7: Markkanen (T-Wolves --> Bulls)
8: Ntilikina (Knicks)
9: Smith Jr (Mavericks)
10: Collins (Kings --> Blazers)

LaHug

Quote from: valkorum on June 23, 2017, 11:46:36 AM
Monk at 11 to the Hornets

Steal of the draft?

I think Phoenix and Sac did very well thanks to Celtics pick but this is huge at 11.

valkorum

Not sure if Monk at 11 is the steal of the draft... still very nice

valkorum

11 - 15

11: Monk (Hornets)
12: Kennard (Pistons)
13: Mitchells (Nuggets)
14: Adebayo (Heat)
15: Jackson (Kings)

fanTCfool

Jimmy Butler to Minnesota! I feel suddenly more interested in my chosen team  ;D

R.Griffen

Quote from: fanTCfool on June 23, 2017, 07:20:06 PM
Jimmy Butler to Minnesota! I feel suddenly more interested in my chosen team  ;D
also loved who you drafted being a Creighton fan

Jay

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 23, 2017, 10:57:56 AM
Boston
Because we passed up Jackson? Lol. He's probably the most overrated prospect in the draft, can't create his own offense, below average wingspan, horrible jumpshot. I would've preferred Isaac or Smith at #3, and obviously would've preferred to keep #1 and take Fultz, but at least there's a path for Tatum to be an all-star. Think we flowered up though, the talent difference betwen Fultz and Tatum >>> the Lakers/SAC pick.

Also I need to rant on the Butler trade.. Wtf was that!? I would've given that trade an F for Chicago if it was just Butler for #7, Dunn and Lavine.. Then saw that Chicago have to add in pick 16 as well!? That's an F- to me. They've been floating around Butler trade rumours for 12 months now, and this is the best they could come up with?
Kris Dunn is 23 years old, he's not your typical rookie, yet he still finished 399th out of 468 players in RPM last season, and had a PER of 8.1. He sucks.
Lavine is a talented player yes, but is so reliant on his athleticism and he's coming off an ACL.
Pick 7 they inexplicably took Markkanen with Dennis Smith still on the board even though they need a point guard.
This makes me mad as a Celtics fan but it comes down to 2 options:
a) Did Boston refuse to beat this Minnesota offer? If so, they're bigger idiots than what I thought. I haven't been all in on trading youth for wins because of how good the Warriors are, but if a superstar like Butler is on the table for such a low price you have to do that.
Or b) Chicaago are so stupid that Boston offered a good package for Butler but they turned it down in favour of the garbage that Minnesota offered. Remember last year how much Chicago wanted Dunn, I bet their front office still values him that highly despite being one of the worst players in the league last year. Everyone talks about how New York and SAC have the most dysfunctional front office, but I think Chicago is now the worst. They haven't made a good move since the Rose trade.

Frustrating night. But shoutout to the Kings, Magic, Mavs, Hornets and Lakers who I thought did really well tonight.

R.Griffen

Quote from: Jay on June 23, 2017, 11:35:21 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on June 23, 2017, 10:57:56 AM
Boston
Because we passed up Jackson? Lol. He's probably the most overrated prospect in the draft, can't create his own offense, below average wingspan, horrible jumpshot. I would've preferred Isaac or Smith at #3, and obviously would've preferred to keep #1 and take Fultz, but at least there's a path for Tatum to be an all-star. Think we flowered up though, the talent difference betwen Fultz and Tatum >>> the Lakers/SAC pick.
I wouldn't say overrated but I personally had Tatum has a better player atm, maybe not the potential. However without having Butler or PG locked in going to Celtics I think it was stupid trading away Fultz despite me personally not rating him that in front of Tatum. Just really strange dealing on a pick 1 and no short term benefit

