Ringos 2017 Diary

Started by Ringo, November 29, 2016, 02:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Rucks giving me a bit of grief, Personally think Gawn is overpriced and we have been burnt each year with Rucks not following up string years the next. May go with Grundy, Was keen on Nicholls but with the arrival of Witts cooled. Martin also an option but waiting to see if Brisbane return to a single ruck.
Freo have 7 games at home before travelling to Brisbane in Rd 12 and 2 of the away games are at Adelaide so expect Sandi to play the majority and if he returns to form should have made sufficient cash to allow upgrade to a performing ruck around Rd 12.

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: Ringo on January 14, 2017, 11:50:17 AM
Rucks giving me a bit of grief, Personally think Gawn is overpriced and we have been burnt each year with Rucks not following up string years the next. May go with Grundy, Was keen on Nicholls but with the arrival of Witts cooled. Martin also an option but waiting to see if Brisbane return to a single ruck.
Freo have 7 games at home before travelling to Brisbane in Rd 12 and 2 of the away games are at Adelaide so expect Sandi to play the majority and if he returns to form should have made sufficient cash to allow upgrade to a performing ruck around Rd 12.

All good points, but to me having Sandi means a double trade. If he gets good game time then he may piggy back you up near the price of a top ruckman you want. So far so good. But what about Paddy Ryder ??  How will the break effect the suspended players, will they weaken near the end of the season. Personally don't think they will, I think it more likely that they may start a bit slower instead. But either way I don't believe Ryder will become a top 7 forward, just maybe a handy final R/F reserve.  Guess it comes back to how many absolute keepers you want to start with. Probably 26 just like me. Cheers.

crowls

Gawn is a lot of money up front.   Historically rucks in SC have failed to back up the following year so your reasoning is sound.  My feeling is Gawn is still entering his prime period of football and is committed to being the best ruck in the AFL.   Yes he will lose value but you also get an exceptional C/VC option.   All other ruck options come with risks as well.  Grundy is likely to improve his output and get to 105+ this year.   But would you use him as a reliable VC option.  Don't think so.   

Sandilands is a risk that is worthwhile for the potential upside and minimal downside.   If he comes out firing  we may be in a position to trade up by Rnd 9-10 to a Goldy, Grundy or Stef. 

Ryder as R/F is a minimal risk option.   Likely to avg 95+ as a forward is great return and come end of season would be F6/7.

My plan is Gawn, Sandi   with Ryder in F3/4 at the start of the season.    Goal is Gawn, (Goldy,Stef, Grundy) by mid season to run the season out.   

Fid

I like your side Ringo..

I have a similar set up with 3 premo defence and forwards and potential 6 premo mids

pietime

Good side mate.

Sandi / Goldy combo will be very popular. Not sure if Thomas will get a game at Collingwood so watch him. 2 blokes coming off knee reco's in backline could be a risk although both seem to be travelling well at the moment.

Ringo

Quote from: pietime on January 16, 2017, 12:57:09 PM
Good side mate.

Sandi / Goldy combo will be very popular. Not sure if Thomas will get a game at Collingwood so watch him. 2 blokes coming off knee reco's in backline could be a risk although both seem to be travelling well at the moment.
Thank You put Thomas in because of his price at $193k. Just to ensure I have wriggle room when we find out who is playing. I will probably not start Murphy and have a replacement in mind,

_wato

Quote from: Ringo on January 14, 2017, 11:50:17 AM

Geez you have nailed this, spot on with what I was thinking.

Ringo

Posting my latest team here in case I lose it when SC opens tomorrow.

Slight adjustments from last team but one I am now sitting on.

Gigantor

Only 10 keepers with 5 mid priced risky picks is to much for me. Could pay off handsomely or you could crash and burn :)

Ringo

Fair comment and one thing for certain will not be my final team. Used Swallow and high priced rookies to make sure I had plenty of wriggle room when we know what rookies are playing round 1. So plenty of scope to upgrade some mid pricers if cheaper rook options come eg if Swallow goes down to say a 130k rookie then easy upgrade of Martin.
Hoping to turn Sandi into best ruck that is coming up. Been burnt previously with Rucks not backing up the following year - Jacobs, Goldy (last year). Martin etc - Each year we seem to have a ruck come from lower levels to be stand outs so keeping my eye on the likes of Grundy, Hickey and co.  Sandi may even survive. Why Ryder must stay in forwards initially.
Hoping Beams has a hassle free season and one less trade.

Money Shot

Good team. Like that you have expensive rookies so that you can downgrade later on a potentially get a mid pricer to a premium.

PureSwag

Yeah I like that he used high priced rooks so that he can downgrade for a nice rook and upgrade to someone if needed to. That is my plan to and I think a lot of people are doing that plan to and it can be helpful to put some rooks in.

Ringo

haha :D

Just did a team with weak defence based on the rookies that may be available - Strengthened rucks a little as well. Final team will probably be a mixture of the 2.

Still undecided on Macrae and whether to get rid of Ryder or keep for added ruck protection.

Again expensive rookies for wriggle room.

Sven

Love the mids, near indentical to mine, except gone with Murphy over Beams. Hopefully he works out for you, got burnt by him last year. :(

Rucks and forward line is fine, but I have concerns over the weakness of your backline, really feel you need another premium in D3...is there a reason why you went so weak?

Ringo

Quote from: Sven on February 06, 2017, 01:14:31 PM
Love the mids, near indentical to mine, except gone with Murphy over Beams. Hopefully he works out for you, got burnt by him last year. :(

Rucks and forward line is fine, but I have concerns over the weakness of your backline, really feel you need another premium in D3...is there a reason why you went so weak?
Basically lack of cash but hoping with lower priced rookies can rectify.  Feel this is the line where a lot of rookies will play if does not work out.