BBL|06 and WBBL|02: Match Discussion Thread!

Started by PowerBug, December 09, 2016, 04:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

Paddy's a freak. did alright as an 18 year old going over to South Africa, picking up a 6/70odd and hitting the winning runs against a really strong South African side

I love him. if everyone is fit it's hard to fit everyone in, cos we gotta get Patto back in the team

Starc
Pattinson
Cummins
Hazlewood

is a beasty bowling line-up. no spin though so I doubt we'll ever roll with it. they can all bat as well

Jukes

That test was 5 years ago.

And speaking of overhyped, Pattinson...more injuries than wickets and doesn't look that great when fit anyway

Dorff is the best of the injury prone quicks

PowerBug

Quote from: elephants on January 08, 2017, 09:17:45 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on January 08, 2017, 08:46:43 PM
Quote from: Jukes on January 08, 2017, 08:34:40 PM
Will Cummins ever stop being overhyped?
It's laughable that he's in test squad contention despite no First Class game in 6 years. How are Bird, Sayers, Mennie (probably missing a few as well) knowing that Cummins will be in the test side as soon as he plays a First Class game? ::)

English Media must be perfect in their assessment of every young player AMIRITE

Most laughable thing is a bloke living in Australia whinging about Australian focused media ::)
Of course not. But you can't seriously consider a bloke for a 5 day match when he hasn't played that form of cricket for SIX YEARS! Yes he looks very very good and I think he could end up back in the side, but not until he at least plays a good 8-10 shield games surely? That's just super unfair on everyone else. If he wasn't from NSW no way he'd get this coverage.
Just your average footy nuffie.
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

GoLions

I like Patto, probs won't ever be fit for long enough to have much of an impact at the international level though.

Joshy
Starc
Bird
Patto

Would be my top 4. Haven't seen Sayers play though.

RaisyDaisy

It just doesn't get old!

It's been years, and I still laugh my ass off watching The Wild Thing bowl  ;D

He just gets belted every time LOL he's such a hack

Jukes

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 08, 2017, 10:13:53 PM
It just doesn't get old!

B-b-but he can bowl really fast!

He's fun to watch but damn he isn't very good

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Jukes on January 08, 2017, 09:43:05 PM

And speaking of overhyped, Pattinson...more injuries than wickets and doesn't look that great when fit anyway

it just proves how much talent this kid has. to do that at 18 is incredible. if he can get himself fit and play some shield cricket then I'd get him straight in

bit harsh on Patto too. without looking at stats I'd say he's already made an impressive start to his career. agree the injuries have played a big part so far but he's still young and when he gets over them he'll smash it

elephants

Quote from: PowerBug on January 08, 2017, 09:48:16 PM
Quote from: elephants on January 08, 2017, 09:17:45 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on January 08, 2017, 08:46:43 PM
Quote from: Jukes on January 08, 2017, 08:34:40 PM
Will Cummins ever stop being overhyped?
It's laughable that he's in test squad contention despite no First Class game in 6 years. How are Bird, Sayers, Mennie (probably missing a few as well) knowing that Cummins will be in the test side as soon as he plays a First Class game? ::)

English Media must be perfect in their assessment of every young player AMIRITE

Most laughable thing is a bloke living in Australia whinging about Australian focused media ::)
Of course not. But you can't seriously consider a bloke for a 5 day match when he hasn't played that form of cricket for SIX YEARS! Yes he looks very very good and I think he could end up back in the side, but not until he at least plays a good 8-10 shield games surely? That's just super unfair on everyone else. If he wasn't from NSW no way he'd get this coverage.

Haha my comment was more in reply to Jukes, I quoted badly. My bad :P

Jukes

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on January 09, 2017, 12:49:03 AM

it just proves how much talent this kid has. to do that at 18 is incredible. if he can get himself fit and play some shield cricket then I'd get him straight in

bit harsh on Patto too. without looking at stats I'd say he's already made an impressive start to his career. agree the injuries have played a big part so far but he's still young and when he gets over them he'll smash it

Yes but it's a tiny sample size. Remember when Jason Krezja took a 12fer on debut? Five years have passed and he hasn't done anything of note, pretty much a lost cause now. Has about a 25% chance of playing another test and a 5% chance of that being any good.

But at least he's only 23. Patto is 26 and shows very little signs of actually being any good.

Get around guys like Sayers, Dorff, and Abbott tbh

(Not bothering to reply to ele because he knows flower all about cricket)

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on January 09, 2017, 12:00:27 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on January 09, 2017, 12:49:03 AM

Yes but it's a tiny sample size. Remember when Jason Krezja took a 12fer on debut? Five years have passed and he hasn't done anything of note, pretty much a lost cause now. Has about a 25% chance of playing another test and a 5% chance of that being any good.

But at least he's only 23. Patto is 26 and shows very little signs of actually being any good.

Get around guys like Sayers, Dorff, and Abbott tbh

(Not bothering to reply to ele because he knows flower all about cricket)

1) You're comparing a 24 yr old spinner (at the time) to an 18 yr old quick. I sincerely hope you're talking shower here because you've got nothing better to do. Otherwise you're proving again how much of an imbecile you are.

2) You're not replying because I've made a genuinely valid point in which you can't make a foolish reply to. Your opinion of my knowledge of cricket is irrelevant to the point I've made.. ::)

Gigantor

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 08, 2017, 10:13:53 PM
It just doesn't get old!

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/shaun-tait-isnt-the-scary-prospect-he-once-was/news-story/64202161f838ab12fa87f5d415732d38

Some ugly numbers in there!

Ringo

News from the middle is the Renegades have won the toss and will bat first.

Team news Sixers XI: Henriques (c), Hughes, Lumb, Maddinson, Haddin, Botha, Silk, Abbott, Dwarshuis, Lyon, Bird
The Sixers have included test duo Nathan Lyon and Jackson Bird but Steve O'Keefe will play no further part in the BBL after he was withdrawn from the squad in order to prepare for the test tour of India. Jason Roy and Sam Billings have both headed off to international duties. Michael Lumb comes in for his first game of the season.

Renegades XI: Finch (c), Narine, White, Ferguson, Cooper, Perera, Short, Nevill, Pattinson, Tremain, Hogg
The Renegades have dropped left-handed batsman Marcus Harris. Sri Lankan all-rounder Thisara Perera comes into the side after replacing injured all-rounder Dwayne Bravo in the squad. Young Victorian batsman Matthew Short has also been included for his first T20 since 2014.

fanTCfool

Unbelievable, the international hamstring curse strikes again. This time it is Chris Jordan.

PowerBug

So Finch kept... I wasn't really watching switched it to the cricket and see Finch with the gloves and thought Nevill wasn't playing (I really haven't been paying attention to teams etc of late) and wondered wtf was going on!
Just your average footy nuffie.
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Gigantor

Quote from: PowerBug on January 09, 2017, 11:18:21 PM
So Finch kept... I wasn't really watching switched it to the cricket and see Finch with the gloves and thought Nevill wasn't playing (I really haven't been paying attention to teams etc of late) and wondered wtf was going on!

#betterthanwade