NBA Season 2016/17

Started by Jay, October 03, 2016, 10:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 11, 2017, 05:01:55 PM
The injury worry with Embiid is supposed to be the foot. The same foot that gave him 0 issues last season and has been healthy for months. Oden had microfracture surgery on his knee. It's apples and oranges. Forget their performances when both were on the court.

Embiid is also probable for the next pre-season game. The rumor was his management refused to clear him until he received a new contract extension. The fact he might play in preseason lines up with that.

got to agree here. I kinda compare him to brad Crouch. T

Everyone kept saying how injury prone Brad Crouch was, but if you looked the only serious injury was the foot. He picked up other injuries but they were not relating to the foot.

Brad has now played 20 of the last 21 games and the game missed was a fractured cheek bone which is has got nothing to do with being injury prone.

The difference is Crouch is like a foot shorter and probably 40kg less but anyway.

This might be a big call im not sure but im no more worried about injury risk with Joel Embiid then i am Athony Davis.

jvalles69

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 11, 2017, 06:07:25 PM
Quote from: valkorum on October 11, 2017, 05:53:31 PM
Apparently there is an injury clause in his contract.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/247667/76ers-Have-Limited-Protections-In-Contract-With-Joel-Embiid

Across each of the final four seasons of the extension, ending with the 2022-23 season, the 76ers could waive Embiid for a financial benefit if he's lost because of a contractually agreed upon injury that causes him to miss 25 or more regular-season games and if he plays less than 1,650 minutes.

It's supposed to be the most complex extension in league history. There is not a single player in the league with his skill set. They've managed to find a way to sign him and protect themselves. It's a win/win in the end.

That makes a pretty big difference then, make your star player happy.  I for one hope he succeeds and has a long healthy career because he is awesome to watch.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Holz on October 11, 2017, 06:08:42 PM
The injury worry with Embiid is supposed to be the foot. The same foot that gave him 0 issues last season and has been healthy for months. Oden had microfracture surgery on his knee. It's apples and oranges. Forget their performances when both were on the court.

Embiid is also probable for the next pre-season game. The rumor was his management refused to clear him until he received a new contract extension. The fact he might play in preseason lines up with that.

Everyone kept saying how injury prone Brad Crouch was, but if you looked the only serious injury was the foot. He picked up other injuries but they were not relating to the foot.

Brad has now played 20 of the last 21 games and the game missed was a fractured cheek bone which is has got nothing to do with being injury prone.

The difference is Crouch is like a foot shorter and probably 40kg less but anyway.

This might be a big call im not sure but im no more worried about injury risk with Joel Embiid then i am Athony Davis.

Bad feet equal bad everything else

LaHug

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 11, 2017, 06:00:09 PM
Reckon we're due to move to a 2017/2018 season thread given we're a week away from season start?

Yes

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,110397.0.html

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 11, 2017, 07:05:08 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 11, 2017, 06:08:42 PM

Bad feet equal bad everything else

well yes as it was a navicular fracture in Embiid case which is much worse.

I dont think you can say the meniscus tear in his knee was due to his foot though.

If he gets an injury in his foot then i would be really worried.