Chappell-Hadlee 3 Match Series

Started by PowerBug, November 27, 2016, 08:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on December 04, 2016, 04:44:16 PM
right

so yeah we're 4 down... but that's with 2 chop ons (that could have easily missed the stumps), one sorta strangle I guess down the legside, and one of those run outs where the bowler just gets his hands on it

I mean, just an ounce of luck would be nice, but ah well

Does having your captain not being given out LBW not count as luck?

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: PowerBug on December 04, 2016, 04:46:57 PM
Yeah that wicket is unlucky :/ Trav Head to save the day :D
yep this will be good for him if he can make runs in this sort of situation

and he shoulda been ahead of Marsh anyway

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Jukes on December 04, 2016, 04:51:11 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on December 04, 2016, 04:44:16 PM
right

so yeah we're 4 down... but that's with 2 chop ons (that could have easily missed the stumps), one sorta strangle I guess down the legside, and one of those run outs where the bowler just gets his hands on it

I mean, just an ounce of luck would be nice, but ah well

Does having your captain not being given out LBW not count as luck?
yeah fair call, forgotten about that

Jay

I saw a Marsh named ahead of Head in the batting order and presumed it was Shaun! ::)

Nevertheless, that was a very unlucky dismissal.

Nige

Travis Head probably wondering what he did to deserve batting below the joke of a batting allrounder cricketer that is Mitch Marsh.

Maxi also would have done a better job than 1 off 3.

Bill Manspeaker

New Zealand have to try to keep Australia's score down every over

good expert commentary that Heals

lucky there Head. that was a sitter

Jukes

Quote from: Nige on December 04, 2016, 04:56:03 PM
Travis Head probably wondering what he did to deserve batting below the joke of a batting allrounder cricketer that is Mitch Marsh.

Maxwell has scored less than 1 (i.e. 0) in 3 of his last 7 ODI innings, so I wouldn't say that. 0, 6, 0, 0, 3, 46, 4 - absolute spud

Head's overrated too - literally averages under 25 in ODIs and 35 in FC. His whole meme is built up around that ton against the sixers.

fanTCfool

Travis Head will finish off this innings brilliantly and prove he is not just a meme

PowerBug

I don't think Mitch Marsh is that bad at short form cricket, not better than James Faulkner or John Hastings though as seam ARs (Duke probably not good enough to bat in the top 7 though)

Head > Maxwell on current form and also potential ability. Maxwell will play T20I when the real cricketers are in India.

Jukes

Quote from: fanTCfool on December 04, 2016, 05:14:37 PM
Travis Head will finish off this innings brilliantly and prove he is not just a meme

It's impossible to represent Aus and not be a meme sorry. You're either a big-hit meme (Warner, Finch, Memeswell, Head), I can bowl fast meme (Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins), just being a bad player meme (Wade, Marsh, Bailey, Zampa, Faulkner), or being a meme of a captain (Smith), and many of those players fit into other memes like good fielder, flat track bully, one-game wonder, etc.

Ausmeme

Jay

Quote from: Jukes on December 04, 2016, 05:03:43 PM
Quote from: Nige on December 04, 2016, 04:56:03 PM

Maxwell has scored less than 1 (i.e. 0) in 3 of his last 7 ODI innings, so I wouldn't say that. 0, 6, 0, 0, 3, 46, 4 - absolute spud

Head's overrated too - literally averages under 25 in ODIs and 35 in FC. His whole meme is built up around that ton against the sixers.
True, but that was still pretty flowering awesome :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Jukes on December 04, 2016, 05:20:46 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on December 04, 2016, 05:14:37 PM

It's impossible to represent Aus and not be a meme sorry. You're either a big-hit meme (Warner, Finch, Memeswell, Head), I can bowl fast meme (Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins), just being a bad player meme (Wade, Marsh, Bailey, Zampa, Faulkner), or being a meme of a captain (Smith), and many of those players fit into other memes like good fielder, flat track bully, one-game wonder, etc.

Ausmeme
Australian decks are flatter so you'd expect higher batting  and bowling averages. Doesn't make them flat track bullies (some are but not every single player)

Have you even seen Zampa play? ;D

nrich102

Who's more of a meme, Watto or Wade?

Bill Manspeaker

we've got a few runs off free hits today

Bill Manspeaker

onya Smiddy

as Jukesy rightfully pointed out, a bit lucky with the LBW decision, but still an awesome innings