North v South Challenge 2017

Started by Ringo, May 24, 2017, 10:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Just some advance notice whilst I have some time:

We will have Rd 11 off and Competition will be over Rds 12 and 13

South currently hold the Brave Heart Shield

North Teams are Hedgehogs, Magic, Hawks, Badgers, Rams, Knights, Leeches and Giants
South Teams are Werewolves, Hurricanes, Hoods, Bunnies, Owls, Breakers, Steins, Dragons.

Based on Ladder Positions at end of round 10 Split into the 2 Conferences North and South.
Teams 1,4,7 will select team from their players to comprise Premier Divisions for each conference
Teams 2,5,8 will select team from their players to comprise Reserve Division for each conference
Teams 3,6 will select team from their players to comprise Colts Division for each conference.
That is select the Team from the three teams list. Coach of highest ranked team will be responsible for naming the Team.

Competition will be over Rounds 12 and 13 with Geelong, North Melbourne, Richmond and West Coast Rd 13 scores added to Rd 12.

Coach of the highest ranked team  in each section will be the team captain and will be responsible for naming of the team.
British Rules applies to team lodgements and emergencies.

Points will be awarded as follows
Premier Division Winner 10 Points
Reserves Division Winner 7 Points
Colts Division Winner 4 points.

Conference with most Points will win this shield.

Premier Division:

North - Leeches, Hedgies, Rams
South - Hurricanes, Owls, Breakers

Reserve Division:

North - Magic, Knights, Badgers
South - Dragons, Bunnies, Hoods

Colts Division:

North - Hawks, Giants
South - Werewolves, Steins

iZander

Wowee, surly South cant lose :P

Also, which ladder are we using? The proper one or the one, which has the unfinished round 9 in it?

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on May 24, 2017, 12:15:01 PM

Also, which ladder are we using? The proper one or the one, which has the unfinished round 9 in it?
Proper ladder as this is rounds 12 and 13, and we'll use r11 scores for suns/port (and hence know the actual ladder by then)

GoLions

Holy shower just had a look myself haha, gonna be tough for us :-X

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on May 30, 2017, 02:52:17 PM
I bet you thought i was just saying that because the Hurricanes were there :P

Also with the person who names the South/North teams, is that using this years ladder or last years?

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on May 30, 2017, 02:53:47 PM
Quote from: GoLions on May 30, 2017, 02:52:17 PM
I bet you thought i was just saying that because the Hurricanes were there :P

Also with the person who names the South/North teams, is that using this years ladder or last years?
This years I'd imagine. Captains will be finalised after R11, but the groupings hopefully don't change too much and coaches and sort out teams earlier if they wish haha. I think the only teams that will move around after the R9 results come in are; Werewolves (down), Leeches (up), Hurricanes (up), and then Magic and Knights could go either way, so Magic could slide down a spot and Knights could climb a few spots.

Ringo

To confirm we will use Ladder as it stands at conclusion of Rd 10 with Rd 9 adjustments added.

Hopefully have sorted early in the week to allow naming of teams.

GoLions

North vs South will be updated soooooooooon

GoLions

Colts Division

North
Huddersfield Hawks (C)
Grope Lane Giants

South
Winchester Werewolves (C)
Staines Steins

GoLions

Reserve Division

North
Manchester Magic (C)
Wrexham Knights
Bradford Badgers

South
Birmingham Dragons (C)
Blackpool Bunnies
Nottingham Hoods

GoLions

Premier Division

North
Leeds Leeches (C)
Hebden Bridge Hedgehogs
Liverpool Rams

South
Hastings Hurricanes (C)
Oxford Owls
Swansea Breakers

GoLions

Captains feel free to discuss teams with your teammates, and post whenever you wish (before Thursday night ideally if you want your Swans/Dogs scores to count).

Will send a PM out shortly as well :)

iZander

Not a great combo given the lack of quality forwards between us, but we will have a good backline! I thought id name the team here and if Ringo or Vin want anything different just chuck it up :P

Def: Laird, Docherty, Williams, Tuohy
Mid: Jelwood (C), Pendles (VC), JPK, Gibbs
Ruck: Martin
Fwd: Wallis, Stevens, Pedobear, Jong
Int: Wines, Goddard

Emg: Jones, Burgoyne, Westhoff, Mummy

Basically done on averages, will obviously take pedobear out if gawns back in. Also if Archie is named do we still name Martin?? Im leaning towards yes as he still wouldnt score that much less than either mummy or sandi anyway? thoughts?

Purple 77

Quote from: iZander on June 05, 2017, 10:37:20 PM
Not a great combo given the lack of quality forwards between us, but we will have a good backline! I thought id name the team here and if Ringo or Vin want anything different just chuck it up :P

Basically done on averages, will obviously take pedobear out if gawns back in. Also if Archie is named do we still name Martin?? Im leaning towards yes as he still wouldnt score that much less than either mummy or sandi anyway? thoughts?

Why bother to humour players from the other teams? Hurricanes don't need 'em.

iZander

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 05, 2017, 10:51:40 PM
Quote from: iZander on June 05, 2017, 10:37:20 PM

Why bother to humour players from the other teams? Hurricanes don't need 'em.

Just being polite really ;)