Ringos 2017 Diary

Started by Ringo, November 29, 2016, 02:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Just posting an initial team with structure.  Left a lot of cash to play with when real prices announced in a few weeks time.

TEAM NAME: Ringos Rocky Road
DEF: A. Rance, D. Rampe, M. Hibberd, J. Carlisle, S. Edwards, J. Scrimshaw (I. Cumming, L. Keeffe)
MID: P. Dangerfield, R. Sloane, N. Fyfe, D. Heppell, D. Beams, T. Mzungu, W. Brodie, S. Petrevski-Seton (W. Hoskin-Elliott, H. Balic, N. Freeman)
RUC: S. Martin, P. Ryder (J. Witts)
FWD: D. Martin, D. Zorko, T. Lynch, J. Roughead, S. Crameri, A. Monfries (T. Taranto, J. Daicos)
CASH LEFT: $411,900

Sabretooth Tigers

;)

Thanks Ringo, you are definitely one of natures gentlemen for not leaving me to hang out and dry by myself here.
And without a doubt, the second best team I have sen up to date. Best of luck next season, cheers from " pete the oldfart "

:) ;)

Ringo

No problems Pete - Just wanted to get a structure up happy with.

Expect a lot action when SC Picker available next week.

crowls

Quote from: Ringo on November 29, 2016, 02:00:27 PM
Just posting an initial team with structure.  Left a lot of cash to play with when real prices announced in a few weeks time.

TEAM NAME: Ringos Rocky Road
DEF: A. Rance, D. Rampe, M. Hibberd, J. Carlisle, S. Edwards, J. Scrimshaw (I. Cumming, L. Keeffe)
MID: P. Dangerfield, R. Sloane, N. Fyfe, D. Heppell, D. Beams, T. Mzungu, W. Brodie, S. Petrevski-Seton (W. Hoskin-Elliott, H. Balic, N. Freeman)
RUC: S. Martin, P. Ryder (J. Witts)
FWD: D. Martin, D. Zorko, T. Lynch, J. Roughead, S. Crameri, A. Monfries (T. Taranto, J. Daicos)
CASH LEFT: $411,900

Ryder is good value,  S Martin not worth it if Archie Smith is playing alongside him.   Beams will be up with Danger in terms of % in teams.   Like your mid rookie bench as well.     
Any news on Roughie actually playing next year?

I see Zac Merret getting M/F and being good value again.   Agree with you on poor value in Def Prems wiht Doch, Simpson Shaw all being expensive.   

Looking forward to Monday to see how it all shapes up.   

Ringo

Think we will be going with single ruck this year with Andrews and others giving relief for Stef.

crowls

Quote from: Ringo on December 01, 2016, 06:27:32 PM
Think we will be going with single ruck this year with Andrews and others giving relief for Stef.
Will bring Stef Martin back into contention if Fagan goes that way.   

_wato

I really want the stefmeister but can't go past Maxy or Goldy tbh

Also got badly burnt by him last year so I'm sill hurting

AaronKirk

Solid standard structure.

Until we know the pricing structure of the suspended players returning we really don't know what a good structure is do we?

Ringo

First Attempt with release of SC Picker. $66k left to adjust rookies etc.

Stmadica is the obvious choice for loopholes given the number of late games Freo have.  Looked at Cameron but Sydney have quite a few early games. Hunter from Adelaide another option with R/F.

Marc Murphy may become a rookie once I know which rookies may start to boost defence.

quinny88

Do you think Martin and Jacobs can get close to matching Gawn and Goldy? If they can this is going to help massively saving a lot of coin! What can you tell me about Barrett from Brisbane? Heard big wraps on him but haven't seen him in anyone's side yet

crowls

Nice looking team Ringo.    Impressive 15 keepers if they can all stay on the park.
Eddy, L Ryan, Myers and Berry will be popular rooks at  this stage of the season as well.   

Ringo

Quote from: quinny88 on December 06, 2016, 05:25:41 AM
Do you think Martin and Jacobs can get close to matching Gawn and Goldy? If they can this is going to help massively saving a lot of coin! What can you tell me about Barrett from Brisbane? Heard big wraps on him but haven't seen him in anyone's side yet
Must have looked at side before I put up correct one  :D :D (Note same as yours now)  - Was playing around a little and put wrong one up.
Barrett is picked up as a rookie though and will have to await elevation.  He was drafted as a zone selection by GWS in 2013 and we picked him up with our first rookie pick.
He starred for GWS in the NEAFL and is a speedy midfielder. Will be a definite down grade target when upgraded.

quinny88

Quote from: Ringo on December 06, 2016, 09:49:23 AM
Must have looked at side before I put up correct one  :D :D (Note same as yours now)  - Was playing around a little and put wrong one up.
Barrett is picked up as a rookie though and will have to await elevation.  He was drafted as a zone selection by GWS in 2013 and we picked him up with our first rookie pick.
He starred for GWS in the NEAFL and is a speedy midfielder. Will be a definite down grade target when upgraded.

Oh haha I see now. Definitely prefer that ruck combo ;)
Is there any chance for Barrett to be upgraded before the season starts?

Ringo

Quote from: quinny88 on December 06, 2016, 04:10:49 PM
Quote from: Ringo on December 06, 2016, 09:49:23 AM

Oh haha I see now. Definitely prefer that ruck combo ;)
Is there any chance for Barrett to be upgraded before the season starts?
There is a chance we promote a rookie ro replace Jaden McGrath who retired late. We only drafted 6 players and with McGraths retirement that only gives 39 on Senior List.

Holz

would certainly turn Macrae into Ainsworth and then turn Murphy into say Treloar and Sandi into Gawn

its pretty big injury punts and even if they pay off cant see them being uber premos.

Gawn Treloar Rookie v Murphy Sandi Macrae basically.

115 115 65 (bowes) v 100 100 95

thats a even game but more cash generation to the premo squad as you wont upgrade any of Murphy Macrae Sandi and also less injury prone to the premo squad so downside is lower.