Main Menu

2017 Discussion (the year of JOM)

Started by Hawka, March 04, 2017, 03:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

This board has been quiet of late so i thought i would create some discussion

Fellow Hawks fans we are getting quite a bit of stick for letting go of Mitchell and Lewis, but i am so far so happy with JOM and TMitchell and if players like Shiels can take another step up im confident our window is not over yet.
That being said i think top 4 may be out of reach (Hope im wrong). My prediction is 6th or 7th and who knows in the finals.

Im also so excited for Roughy to be back as well!

Bill Manspeaker

I'm hoping you guys finish as low as possible, cos we have your first rounder :P

Scrads

I've been drooling over JOM this entire pre-season, I'm so excited to see him out there in the regular season!

How lucky am I? So my Hawks guernsey has a #3 on it, obviously that used to be for Lewis. Before we announced our jumper number numbers I was like 'pleeeeaaaase give #3 to Tom Mitchell!' as he has been an absolute favourite of mine over the last few years, then boom! Jackpot with that one haha. So keen to see him out there for us too. We definitely need his contested ball winning around the stoppages!

Hawka

Quote from: Scrads on March 04, 2017, 11:10:00 AM
I've been drooling over JOM this entire pre-season, I'm so excited to see him out there in the regular season!

How lucky am I? So my Hawks guernsey has a #3 on it, obviously that used to be for Lewis. Before we announced our jumper number numbers I was like 'pleeeeaaaase give #3 to Tom Mitchell!' as he has been an absolute favourite of mine over the last few years, then boom! Jackpot with that one haha. So keen to see him out there for us too. We definitely need his contested ball winning around the stoppages!
Awesome luck Scrads :D

Sorry BM, hopefully its atleast after pick 15 :P

Hawka

After being somewhat absent the last couple of years im so flowering excited for Saturday week
Wrote a hawks season preview on my site, probaly the most enjoyable thing ive wrote on there so far  ;D

Hawka

Quote from: Rusty00 on March 10, 2017, 03:11:03 PM
So no Mitchell, Lewis or Hodge for Round 1 :o

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-10/hodge-to-miss-round-one-after-clubimposes-suspension
This is ,assove, i was worried already about the bombers but now wow, i dont even know if we are favorites

Hawka

Well we are under 24 hours away!
How are we feeling?
Glad Henderson is playing, kind of surprised Shocey is playing we look a little to tall up forward but maybe he will chime in defence or Gunston or roughy will play midfield

for the result i think essendon will come hard and be up a couple of goals at halftime , but we will rally in the last half and win by 20 odd points

Rusty00

Have been wary of a Rd.1 ambush for a while and Hodge being out doesn't help.

Rough will play a fair bit in the middle and Gunston pushes up to the wings/hb so I think  Schoey will get a fair run at it I reckon.

Hopefully we match the Bombers intensity early and then pull away.

Rusty00

Hard to see as making a strong challenge this year for the top, but still think we can play finals. Everyone is keen to stick the boots into us because they're jealous of the success we've had, but don't think we're as bad as some are making out. We weren't up for the content against a fired up Bombers which can happen in Round. 1 (see GWS) and had our chances last week to win against a very good Adelaide team. We're missing that polish on our final execution and calmness under pressure, we seem to be going a bit handball happy under pressure where as previously we could work our way out with precise kicking skills.

If we lose this week, then we can panic :-\

Rusty00

JBs-Hawks

Scrads

We're in strife to say the least. It's hard to see where to go from here, we're going to struggle to make the finals but tanking is useless seeing as our first pick in this year's draft is GWS' 2nd rounder. We're not equipped for the fast-paced game that's being played so far this year as we've got slow mids who just can't keep up. Lewis and Mitchell wouldn't have saved us by any stretch for this reason so I'm not exactly pining for either of them to come back.

As much as he can be frustrating, Hartung needs to come back into the side to hopefully add some of the speed we're lacking. I know he was lacklustre last week and I'm not sure he's the quickest, but I think we could use Kade Stewart's tackling pressure. I think I'm done with Langford, I honestly can't see what he can add or what role he can play to an acceptable level- he's an okay run-with or contested ball player, but that's about it and his disposal is shocking. Cyril needs a run in the guts. If it increases his chances of injury, then so-be-it. It's pointless having him forward when the ball isn't getting down there.

I could keep going, but I won't. I'll still rock up and cheer the boys on every game but the signs are there that this could be a long year.

Hawka

The skills were shocking, the hunger wasnt there
Going for the man instead of the ball in marking contests so many times, not sticking enough tackles
The suns were just everywhere and we were so slow
Just so frustrating