RDT Diary 2017

Started by Adamant, March 28, 2017, 09:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

Round 9
Score: 2342

Adams, Laird, Simpson, Lloyd, Newman, Williamson (EVW, Long)
Zerrett, Treloar, Pendles, Beams, Fyfe, Sidebottom, McGrath, Barrett (SPP, Balic, Pickett)
Stef, Sandi (Preuss)
Macrae, Dahl, I. Smith, Higgins, Walters, Parsons (Houston, Butler)

Slight move up the rankings for the first time in four weeks. Trades were Rocky > Higgins and D. Smith > Walters. I also gave the C to Treloar. I had to bring in two forwards to avoid a donut which meant I missed out on Myers (83) and Danger (156 and was going to give him the C) so am kinda spewing about that. Although it did allow me to bring in Walters who scored 118 and rose 65k alone this week so I can't complain too much.

Need to weigh up whether or not I upgrade this week or downgrade and build a warchest for the byes as I've already got over 300k in the bank. Danger is still under 600k so he might be too hard to resist. I'll probably have to pass on Greenwood as I'm already stacked for R13. McInnes is an option if named.

Rusty00

Geez, all you guys with heaps of money in the bank are making me jealous. My teams a week-to-week proposition requiring downgrades to upgrade.

Adamant

Round 10
Score: 2070

Key:
Rd 11 BYE
Rd 12 BYE
Rd 13 BYE

Adams, Laird, Simpson, Lloyd, Newman, McGrath (EVW, Long)
Zerrett, Danger, Treloar, Pendles, Beams, Sidebottom, Fyfe, Barrett (SPP, Balic, Pickett)
Stef, Witts (Preuss)
Macrae, Dahl, I. Smith, Higgins, Walters, Parsons (Houston, Butler)

Pretty average week but considering Lloyd and Walters combined for 40 I'll reluctantly take it. Trades were Williamson > Danger and Sandi > Witts which netted a good result. Good to see a few of my uniques in Sidey, Smith and Higgo have big games to salvage something this round.

Balic > Greenwood will be my first trade this week. For my second trade I'd like to get in Scooter for Pickett but am 23k short unfortunately so will have to make a downgrade somewhere. I would grab Schaz but I'm already too R13 bye heavy. Bolton is another option but I'm not convinced he'll hold his spot come R13. If Preuss isn't named this week (which is as good a week as any considering Goldy got towelled up by Kreuz) I might have to downgrade him to Strnadica as I won't be able to get him on my field after this week.

Or mabye I just pass on Scooter altogether and save up for Rocky who I'll need to get back in anyway. Scooter would be my M8 which means I probably won't be able to grab him for a while unless I traded Fyfe on his bye, but there's no chance of that happening. :P

Adamant

Round 11
Score: 1800
Trades: Preuss > Strnadica, Balic > Greenwood, Pickett > Scooter

Round 12
Score: 2086
Trades: Houston > Cousins, Walters > Wallis, SPP > Montagna

Round 13
Score: 1679
Trades: EVW > Mountford, Fyfe > Riewoldt, McGrath > Roberton

Adams, Laird, Roberton, Simpson, Montagna, Lloyd (Newman, Long)
Merrett, Danger, Treloar, Pendles, Beams, Sidebottom, Scooter, Barrett (Greenwood, Cousins, Mountford)
Stef, Witts (Strnadica)
Macrae, Dahl, NRoo, I. Smith, Wallis, Higgins (Butler, Parsons)

So a relatively successful bye period has got me back up to 166 overall. Team is just about complete other than M8 and I've obviously got the Scooter issue to deal with. If he's out for 2-3 I might downgrade him to Ryan via Lloyd which will bring Newman onto the field who deserves a spot anyway. Then I can upgrade Barrett to Titch or wait a couple of weeks until Rocky has bottomed out.