Ringos 2017 Diary

Started by Ringo, November 29, 2016, 02:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Still basically a structure Holz and will be 1001 permutations prior to Rd 1.

Ringo

Made some adjustments with a slightly more risk and posting her to compare with initial team.  Pending any injuries etc will sit on these 2 teams till New Year.  (Heard that before somewhere).  Rookies place holders untill we see what rookies will likely start Rd 1.

Changes made
Downgraded Marc Murphy to Swallow. Risk here but Swallow at price to hard to ignore.
Added Hibberd to Defence (think Hibberd can return to 90+ especially at Demons)
Upgraded Sloane to Hanners. (Hanners still may become JPK just need to decide which one will step up more with Mitchells departure.)
Downgraded Lynch to Roughie.

If Swallow stays on park and reverts to 2014 scoring will have 16 potential keepers which may help trading and injuries.  Hoping the likes of Swallow, Beams and Sandi can stay Healthy for first 7/8 rounds so they will make some nice coin and easy upgrades if the get injured.

Team Structure

Bye Structure

May have to look at Rd 13 when looking at final teams

Ringo

Thanks to the Higginator spreadsheets have updated selected team.

http://www.jockreynolds.com.au/2016/12/11/the-higginator-v-17/

Of the 7 mid price players expecting to retain Beams, Ryder, Murphy, Roughead, Sandilands with Hibberd? Swallow if he stays on the park could join them as well.  So basically if all 7 mid pricers fire and stay on the park I have 16 keepers.  However know this is the desired but in reality will not happen so am relying on a minimum of four staying. Giving me 9 upgrades required with should cost 18 - 20 trades allowing 10 trades for injuries and corrections. That is the plan anyway.

GoLions

Pfft, who has the time to look at the byes already :p

Looks pretty good though Ringo haha. I can't see myself starting any of the Swans mids as I never know which one is gonna burst out of the blocks from round 1, but Hanners had a great year so should be fine there aha

Ringo

Only posted it because it comes up in the spreadsheet.  Use Jocks spreadsheet each year for bye purposes.

Still no guarantee to start Hanners though he could become one of Neale, Sloane or Treloar.  The only certainty is this will not be round 1 team.

RaisyDaisy

Solid looking team Ringo

Yep, I'd be sitting on that til the new year now - no point wasting anymore time for now - just wait til NAB and go from there

crowls

Good looking Team Ringo.  Well balanced in rooks, prems and returning injury low ballers.
Only thing missing is DPP between fwds and mids.

Ringo

Quote from: crowls on December 23, 2016, 11:27:35 AM
Good looking Team Ringo.  Well balanced in rooks, prems and returning injury low ballers.
Only thing missing is DPP between fwds and mids.
Will be correcting that when I see what rookies are available Rd 1. Although DPP not really a necessity in early Rds.

Sabretooth Tigers

:)

Nice team as always Ringo, will be watching very carefully to see whether you start Beams in Rd.1. Without a doubt a magnificent footballer but I always get a little nervous about players being " managed for the rest of their careers. I hope he makes it, I love to see the best players out on the park, not in the pavilions. Will be very interesting to see whether S Selwood is played as an attacking mid during the NAB, he may be another possible money builder. Best of luck mate.            ;)

crowls

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on December 26, 2016, 03:15:07 AM
  :)

Nice team as always Ringo, will be watching very carefully to see whether you start Beams in Rd.1. Without a doubt a magnificent footballer but I always get a little nervous about players being " managed for the rest of their careers. I hope he makes it, I love to see the best players out on the park, not in the pavilions. Will be very interesting to see whether S Selwood is played as an attacking mid during the NAB, he may be another possible money builder. Best of luck mate.            ;)

ST, no alternative universe where I would see myself giving S Selwood a start mate.   so many better SC scoring options.     :P

Ringo

Played around a bit and now sitting on this team till NAB Cup and 1st Rd,

Mostly Guns and Rookies but 4 midpricers who if they regain from following injury all capable of 95plus with exception of Ryder who is back up Ruck to Goldy and Sandi. 
So 10 super premos + 4 possible premos.  Gone strong in mids but with the fwd and defensive rookies/returning players available think ok to be a little weak on these lines,
Hanners could become Rocky if he shows reasonable form and attitude during NAB cup.
Murphy started last season strongly before injury, we know what Beams can do and Sandi although older can still put out the big score. Risks I am willing to take.
Have used some top priced rooks as well to allow for movement and adjustment.

Capper

$200k is too much for the bench, Schar out, McGrath back, rookie mid in.

How many games are you expecting Sandi to play?? I dont see him going to GAbba or one of the sydney games atleast

Ringo

Thanks Capper - Will adjust rookies for RD 1 Placeholders at the moment and using some pricier ones so have options when we know which rookies are playing. Don't want to be caught with having to downgrade prems to accommodate playing rooks. McGrath and Taranto atm are my DPP links as well.

With Sandi prior to injury last season he played 21games in both 2013 and 2014 so if he stays fit expecting quite a few games but as you say he may miss Brisbane and Sydney. 

Capper

Freo doesnt have a bad draw but 2 trips to Sydney, one to Brisbane he may miss.

If Sandi plays he will average top 5 ruck and much better than Belly who is the same price. Wasn't Sandi injured at training before xmas??

Sabretooth Tigers

:-\

I'm concerned about how Sandilands may be managed next season. Most that have concerns are worried about interstate games in which he may be rested or the prospect of the 34 year old incurring injuries. I'm concerned about his TOG playing in the ruck. Don't know if Freo have someone on the up that they want to bring along quickly. But if they have Sandi's times may be reduced. You usually have more than 10 keepers in your sides Ringo. Possibly 11 if  Beamer comes good, which is a chance
I'm sure we'll all have a lot more drafts before selection night. Cheers and best of luck mate     

???