Mat0369

Also I need to rant on the Butler trade.. Wtf was that!? I would've given that trade an F for Chicago if it was just Butler for #7, Dunn and Lavine.. Then saw that Chicago have to add in pick 16 as well!? That's an F- to me. They've been floating around Butler trade rumours for 12 months now, and this is the best they could come up with?
Kris Dunn is 23 years old, he's not your typical rookie, yet he still finished 399th out of 468 players in RPM last season, and had a PER of 8.1. He sucks.
Lavine is a talented player yes, but is so reliant on his athleticism and he's coming off an ACL.
Pick 7 they inexplicably took Markkanen with Dennis Smith still on the board even though they need a point guard.
a) Did Boston refuse to beat this Minnesota offer? If so, they're bigger idiots than what I thought. I haven't been all in on trading youth for wins because of how good the Warriors are, but if a superstar like Butler is on the table for such a low price you have to do that.
Or b) Chicaago are so stupid that Boston offered a good package for Butler but they turned it down in favour of the garbage that Minnesota offered. Remember last year how much Chicago wanted Dunn, I bet their front office still values him that highly despite being one of the worst players in the league last year. Everyone talks about how New York and SAC have the most dysfunctional front office, but I think Chicago is now the worst. They haven't made a good move since the Rose trade.

Frustrating night. But shoutout to the Kings, Magic, Mavs, Hornets and Lakers who I thought did really well tonight.

It wasn't just Tatum over Jackson, it's the whole scenario. 'Oh we would have taken Tatum at 1'. That is the biggest load of BS I've heard. Had Jackson worked out for the Celtics they 100% would have taken him at 3. And not only did they get stuck with Tatum, they got beat to the punch on a Butler trade by the Bulls and they can't get their 1 year rental in George because they now have a stalemate. If it wasn't for Brooklyn being completely idiotic Ainge looks like a fool every off-season. He still hasn't landed his big fish and traded away his best asset in Fultz for Tatum.

How bout Brian Colangelo. Made a good move to grab Fultz, made an absolutely horrendous one in the Noel trade. That Noel fake first ended up becoming a fake 2nd. They sold the pick for cash (and were already at the limit for money that could be earn through trades!). Thankfully Hinkie has left him in an idiot proof situation. As long as he can keep this core together they're going to be legit in a couple of seasons.

Jay

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 24, 2017, 01:05:39 AM

It wasn't just Tatum over Jackson, it's the whole scenario. 'Oh we would have taken Tatum at 1'. That is the biggest load of BS I've heard. Had Jackson worked out for the Celtics they 100% would have taken him at 3. And not only did they get stuck with Tatum, they got beat to the punch on a Butler trade by the Bulls and they can't get their 1 year rental in George because they now have a stalemate. If it wasn't for Brooklyn being completely idiotic Ainge looks like a fool every off-season. He still hasn't landed his big fish and traded away his best asset in Fultz for Tatum.
Disagree that we would've taken Jackson over Tatum. Ainge said that he was disappointed, but it didn't discount Jackson from being picked. Not sure where you get this Jackson love from, most mocks had us going Tatum and a lot of the statistical models have Tatum over Jackson. As I said, we probably did beat the T-Wolves offer but Chicago just way overrate Dunn. And why would we give up a good asset for George when he'll probably leave and we'd still lose to CLE. Go back and look at every move Ainge has made, even since the BKN trade, he literally never loses.
Rondo for Crowder + a first + two second round picks
CLE first round pick for Isaiah Thomas
Got a first round pick for Jeff Green
The Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder contracts were absolute steals
Drafted Jaylen at #3 who probably goes #3 in a re-draft behind Simmons and Murray - that's a good pick.
Signed Al Horford

That's just a snapshot of what he's done since the BKN trade, which by the way, was getting 3 unprotected first round picks + swap rights in 2017 for 36yo Paul Pierce and 37yo Garnett. And before that, he built a championship team by drafting well and accumulating assets until he could flip them for all-stars. Yeah the trade with Philly looks eh for us but let's see how it pans out, there's a scenario where Fultz isn't as good as people think and we end up with a top 3 pick next year + Tatum. Even though I'm not a 100% trust in Ainge guy, just looking at his track record, he's in the conversation for one of the better GMs of all time so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Toga

Milwaukee's Malcolm Brogdon wins ROTY

Mat0369

What bullcrap is that? #NotMyRookieOfTheYear

Holz

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 27, 2017, 01:00:27 PM
What bullcrap is that? #NotMyRookieOfTheYear

Its ok

Simmons Fultz next year.

could get 1 and 2

Toga

RUSSELL WESTBROOK MVP 8)

Holz

Quote from: Toga on June 27, 2017, 02:28:16 PM
RUSSELL WESTBROOK MVP 8)

meh

32 11 10 on 43% shooting on a losing team gets you the MVP

34 12 10 on 56% shooting on a losing team gets you nothing but criticism.

if thats how the awards get handed out what value do they have.