Main Menu

Australia in India (4 Tests)

Started by BratPack, January 15, 2017, 12:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Would we have played 3 quicks if Starc was fit.  Would of been interesting, Maybe on this pitch should have rolled the dice with the third seamer.

Bill Manspeaker

Ringo

87 Strikes again - Not posting anything for fear of jinxing.

Levi434

Rigged AF? Why the heck wasn't it lunch before Marsh came out?

Ringo

Still had more than 3 minutes to lunch unfortunately. So had to come out.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Levi434 on March 27, 2017, 08:40:51 PM
it was lunch long before Marsh came out  :P

nah must have been enough time before tea was called

Levi434

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on March 27, 2017, 08:45:11 PM
Quote from: Levi434 on March 27, 2017, 08:40:51 PM
it was lunch long before Marsh came out  :P

nah must have been enough time before tea was called

Yep sorry guys I meant tea. Still pathetic.

shaker

And it is all over not watching it but looks like a pretty pathetic batting performance

Ringo

Yep really pathetic especially Maxis brain fart padding up. Especially with the way DRS works as it went back to umpires call and ball was just kissing leg stump so out.

May have helped get a competitive score.

Bill Manspeaker

Maxy's the last person to blame for this

firmly, firmly believe had Renshaw taken that catch we'd be in a big time winning position. one moment. that's all it takes

Rusty00

Oh well. At least we made India fight for the series which was a lot more than I expected before the series started.

Hopefully this is a good learning experience for guys like Renshaw and Handscomb that will help them become better players.

Bill Manspeaker

could Paddy be any unluckier? flowerin ridiculous

PowerBug

Quote from: Ringo on March 27, 2017, 10:29:22 PM
Yep really pathetic especially Maxis brain fart padding up. Especially with the way DRS works as it went back to umpires call and ball was just kissing leg stump so out.

May have helped get a competitive score.
I just saw that photo on twitter. If padding up then yeah definitely happy to see that being given. But if he was playing a shot (Which the still picture looks like he is) then to me it's a terrible decision to give that out.

I don't understand how there can be umpires call for something that has already happened? I understand there being margin for error on the prediction stage of the ball tracking, but surely the known parts are as accurate as what there is in tennis? That Maxwell one is outside the line plain and simple, we are told that the centre of the ball has to be in line for the ball to be considered in line (as that is the part that hits the ground if that makes sense), this is outside the line of off stump.

Anyway, it's done. Series to India :(

Bill Manspeaker

personally I don't think he was playing a shot