RDT Diary 2017

Started by Adamant, March 28, 2017, 09:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

Thought I'd join the party with these threads. :P

Round 1
Score: 2202

I'll take that score considering Eddy, Hibberd and Stewart combined for 83 points on my field. Basically all of my premos fired with the exception of Devon so that was pleasing.

Could be in a bit of trouble down back this week with Smith injured, Long suspended and Hibberd a chance to be dropped. Hopefully EVW or Newman is named so I can straight swap Smith to one of them, otherwise I'll have to find the 80k for McGrath which is going to be difficult. If worse comes to worst I might have to give Roughy the flick via Long DPP.

Rusty00

Those scores look good in the midfield! You're obviously expecting Collingwood to win a lot of possession this year :) So far so good.

Adamant

Quote from: Rusty00 on March 28, 2017, 10:16:56 PM
Those scores look good in the midfield! You're obviously expecting Collingwood to win a lot of possession this year :) So far so good.

It wasn't necessarily my intention to load up on the Collingwood midfield, just the way it turned out. :P I pick Pendles every single year and Treloar was also a lock for me. I also love Sidey and wanted him as a POD, although I'm a bit concerned he might spend more time across half-forward when Wells and De Goey come back into the side as Bucks has stated. Time will tell if it works out or not.

Adamant

Round 2
Score: 2154

Adams, Laird, Lloyd, Hampton, Newman, Stewart (Hibberd, Long)
Rocky, Treloar, Pendles, Fyfe, Beams, Sidebottom, Jobe, SPP (Barrett, Parfitt, Pickett)
Goldy, Sandi (Preuss)
Macrae, Dahl, D. Smith, Roughy, WHE, Butler (Houston, Eddy)

I ended up bringing in Newman (77) for Joel Smith to avoid a donut so that worked out pretty well. As for my trades this week, probably looking to beef up the backline a bit as I can't have Stewart scoring 40s on my field. Early thoughts are Roughy > McGrath (via Long DPP) and Hibberd > Marchbank.

Another thought I had (and am slightly tempted by) is to go Sidey > Oliver and Roughy > Hodge. Not because I don't think Sidey will bounce back, but Oliver is set to make a fair bit of cash while pumping out a 95-100 average in the meantime. Think that may be one I come to regret later in the season though.

Mat0369

Yeah I wouldn't do the Oliver and Hodge trades. I think you need Marchbank at D4 and you can probably get away with one of Stewart/Newman at D6 for the time being.

I'd also probably grab Otten over McGrath if you are going to downgrade Roughy. He is far cheaper and gives you probably the same cash generation at a cheaper price.

Adamant

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 04, 2017, 12:56:22 AM
Yeah I wouldn't do the Oliver and Hodge trades. I think you need Marchbank at D4 and you can probably get away with one of Stewart/Newman at D6 for the time being.

I'd also probably grab Otten over McGrath if you are going to downgrade Roughy. He is far cheaper and gives you probably the same cash generation at a cheaper price.

Not too keen on Otten. I actually picked Long over him to start with despite the suspension as I thought he'd be straight out for Lever after round one. He might survive another 1-2 weeks playing a R/F role with Jenkins out but I can't see him lasting much longer than that.

Another option is Riley Knight at 195k who has gone 71 & 69. He looks to have cemented a spot on the wing and should maintain a 70+ average.

Adamant

Round 3
Score: 2272

So I settled on Roughy > Knight and Hibberd > McGrath last week which I was reasonably happy with.

Adams, Laird, Lloyd, Hampton, McGrath, Newman (Stewart, Long)
Rocky, Treloar, Pendles, Fyfe, Beams, Sidebottom, Jobe, SPP (Barrett, Parfitt, Pickett)
Goldy, Sandi (Preuss)
Macrae, Dahl, D. Smith, WHE, Knight, Butler (Houston, Eddy)

Goldy has to go now that he looks to be playing second fiddle to Preuss. Grundy and Stef are the two clear standouts in the ruck and I'm finding it hard to split them.

If I knew Stef was going to be the sole ruck all season then I would take him in a heartbeat, but Archie Smith is going to get games at some point and when that happens his scores are going to plummet (see: last years average of 62 when he was splitting duties), which is the reason why I didn't start with him in the first place. With Grundy there isn't that same risk, but is it worth paying an extra 50k for that added security?

Rusty00

It's a tricky one, I actually had Grundy all pre-season but ended up dropping down to Martin for cash purposes. Whilst he's scoring well, I'm worried about Archie Smith at some stage though :-\

Ringo

Do not think we will play Smith unless Stef cops an injury. Has been proven that martin can not play forward and with the forwards we have can not see the necessity to bring Archie in. Schache pinch hit in the ruck on Sunday.

Mat0369

I'd go Stef but maybe look to get both in at some point.

Adamant

Alright so I settled on Stef. I also got in Hayward for Eddy last night.

Now watch as Preuss has a shocker tonight, Goldy reclaims his #1 ruck mantle and averages 107 for the rest of the season.

Adamant

Round 4
Score: 2112

Adams, Laird, Lloyd, McGrath, Hampton, Newman (Stewart, Long)
Stef, Sandi (Preuss)
Macrae, Dahl, D. Smith, WHE, Knight, Houston (Butler, Hayward)

A solid week mainly thanks to Rocky (c) now has me sitting inside the top 50 and within 171 points of first place. Thinking a double downgrade is on the cards this week - Pickett & Stewart to Balic & Williamson. Leaves me with 200k in the bank to bring in a gun next week.

Jobe looked absolutely cooked on the weekend and I'm tempted to upgrade him but Essendon were awful and I can see him firing up on ANZAC day so he stays for now.

Rusty00

Adamant

Round 5
Score: 2173

Adams, Laird, Lloyd, Hampton, McGrath, Williamson (Newman, Long)
Stef, Sandi (Preuss)
Macrae, Dahl, D. Smith, WHE, Knight, Houston (Butler, Hayward)

First real poor week has dropped me to 157 overall. Knight looks like he'll miss this week with a hammy so he needs to go. Spewing because he was proving to be a really nice pickup. However he does provide me with the funds to bring in Zach Merrett so I can finally be at peace.

WHE & Knight > Zerrett & Fisher. Balic also an option if named but I'm 50/50 on that.

Mat0369

Good trades. I have Merrett and he has been awesome for most of the year.