Australia in India (4 Tests)

Started by BratPack, January 15, 2017, 12:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

Big blow like been said not just the bowling he has played better than most our batsmen hate to say but I am agreeing with Jukes maybe Faulkner might be the go , but I'm sure of one thing the selectors will stuff this up

PowerBug

Sayers didn't bowl in the second innings today, and didn't bowl a lot in the first innings. And went wicket less when he did bowl. Maybe he's nursing an injury too? Or he's been rested with this injury being known and is preparing to fly out?

If you want pace Dorff or Mackin have to be the front runners.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Hawka

Faulkner maybe, but his bowlking in India may be questionable
oooo Dorff is a good suggestion

But apparently Bird has the inside track on the 3rd test, been bowling well in the nets according to Cricket.com.au haha

Jukes

We want Faulkner! We want Faulkner! We want Faulkner!

Well Shakes and I do :P

He'll be great on Indian pitches/conditions

Wouldn't complain with Dorff or a mackin though of course

shaker

Quote from: Hawka on March 10, 2017, 07:30:39 PM

But apparently Bird has the inside track on the 3rd test, been bowling well in the nets according to Cricket.com.au haha

Can Dorff or Bird bat I think not getting wickets does not seem to be the problem getting runs is for both sides so far Faulkner can bat and his variation bowling might be the go but who knows what the next pitch will be like , I say just load up the plane and decide on the day

Rusty00

Quote from: shaker on March 10, 2017, 08:56:29 PM

Can Dorff or Bird bat I think not getting wickets does not seem to be the problem getting runs is for both sides so far Faulkner can bat and his variation bowling might be the go but who knows what the next pitch will be like , I say just load up the plane and decide on the day
Yeah that's the problem. Bird has every right to be next in line for the pace bowlers but boy that's a long tail O'Keefe, Lyon, Hazelwood, Bird :-\

Especially when 6 and 7 aren't exactly piling on the runs.

PowerBug

Quote from: Rusty00 on March 10, 2017, 09:12:53 PM
Quote from: shaker on March 10, 2017, 08:56:29 PM

Yeah that's the problem. Bird has every right to be next in line for the pace bowlers but boy that's a long tail O'Keefe, Lyon, Hazelwood, Bird :-\

Especially when 6 and 7 aren't exactly piling on the runs.
There's going to be a new 6, possibly Khawaja, and Wade was good in the first innings. O'Keefe is a decent bat as well. His FC batting average is the same as Mitch Marsh, so as a number 8 he does the job :)

If they are taking another All Rounder over they pick Jack Wildermuth. Fits the bill for batting ability, bowling ability, age and form.

Bill Manspeaker

plumdog millionaire

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on March 11, 2017, 03:09:56 PM
Paddy's back  8)
Gutsy! Hope he can give 70% of the batting that Starc did otherwise we're stuffed with Stoinis

Hawka

Fantastic
High risk high reward!

PowerBug

How the flower is that fantastic? That is a flowering disgrace of a pick. What does that say to every other quick bowler who has put in hard yards and good results for year on year? How are Sayers, Behrendorff, Mackin, Tremain meant to feel knowing that Cummins can play one Shield game in 6 years and get a recall to the test squad? ::)

Gigantor

Quote from: PowerBug on March 11, 2017, 07:05:52 PM
How the flower is that fantastic? That is a flowering disgrace of a pick. What does that say to every other quick bowler who has put in hard yards and good results for year on year? How are Sayers, Behrendorff, Mackin, Tremain meant to feel knowing that Cummins can play one Shield game in 6 years and get a recall to the test squad? ::)

Because it's all about potential these days FC form means flower all

Jukes

inb4 that scrub Cummins gets both smashed and injured

Sayers, Dorff (if both are fit), and Mackin should have been picked way way before him

Hawka

Quote from: PowerBug on March 11, 2017, 07:05:52 PM
Big cause its one of the biggest high risk reward selections,We are a long shot to win the series now and Cummins may just help us, his bowling is damaging and his now a handy batter
Yea he could get injured but its a risk the selectors fill they have to take

Sayers would of come in if Bird or Hazlewood went down , he just is not even close to the bowler Starc is and offers very little with the bat

shaker

Not a fan of that decision what if the next wicket is a spinners paradise we have many spinners sitting over there not getting a run and we send another meathead fast bowler , we have a chance to win this series if we think outside the square but the selectors are just like politicians so far out of touch it's almost funny they should send at least 3 more players , a batsmen , a fast bowler and a all rounder