Brayden FioriniR4MIDChristchurch Saints10172.09
Andrew McGrathR4DEFMIDCairo Sands16070.82
Ryan BurtonR5DEFFWDMoscow Spetsnaz15181.53
Tim TarantoR6MIDFWDMoscow Spetsnaz10166.5
Sam Petrevski-SetonR7MIDChristchurch Saints7868.38
Tom PhillipsR8MIDFWDTokyo Samurai12173.93
Jarrod BerryR9DEFMIDBuenos Aires Armadillos12259.53
Matthew KennedyR10FWDPNL Reindeers12165.64
Wayne MileraR11FWDMoscow Spetsnaz21258.27
Charlie CurnowR12FWDSeoul Magpies51171.18
Ben AinsworthR13MIDFWDCape Town Cobras6362.1
Luke RyanR14DEFPNL Reindeers5176
Alex WitherdenR15DEFMIDToronto Wolves5189.83
Hugh McCluggageR16MIDFWDCairo Sands8555.43
Jy SimpkinR17FWDBuenos Aires Armadillos7346.4

4. Best & Fairest

Who polled the most votes in your best & fairest? It can be any system you choose, but be sure to announce your  winner here so we can record their achievement for the ages :)

Nige

Look at dat boy Pidge McGrath, played every game in which he was available.

GoLions

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 01, 2017, 12:26:38 PM
2. Coaches award

Each team can nominate a player on there team they think deserves special mention. You can use any criteria you like, it doesn't have to be the best player. Previous winners are Daniel Talia, Mark Blicavs & Matt Jaensch for example.
:)

Hellopplz

Do HelloBurg get nominated considering we performed better than you thought we would Purps? :P

Purple 77

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 01, 2017, 01:19:44 PM
Do HelloBurg get nominated considering we performed better than you thought we would Purps? :P

Haha, well, depends on how the trading discussions go I guess :P

Ringo

London Royals Best and Fairest:

1. Daniel Hannebery 49
2. Luke Shuey 39
3. Tom T Lynch 26
4. Heath Grundy 20
5. Orazia Fantasia 16
5. Sam Gray 16

Will the Best and Fairest be at London next year?

Hellopplz

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 01, 2017, 01:26:22 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on August 01, 2017, 01:19:44 PM
Haha, well, depends on how the trading discussions go I guess :P
Sure, you can have anybody on our list for that nomination this week.

Noting this is subject to change as of next week as no trades can be locked in yet.

Jroo

RaisyDaisy

Joel Selwood wins New York's B&F, and we nominate Jarryd Roughead for our coaches award

After what he went through, and being out of the game for 12 months he took a bit of time to get into the swing of things but he has got better and better as the year has gone on

Nige

Taylor Adams won Cairo's B&F for 2017. Jeremy McGovern nominated for the Coaches Award.

Purple 77

Wow, I actually haven't given it any thought yet, but I actually have NFI who would win my B&F.

Everyone has been equally ordinary for much of the year...

meow meow

I've crunched the numbers, factored in things that numbers alone cannot measure, and the winner of the best and fairest for Christchurch 2017 is...

Thomas Boyd!

(C)onnor gets the coaches award for blossoming into the gunnest young gun on our list.

Toga

Beijing B&F:
1. Dayne Zorko (12)
2. Lachie Neale (11)
3. Callan Ward ( 8 )
=3. Ollie Wines ( 8 )
5. Brodie Grundy (7)
6. Jared Polec (4)
7. Brandon Ellis (3)
=7. Sam Mayes (3)
=7. Josh Jenkins (3)
10. Christian Petracca (2)
=10. Bradley Hill (2)
=10. Daniel Howe (2)
=10. Kane Lambert (2)
=10. Harry Taylor (2)
15. Jayden Hunt (1)

Congrats to Dayne Zorko who wins his maiden Thunder B&F, holding off a late charge from Lachie Neale and Callan Ward.

Congratulations to Kane Lambert who takes out the Beijing Thunder Coach's Award for 2017 after his terrific back end to the year. Averaged a fantastic 93 points per game after the bye which coincided with him cementing himself in the Beijing XV and also the team's turnaround in form which saw us make a late surge up the ladder.

Lambo just edged out Sam Mayes who has had a terrific year, repaying coaches' faith in him averaging 83 as a defender, cementing his spot in our XV and being one of our first picked in the backline every week.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on August 07, 2017, 07:41:29 PM
I've crunched the numbers, factored in things that numbers alone cannot measure, and the winner of the best and fairest for Christchurch 2017 is...

Thomas Boyd!

(C)onnor gets the coaches award for blossoming into the gunnest young gun on our list.

Geez how much does your team suck if Tom Boyd wins any award. Let alone best and fairest.

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on August 08, 2017, 12:37:11 PM
Quote from: meow meow on August 07, 2017, 07:41:29 PM

Thomas Boyd!

Geez how much does your team suck if Tom Boyd wins any award. Let alone best and fairest.

Oi that's a premiership player and rightful Norm Smith medalist you're talking about.