WXV Rising Star and Team of the Week 2017

Started by Nige, March 20, 2017, 10:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Quote from: Holz on March 30, 2017, 04:40:25 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 30, 2017, 04:36:55 PM
Quote from: Nige on March 30, 2017, 02:18:22 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 30, 2017, 01:16:30 PM
A defender that will average 85 for the year, Seoul got this!
Well, he got the R1 nom at least!

Back2Back
Caleb2Caleb

Back2Back
Jacob2Jacob

in who the worthy winners are.
Haha sure #teamcaleb

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Holz on March 30, 2017, 04:40:25 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 30, 2017, 04:36:55 PM
Quote from: Nige on March 30, 2017, 02:18:22 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 30, 2017, 01:16:30 PM
A defender that will average 85 for the year, Seoul got this!
Well, he got the R1 nom at least!

Back2Back
Caleb2Caleb

Back2Back
Jacob2Jacob

in who the worthy winners are.

Worthy? Weitering couldnt even make the top 5! Well Hopper cant get a game so must both be worthy!

Nige

Round 1

Rising Star

The first rising star nomination for 2017 came out of Seoul where they're planning a #Caleb2Caleb succession plan, and it's off to a good start with Caleb Marchbank pumping out a very nice 97 to take the honours in the first week of the season.

Team of the Week

D: Rory Laird (Pacific), Jason Johannisen (Tokyo), Steven May (Moscow), Heath Shaw (Mexico City)
M: Dustin Martin [VC] (Dublin), Dyson Heppell (Moscow), Scott Pendlebury (Toronto), Marc Murphy (New Delhi)
R: Max Gawn (Berlin)
F: Josh J Kennedy [C] (New York), Elliot Yeo (Rio de Janeiro), Lance Franklin (Berlin), Jesse Hogan (Moscow)
I: Patrick Dangerfield (Seoul), Tom Rockliff (Mexico City)

Round 2

Rising Star

For the second week of the season, Tokyo gets to party as Sam Powell-Pepper produced the goods and delivered a 92 which really showed what he's capable of and it's fair to say that's scary when you consider it's only his second game!

Team of the Week

D: Christian Salem (Seoul), Sam Docherty (Moscow), Robbie Tarrant (New York), Jake Lloyd (New Delhi)
M: Robbie Gray [c] (New Delhi), Rory Sloane [vc] (Dublin), Ollie Wines (Beijing), Luke Shuey (London)
R: Brodie Grundy (Beijing)
F: Toby Green (Seoul), Jack Gunston (Dublin), Shaun Higgins (Christchurch), Will Hoskin-Elliott (Christchurch)
I: Marcus Bontempelli (Pacific), Patrick Dangerfield (Seoul)

Purple 77

Gawn - 1, Grundy - 1, Goldstein.... 0.

GG > G

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on April 04, 2017, 08:02:58 AM
Gawn - 1, Grundy - 1, Goldstein.... 0.

GG > G

The guy is injured very classy purp.

He is so good his backup matched Gawn.

Toga

Torpedo10

So if we had named Ryan Burton, he would've gotten it?

:'(

Nige

Nige

Also TotW writeups return next week.  :o 8)

meow meow

You can start the write up for the round 3 and eventual rising star winner early this week. Rodney isn't dumb enough to keep Fiorini out for another week.

Nige

Round 3

Rising Star

A star has risen out of Toronto where second year player Jacob Hopper worked hard for a 90 to get the nod this week. Spare a thought for the man they call SPS from Christchurch and Brandan Parfitt of Seoul who did a fantastic job for their reserves teams, let's hope their senior coaches took notice.

Team of the Week

We're finally back! ...or at least the beloved TotW summaries are! And you know what? There's big news guys, I mean real big. I'm talking 197cm and 105kg big. Of course, I can only be talking about the one and only Shane Mumford being taking his rightful place on the TotW ruck throne! Oh and did I mention his amazing Cairo teammate Taylor Adams also features this week? Yes, that happened. In addition, a few Dubliners also did okay, including Rory Sloane who captains this week's side while Sam Docherty was unfortunate enough to suffer a loss despite a great performance but also incredibly fortunate some other coaches in the league left some even better performing individuals languishing in their reserves sides.

D: Leigh Montagna [vc] (Christchurch), Taylor Adams (Cairo), Alex Rance (Dublin), Sam Docherty (Moscow)
M: Rory Sloane [c] (Dublin), Marc Murphy (New Delhi), Dustin Martin (Dublin), David Mundy (New York)
R: Shane Mumford (Cairo)
F: Nick Riewoldt (Mexico City), Jack Martin (New Delhi), Luke Dahlhaus (Tokyo), Jack Watts (Rio)
I: Patrick Dangerfield (Seoul), Marcus Bontempelli (Pacific)

Torpedo10

Who were the better performing defenders, Nige?

Purple 77

Gawn, Grundy and Mummy. Let's keep going for 17 different ruck nominees!

Nige

Quote from: Torpedo10 on April 10, 2017, 09:54:21 PM
Who were the better performing defenders, Nige?
Aaron Mullett and Jayden Hunt, the former wasn't even named as an emergency!

Adamant

Quote from: Nige on April 10, 2017, 09:52:17 PM
Rising Star

A star has risen out of Toronto where second year player Jacob Hopper worked hard for a 90 to get the nod this week.

Only injury will stop young Jacob from taking this out!