RDT Diary 2017

Started by Adamant, March 28, 2017, 09:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

Round 6
Score: 2036

Adams, Laird, Lloyd, McGrath, Hampton, Newman (Williamson, Long)
Rocky, Zerrett, Treloar, Pendles, Fyfe, Beams, Sidebottom, Jobe (SPP, Barrett, Pickett)
Stef, Sandi (Preuss)
Macrae, Dahl, D. Smith, Houston, Balic, Parfitt (Butler, Hayward)

So I ended up going Balic over Fisher after he was named, the only shining light in what was a disaster of a week.

Bit stumped on what to do this week. Parfitt > Parsons is locked in (provided he is named) which leaves me 225k in the bank. For my second trade I can go Houston > 550k fwd or def premo, but with no real standouts in that price range I'm instead thinking of basing my trades around getting in NRoo next week. So if I look ahead to next week...

SPP (300k if he hits 60) > Myers (provided he's named this week)
McGrath (363k if he hits 60) > 528k forward

NRoo will drop to roughly 595k if he goes 120, so I need to leave myself about 67k in the bank. In other words, I need to grab a defender for 485k or less this week. Main options are Shaw (most upside but at 484k doesn't leave much wiggle room), Z. Williams (highest average and only in 3.1% of teams), JJ (unique alternative to Heater) and Hibberd (the bargain).

Otherwise I could double downgrade with McNiece and grab Hodge and NRoo for McGrath and Hampton next week. I prefer Hodge over the above defenders but it means I miss out on the points this week. Thoughts?

Mat0369

Can you go Parfitt>EVW or McNiece using Long and then upgrade Houston?

Adamant

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 02, 2017, 10:49:00 PM
Can you go Parfitt>EVW or McNiece using Long and then upgrade Houston?

If I go McNiece over Parsons that gives me an extra 15k which would be just enough for Simmo, but then if I went ahead with my planned trades next week I would only have around 530k for a fwd premo, and I really want NRoo.

So it's a matter of choosing between:
Simmo this week, I. Smith/Buddy next week
Shaw/other sub 485k def this week, NRoo next week
Double downgrade this week, Hodge and NRoo next week

Mat0369

I'd go double downgrade. You aren't losing points since teams with Nank/Greene are either sideways trading or fielding the extra rookie this week and it allows you to get NRoo next week who will be top 6 at his position. Not sure on Hodge though. Hawks are a rabble

Adamant

I was going to start with Hodge before he got suspended for round 1. He's still scoring pretty well despite Hawthorn's woes and is also a POD. But probably a good idea to double downgrade and reassess. Gives me another look at the defenders and guarantees NRoo.

Jobe will probably get rested this week and throw these plans out the window anyway. :P

Mat0369

I had Hodge as well in the pre-season but things change. I'm thinking Doc, Simmo and Roberton are all going to average more. I'd be tempted to add Tuohy and Joey into that category as well. I also expect Shaw to score more with Haynes out so he is a buy low candidate

Rusty00

Hodge seems to score well when we get thumped as he's the only one who tries, which may be a good reason to get him in :-X

My concern with him is always his age and is more likely to miss a game than someone like Simmo. However that issue with players may be overstated a bit as there are many players who don't play 22 games a year.

Adamant

Round 7
Score: 2076

Adams, Laird, Simpson, Lloyd, Hampton, Williamson (Newman, Long)
Rocky, Zerrett, Treloar, Pendles, Fyfe, Sidebottom, SPP, Barrett (Beams, McGrath, Balic)
Stef, Sandi (Preuss)
Macrae, Dahl, D. Smith, Houston, Butler, Parsons (Hayward, Pickett)

Three poor weeks in a row has my overall rank on a steady decline. Trades were Parfitt > Parsons and Jobe > Simmo.

And this is a prime example of why there's no point in planning trades in advance. Myers was less than impressive while NRoo looked like he couldn't run on Friday night and his breakeven remains quite high at 152. I've got 126k in the bank so can go Hampton > Johannisen or Heeney, leaning towards the latter. Unfortunately I'm about 20k short of Shaw who I was eyeing off as he looks to be back.

Haven't even looked at my bye structure yet so I'll have to look into that before locking anything in.

Mat0369

Are you willing to hold Beams another week or are you looking at trading him? If you were to go Beams to Heeney you could probably afford to trade Hampton to Shaw and keep a bit of bank. Downside is you're going pretty light in the midfield potentially.

Adamant

Yeah I'm holding onto Beams, just can't afford to trade premos that aren't a LTI at this stage.

I'm hoping McNiece is named so I can downgrade Hampton to him and then finally piss off Pickett for Shaw. Need to get rid of as many non-playing players as possible before the byes.

Mat0369

The quad worries me. He missed a lot of time a few seasons back at Collingwood with a quad. It could stretch out until the byes.

Adamant

Round 8
Score: 2089

Adams, Laird, Simpson, Lloyd, Newman, Williamson (Vickers-Willis, Long)
Rocky, Zerrett, Treloar, Pendles, Fyfe, Sidebottom, Beams, SPP (McGrath, Barrett, Pickett)
Stef, Sandi (Preuss)
Macrae, Dahl, I. Smith, D. Smith, Balic, Butler (Houston, Parsons)

Keeping Newman on field for his 135 was about the only positive last week. On the downward slide big time.

Willo > Myers is my first trade this week. That will move McGrath down back and with him and Newman at D5 & D6 that will shore up my backline for the time being. Not overly keen on trading Rocky but I think he has to go (especially if one of Treloar/Beams don't get up), Danger at 578k is an obvious replacement there which leaves me with 260k for an upgrade next week.

If Balic still isn't right and Parsons is dropped then I'm going to seriously consider Sonny Walters up forward. Only 375k, 88 & 137 the last two weeks playing in the midfield and RTB has hinted that might become a regular thing. Worst case scenario he'll make a bit of cash and be a good stepping stone to an NRoo after the R11 bye.

Mat0369

What about a straight sideways to Tom Mitchell?

Adamant

I'm backing Danger to go close to matching Titch from this point onwards. I don't believe Titch will keep going 120+ every week whereas Danger is due. Not to mention the extra 100k which will help with upgrades and the all important R12 bye compared to R13 where I am stacked.

Also it's possible I might be a little bitter that I didn't start with Titch in the first place. :P But I picked him last year expecting him to kick on and he didn't, so wasn't going there again.

Adamant

Devon Smith out for 6 weeks...

FMDT.