NBA Season 2016/17

Started by Jay, October 03, 2016, 10:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Quote from: valkorum on August 01, 2017, 12:55:16 PM
In the press conference this morning the CEO said that the reason those clubs were chosen was to represent the 3 biggest basketball states - QLD, NSW and VIC

Surely going forward they need to award to the 2 teams that make the grand final.

As if those 3 teams get more attendance than Perth and Adelaide!!  Ludicrous, part time fans are not basketball fans.  Brisbane folded for flowers sake!

jvalles69

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 01, 2017, 01:03:27 PM
Quote from: valkorum on August 01, 2017, 12:55:16 PM
In the press conference this morning the CEO said that the reason those clubs were chosen was to represent the 3 biggest basketball states - QLD, NSW and VIC

Surely going forward they need to award to the 2 teams that make the grand final.

As if those 3 teams get more attendance than Perth and Adelaide!!  Ludicrous, part time fans are not basketball fans.  Brisbane folded for flowers sake!

Cats also pull the most money for the NBL by a mile!  Absolutely pathetic decision.

R.Griffen

I knew Brisbane were getting one of the games. Melbourne were most likely to get one so that left Sydney, Perth and Adelaide. I assume Gazey had an influence

jvalles69

Quote from: R.Griffen on August 01, 2017, 01:40:27 PM
I knew Brisbane were getting one of the games. Melbourne were most likely to get one so that left Sydney, Perth and Adelaide. I assume Gazey had an influence

The Perth hate is strong in this league...

jvalles69

My top 10 teams to watch based on "FUN" in the upcoming season.

1. Minnesota - Arguably the best off season moves bringing in Butler, Teague and Crawford.  They get a legit superstar in Butler, 2 guys who can close out games in Butler and Crawford.  Teague is solid, but would have been nice to see a healthy Rubio run with this team.
2. Philadelphia - I want to see the "Process" succeed.  If all healthy these guys could take my #1 spot for fun teams to watch.  Adding Reddick is genius, he'll go bonkers with this team.  #prayforhealth
3. Houston - The pairing of Harden and CP3 is going to be fun to watch, just recently in a Drew league game CP3 passed the ball to Harden who just started dancing with it, CP3 started yelling at him, Harden continued to dance with the ball, CP3 continued yelling, Harden scored, then ran to CP3 and gave him the biggest hug.  This is going to be such a fun love/hate relationship.  Hope it works out for them, they are going to be super high scoring.
4. OKC - With the addition of PG13, this lineup looks like a serious contender and feel this team has the biggest chip on their shoulder.
5.  Milwaukee - The rise of Giannis, that is all.
6. Lakers - Will be fun to watch Lonzo run this team, could get ugly at times, but the highlights will outweigh the 40pt drubbings.
7. New Orleans - AD, DC and Rondo, some games will be marvellous, some games will be like the Hindenburg going down.
8. Boston - The Hayward addition makes them  a massive threat against Cleveland.
9. Golden State - Good basketball 24/7.
10. Cleveland - If Kyrie stays it will be interesting to see if they can get back to business, or if Kyrie goes it will be intriguing to see who they add.

Just missed out: Utah, Spurs and Washington

JBs-Hawks

Holz

As a Cavs man im pretty much looking at this as Crowder + Brooklyn 1st for Kyrie.

Isiah Thomas just a one year rental that will not be there next year. I think it pretty much means Lebron wont be there next year.

So the Cavs roster will now likely be

Brooklyn Lottery Pick
XXXXX
Crowder
Love
TT

at the end of the day its not a bad deal considering the situation Kyrie put the Cavs in. Its a real shame the Bledsoe PG13 trade didnt go down or I reckon Cavs would have been a good shot for the ring and also Lebron would have stayed.

Surely Lebron cant stay now and It will be a waste of his prime (which is starting to come to an end).

Sad Day as a Lebron Fan.

As a guy who like the Celtics and Irving though its exciting.

Irving is a upgrade on offense and less of a liability on Defense given he is 16cm taller.

Irving
Tatum
Hayward
Brown
Horford

i like that line up. Only issue is it looks to me like they have 3 SFs to fill the SG SF PF roles and they are all pretty much the same size at 6-6

Shouldnt be too much of an issue with one of them playing SG but probably a little small for PF. Especially Given Horford is more PF size then C size.

jvalles69

Biggest thing I take out of this trade.  Boston will become the powerhouse in the East once Lebron goes to the Lakers.

Got on Kyrie this morning on SB for MVP @ $21, most other bookies have him down to $11.

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 23, 2017, 12:31:23 PM
Biggest thing I take out of this trade.  Boston will become the powerhouse in the East once Lebron goes to the Lakers.

Got on Kyrie this morning on SB for MVP @ $21, most other bookies have him down to $11.

I reckon Kyrie is no shot at MVP.

KD would be my tip
dont see Westbrook going back to back especially with PG13
Leonard would be my next favourtie

If not Id have James ahead of Irving. James hasnt won it for a few years and is still the best player in the league, he might have some fire in the regular season too to take the number 1 seed.

Boston is in the box seat to become the powerhouse but I wouldn't sleep on Philly or the Bucks. Both just need to stay healthy

Bucks never had Middleton and Parker on the floor 100% together. Greek Freak will be a top 5 player in my books soon and Brogdon just stole ROY but regardless looks a good role player. Monroe is a decent enough centre and who knows what Thon Maker will do.

We all know embiid is a jet, Saric was the rightful ROY, ROCO a solid role player and then they basically add 2 #1 draft picks. Philly will take some time and some injury luck but i reckon they have the most upside in the east.

jvalles69

Quote from: Holz on August 23, 2017, 12:54:21 PM

KD would be my tip

If not Id have James ahead of Irving. James hasnt won it for a few years and is still the best player in the league, he might have some fire in the regular season too to take the number 1 seed.

Boston is in the box seat to become the powerhouse but I wouldn't sleep on Philly or the Bucks. Both just need to stay healthy

Bucks never had Middleton and Parker on the floor 100% together. Greek Freak will be a top 5 player in my books soon and Brogdon just stole ROY but regardless looks a good role player. Monroe is a decent enough centre and who knows what Thon Maker will do.

We all know embiid is a jet, Saric was the rightful ROY, ROCO a solid role player and then they basically add 2 #1 draft picks. Philly will take some time and some injury luck but i reckon they have the most upside in the east.

Think Giannis will go up another level so he's not out of MVP talks either.

See footage of Simmons filling in for a mates social team!  Dunking on short, fat, bald dudes.  76ers management would've had a meltdown seeing this!  :o

R.Griffen

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 23, 2017, 01:11:45 PM

KD would be my tip

See footage of Simmons filling in for a mates social team!  Dunking on short, fat, bald dudes.  76ers management would've had a meltdown seeing this!  :o
Played more games of social basketball since being drafted than NBA games. Lost all respect for him

Holz

Quote from: R.Griffen on August 23, 2017, 02:19:45 PM

KD would be my tip

Played more games of social basketball since being drafted than NBA games. Lost all respect for him

dont lots of players play social pick up games?

he is 100% healthy and has been for a while.

R.Griffen

Quote from: Holz on August 23, 2017, 02:26:42 PM
Quote from: R.Griffen on August 23, 2017, 02:19:45 PM

KD would be my tip

dont lots of players play social pick up games?

he is 100% healthy and has been for a while.
Yep they do, but how many don't play an NBA game in their first year and play pickups for fun

Jay

plumdog millionaire