WXV Rising Star and Team of the Week 2017

Started by Nige, March 20, 2017, 10:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Quote from: Adamant on April 10, 2017, 10:50:27 PM
Quote from: Nige on April 10, 2017, 09:52:17 PM
Rising Star

A star has risen out of Toronto where second year player Jacob Hopper worked hard for a 90 to get the nod this week.

Only injury will stop young Jacob from taking this out!

Only got the nomination last week because Petrevski-Seton's 116 was for the Weta. Not impressive. As for this week, McGrath was very impressive and must be a gun to match the other guy.

Adamant

Quote from: meow meow on April 17, 2017, 07:46:07 PM
Quote from: Adamant on April 10, 2017, 10:50:27 PM
Quote from: Nige on April 10, 2017, 09:52:17 PM
Rising Star

A star has risen out of Toronto where second year player Jacob Hopper worked hard for a 90 to get the nod this week.

Only injury will stop young Jacob from taking this out!

Only got the nomination last week because Petrevski-Seton's 116 was for the Weta. Not impressive. As for this week, McGrath was very impressive and must be a gun to match the other guy.

SPS couldn't even crack the seniors? Shows how much you rate him. :P

Plus Hopper has fwd status. SPS will need to average 5-10 points higher than him just to break even. Not impressive.

Nige

Round 4

Rising Star

It's true, Cairo young gun Andrew McGrath was just one of the reasons the Sands had a phenomenal week chipping in with 97 and just because someone didn't want to let ol' Pidge have his moment alone, future Christchurch perma-captain Brayden Fiorini also accomplished the same feat.

Team of the Week

We can't go on without mentioning first mention the good looking roosters that found themselves as coach(es) of the week, but now on to the team itself! Three of their finest made the team, two defensive stalwarts - Roberton and McGovern, and the best ruck in the competition Shane Mumford keeps his spot on the throne. In other news, forwards were very good this week, especially a duo from Seoul by the name of TJ Lynch and Brandon Matera while Luke Hodge and Taylor Walker were shining lights for their teams who have thus far have indifferent years.

D: Jeremy Howe (New Delhi), Dylan Roberton (Cairo), Luke Hodge (PNL), Jeremy McGovern (Cairo)
M: Tom Rockliff [c] (Mexico City), Lachie Neale (Beijing), Daniel Rich (New Delhi), Shaun Grigg (Rio)
R: Shane Mumford (Cairo)
F: Tom J Lynch [vc] (Seoul), Brandon Matera (Seoul), Eddie Betts (Mexico City), Luke Dahlhaus (Tokyo)
I: Taylor Walker (Buenos Aires), Elliott Yeo (Rio)

Coach(es): Nige and MajorLazer

iZander

Ricochet

Quote from: Nige on April 19, 2017, 09:37:33 PM
future Christchurch perma-captain Brayden Fiorini also accomplished the same feat.
reverse trades meow? HH stinks off halfback

Purple 77

I guarantee you that Spencer will make the ToTW some point this year.

meow meow

Quote from: Ricochet on April 19, 2017, 09:43:15 PM
Quote from: Nige on April 19, 2017, 09:37:33 PM
future Christchurch perma-captain Brayden Fiorini also accomplished the same feat.
reverse trades meow? HH stinks off halfback

I'll give you Wellingham back and you can keep HH too. I think I'll hang onto the rising star.

Toga

Jroo

GoLions

Rumour has it that the Mummy has been dethroned

Nige

Round 5

Rising Star

Moscow will be pretty rapt that they've got a real promising youngster in Ryan Burton who this week gathered a nomination for the rising star with a respectable 89. More of that from him and they might actually be challenging soon enough.

Team of the Week

D: Rory Laird (Pacific), Marcus Adams (Buenos Aires), Dylan Roberton (Cairo), Zach Tuohy (Buenos Aires)
M: Joel Selwood [c] (New York), Adam Treloar [vc] (Dublin), Rory Sloane (Dublin), Robbie Gray (New Delhi)
R: Toby Nankervis (Cape Town)
F: Jeremy Cameron (New Delhi), Jack Riewoldt (Dublin), Luke Dahlhaus (Tokyo), Toby Greene (Seoul)
I: Tom Mitchell (Pacific), Shane Mumford (Cairo)

Coach: Holz (Dublin)

Purple 77

Eric Hipwood also from Moscow was runner-up for the nomination, so some promising signs for the Spetsnaz!

Nige

Forgot the summary, but the most important thing to note is a certain coach who shall not be named rested the top scoring defender this week.

GoLions

Quote from: Nige on April 27, 2017, 04:19:11 PM
Round 5

Rising Star

Moscow will be pretty rapt that they've got a real promising youngster in Ryan Burton who this week gathered a nomination for the rising star with a respectable 89. More of that from him and they might actually be challenging soon enough.

Team of the Week

D: Rory Laird (Pacific), Marcus Adams (Buenos Aires), Dylan Roberton (Cairo), Zach Tuohy (Buenos Aires)
M: Joel Selwood [c] (New York), Adam Treloar [vc] (Dublin), Rory Sloane (Dublin), Robbie Gray (New Delhi)
R: Toby Nankervis (Cape Town)
F: Jeremy Cameron (New Delhi), Jack Riewoldt (Dublin), Luke Dahlhaus (Tokyo), Toby Greene (Seoul)
I: Tom Mitchell (Pacific), Shane Mumford (Cairo)

Coach: Holz (Dublin)
So the rumours are true then :o

Holz

Good to see coach of the week is back

Holz 3
Rico/Ele 1

life your game NDT

big congrats again to Nige/ML