WXV Rising Star and Team of the Week 2017

Started by Nige, March 20, 2017, 10:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

2017 is particularly impressive. A worthless 5 matches @ 46 vs Zorko.

And still no compo.

Pick 2 for Jobe.
Pick 12 for Jack Trengove.
Shuey for useless McVeigh and decent WHE.

Why do we even vote on trades? Atrocious.

Toga

Nige

Round 15

Rising Star

This one was a matter of when not if, so it's good to see that Alex Witherden takes out this week's honour with a 109 which also happened to be the best rookie score of the week!

Team of the Week

D: Shannon Hurn [c] (New York), Michael Hurley (Pacific), Taylor Adams (Cairo), Shane Savage (Toronto)
M: Gary Ablett [vc] (Rio), Brad Ebert (Rio), Patrick Dangerfield (Seoul), Ben Cunnington (Mexico City)
R: Matthew Kreuzer (Toronto)/Shane Mumford (Cairo)
F: Chad Wingard (PNL), Jack Macrae (Toronto), Lance Franklin (Berlin), Jack Riewoldt (Dublin)
I: Tom Mitchell (Pacific), Sam Gray (London)

Coach: RaisyDaisy and AaronKirk (New York)

Not sure we've ever had a situation where two rucks got the same score but the only spot left to fill was the actual ruck spot, so I figured both deserved to have their name listed.

Nige

Quote from: iZander on July 17, 2017, 04:22:06 PM
Quote from: Nige on July 17, 2017, 04:06:20 PM
Round 15

Rising Star

This one was a matter of when not if, so it's good to see that Alex Witherden takes out this week's honour with a 109 which also happened to be the best rookie score of the week!

Team of the Week

D: Shannon Hurn [c] (New York), Michael Hurley (Pacific), Taylor Adams (Cairo), Shane Savage (Toronto)
M: Gary Ablett [vc] (Rio), Brad Ebert (Rio), Patrick Dangerfield (Seoul), Ben Cunnington (Mexico City)
F: Chad Wingard (PNL),

Not sure we've ever had a situation where two rucks got the same score but the only spot left to fill was the actual ruck spot, so I figured both deserved to have their name listed.
Looks like there are a couple of forward spots :P
Delet this.  :P

iZander

Quote from: Nige on July 17, 2017, 04:28:37 PM
Quote from: iZander on July 17, 2017, 04:22:06 PM
Quote from: Nige on July 17, 2017, 04:06:20 PM
Round 15

Rising Star

Team of the Week

F: Chad Wingard (PNL),

Looks like there are a couple of forward spots :P
Delet this.  :P

Sure thing ;)

Adamant

Good to see Kreuz is slowing down.

Pops Kelly for Witho will go down as one of the greatest trades in WXV history.

Nige

Round 16

Rising Star

The world is simply in disbelief that it took this long, but as they say - better late than never! Justice has finally been served as Hugh McCluggage earned the rising star nomination this week with 95 that got boosted after a timely rest last week.

Team of the Week

D: Shannon Hurn (New York), Michael Hibberd (Berlin), Zac Williams (Tokyo), Jeremy Howe (New Delhi)
M: Rory Sloane [c] (Dublin), Dustin Martin [vc] (Dublin), Dayne Zorko (Beijing), Patrick Dangerfield (Seoul)
R: Callum Sinclair (London)
F: Jack Gunston (Dublin), Ben Brown (Cairo), Cale Hooker (Buenos Aires), Jordan De Goey (Toronto)
I: Matt Crouch (New Delhi), Sam Jacobs (Rio)

Coach: Holz (Dublin)

Nige

Round 17

Rising Star

Our final rising star nomination for 2017 heads to our wooden spooners to give them a little bit of joy. Jy Simpkin showed a glimpse of how good he can be with a respectable 83.

Team of the Week

D: Taylor Adams (Cairo), Luke Ryan (PNL), Jeremy Howe (New Delhi), Brodie Smith (Toronto)
M: Clayton Oliver [vc] (Seoul), Dustin Martin (Dublin), Luke Dunstan (Berlin), Aaron Hall (Rio)
R: Zac Smith (Tokyo)
F: Tom Hawkins [c] (Dublin), Daniel Rioli (Rio), Jarryd Roughead (New York), Patrick Ryder (PNL)
I: Nat Fyfe (Berlin), Seb Ross (New Delhi)

Coach: elechet (New Delhi)

Torpedo10

Purple 77