WXV Awards 2017

Started by Purple 77, August 01, 2017, 12:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on August 08, 2017, 12:43:44 PM
Quote from: Holz on August 08, 2017, 12:37:11 PM
Quote from: meow meow on August 07, 2017, 07:41:29 PM
I've crunched the numbers, factored in things that numbers alone cannot measure, and the winner of the best and fairest for Christchurch 2017 is...

Thomas Boyd!

(C)onnor gets the coaches award for blossoming into the gunnest young gun on our list.

Geez how much does your team suck if Tom Boyd wins any award. Let alone best and fairest.

Oi that's a premiership player and rightful Norm Smith medalist you're talking about.

Ryan Schoenmakers is also a premiership player.

he also is averaging more then Boyd

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Holz on August 08, 2017, 12:49:32 PM
I've crunched the numbers, factored in things that numbers alone cannot measure, and the winner of the best and fairest for Christchurch 2017 is...

Thomas Boyd!

(C)onnor gets the coaches award for blossoming into the gunnest young gun on our list.

Geez how much does your team suck if Tom Boyd wins any award. Let alone best and fairest.

Oi that's a premiership player and rightful Norm Smith medalist you're talking about.

And would have gone almost as close to a Norm Smith ;D

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 08, 2017, 01:05:42 PM

Thomas Boyd!

JPK was closer to the Norm Smith in a losing side.

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on August 08, 2017, 01:14:34 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 08, 2017, 01:05:42 PM

Thomas Boyd!

JPK was closer to the Norm Smith in a losing side.

3rd best: Boyd
2nd best: JPK
BOG: Bont

GoLions

JPK wins our B&F

Tobias Nankervis takes out our Coaches Award

Purple 77

Right!

I'll be sending out a PM on Saturday, so we can vote on Rising Stars, All-Worlds team and Coaches Award.

I need your Coaches Award nominations ASAP, else your player won't go into the mix.

These are the current ones I have:

TeamCoaches Award
Beijing ThunderKane Lambert
Berlin Brewers
Buenos Aires Armadillos
Cairo SandsJeremy McGovern
Cape Town CobrasToby Nankervis
Christchurch SaintsConnor Blakely
Dublin Destroyers
London Royals
Mexico City Suns
Moscow Spetsnaz
New Delhi Tigers
New York RevolutionJarryd Roughead
Pacific Islanders
PNL Reindeers
Rio de Janeiro Jaguars
Seoul Magpies
Tokyo Samurai
Toronto Wolves

Purple 77

I'm giving my Coaches Award to Charlie Dixon.

Averaging 68, 68 and 65 in the past 3 years respectively - always being marred by injury - Charlie comes out with an 88 average and PLAYED EVERY GAME THIS YEAR. With scores of 151, 135 and 167 this year, Charlie has also proven himself a game changer, and I was just thrilled that a reliable forward emerged at what I thought was a fragile forward line at the beginning of the year.

Walters... you were *this* close through one performance alone.

Jroo

I picked my boy Nic Newman

I drafted him with pick 34 in the 2014 rookie draft and he finally delivered averaging 86 for us. Also came in to score a 151 when he was an emergency in round 8, yet we still named him and got a win over Dublin  8)

iZander

Ah flower, do i really have to have a coaches award?

Ill nominate Zach Tuohy, had a great year, stepping up at his new role at Geelong.

Rising star nom will be Berry, dunno if i need one of these though

Ricochet

We have to put up BTB

Even with the amount of public pressure we put on him to beat "superstar" Brad, Matty continues to perform week in week out.

Oh and he's averaged 122 since RD10, but meh as long as he keeps beating Brad each week then he gets our votes

JBs-Hawks

Clayton has had our coaches award wrapped up since round 2

Adamant

This was a hard choice between the following bloke and Lewy Taylor, but given the latter had already shown some scoring ability before a down season last year, I'm going to give my coaches award to Jimmy Webster.

He was already one of the best kicks in the league, but just needed to find a bit more of the ball to become relevant, and that he did, averaging 20 disposals and 76.6 SC excluding the game where he broke his hand in round 8. Jimmy has become one of our first picked defenders every week and I look forward to his continued improvement alongside Savage, Witherden and Brodie in our backline full of long kicking, efficient ball users for years to come.

Levi434

Rio's coaches award goes to: ??? Honestly no one deserves it.

So I'm gonna give it to Patrick Cripps. Cause we all know it Rio had him in finals, he'd win them the Premiership.

Jay

Tom Mitchell wins the B&F.

Michael Hurley wins the Coaches Award coming back from a year off he has been incredible.

Purple 77

One day to go to get your nominations in

TeamCoaches Award
Beijing ThunderKane Lambert
Berlin BrewersCharlie Dixon
Buenos Aires ArmadillosZach Tuohy
Cairo SandsJeremy McGovern
Cape Town CobrasToby Nankervis
Christchurch SaintsConnor Blakely
Dublin Destroyers
London Royals
Mexico City SunsNic Newman