NBA Season 2016/17

Started by Jay, October 03, 2016, 10:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 26, 2017, 01:56:41 AM
Mills, Mills, Mills, Mills. It's happening guys! It's happening!

I'm out of the loop. For real?

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on May 26, 2017, 09:24:55 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on May 26, 2017, 01:56:41 AM
Mills, Mills, Mills, Mills. It's happening guys! It's happening!

I'm out of the loop. For real?

why not just put Simmons at point?

why would you put a 6 foot guy at point guard.

Lebron, Gianais are playing point forward so should put simmons up to compete. He wont move for bench money so not sure why Philly would do this.

In saying that Hinkie isnt in charge so the organisation might ruin the team.

its simple just draft Jackson, Jay he is the best avilable and they can use his postion.

Simmons
Jackson
RoCo
Sairc
Process

now thats a starting 5.

the only other pick i see Jay is Tatum which isnt bad at all.

Mat0369

There was a tweet saying that the 6'ers are after him.

http://973espn.com/sixers-expected-to-pursue-patty-mills-in-free-agency/

Basically the reason you get him is not to run the point, but to give you an off the ball shooter that fits the system perfectly. Brown is from the Pop coaching tree, he wants to run the Spurs offense with guys that will make the extra pass. This makes a lot more sense compared to signing Lowry. The thing to consider is that they have Bayless who is a lesser version of Mills already. It also hurts T.J who was excellent last year as a starter. What Mills has over TJ is that 3 point shot.

And 100% on Jackson. He has the highest ceiling of those guys as the best 2 way player in the draft. At worst you get a Brickadala, at best you get Leonard. The other option is a ball dominant PG in Fox (Simmons is the PG) and a guy that can shoot and do nothing else in Monk. You aren't wasting pick 3 on Monk. Don't get cute and take the BPA.

Toga

Quote from: R.Griffen on May 26, 2017, 12:21:23 AM
Quote from: Toga on May 25, 2017, 06:11:14 PM
Yeah I don't really understand the argument... If they aren't getting paid in college then what's the big motivation for them to stay for an extra year? Makes sense for them to jump into the big league and start earning.
It's mainly just the system. More than 60 players excluding seniors are in the draft for a chance to get drafted. If a player doesn't get drafted they play D-League. Obviously if they can get paid, get paid. My main one is for players who rush out, ones who leave right away as a late first round or second round pick. While they can easily dominate college being the number 1 player on their team and pushing up the draft order Buddy Hield did it perfectly made up for not getting paid early by signing a huge contract a year later after dominating

Just frustrating seeing a player with a year or 2 left at college who would be a top player play 5 minutes off the bench and do stuff all

I see your point I guess... Playing college for another year could help them bump up their draft stock for the following year. Since this discussion Kentucky's Hamidou Diallo has decided to return for a sophomore season next year based on this!

But still I can see why most guys are looking to make the jump as soon as possible, it's all about the $$.

Toga

Quote from: Jay on May 26, 2017, 02:00:38 AM
Jackson? Think you could do much better at that pick!

The 76ers pick will be sooo interesting come draft night. Seems like the first two are just about locks already so this is where things start happening.

Out of interest who do you see as the best pick at #3, Jay? Seems to be the general consensus that Jackson is the 2nd or 3rd best prospect in the draft.

Holz

Quote from: Toga on May 26, 2017, 11:51:35 AM

The 76ers pick will be sooo interesting come draft night. Seems like the first two are just about locks already so this is where things start happening.

Out of interest who do you see as the best pick at #3, Jay? Seems to be the general consensus that Jackson is the 2nd or 3rd best prospect in the draft.

Ball going pick 1 is certainly possible.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Holz on May 26, 2017, 12:11:10 PM

Doubtful when he refuses to work out anywhere other then LA

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on May 26, 2017, 12:53:07 PM
Quote from: Holz on May 26, 2017, 12:11:10 PM

Doubtful when he refuses to work out anywhere other then LA

players used to get picked up without working out. if they think he is the right fit then no reason they dont take him. If they are moving on IT then Ball is the better pick if they arent then just pick up fultz and play him at 2.

Mat0369

Ball has said he will work out for Philly. I think that's just in case the Lakers pass on him.

valkorum

My preferred order
1: Fultz
2: Ball
3: Jackson
4: Tatum
5: Fox

2nd possible order
1: Fultz
2: Ball
3: Fox
4: Jackson
5: Tatum (but we could go Smith here instead)

Jay

I haven't watched a heap yet, but if you're looking for a wing I'd take Isaac over Jackson pretty easily.

Mat0369

Isaac has pretty bad asthma apparently and they don't think he can build a tank to become a top line player.

plumdog millionaire

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 26, 2017, 08:36:54 PM
Isaac has pretty bad asthma apparently and they don't think he can build a tank to become a top line player.
Dubious... Rodman had asthma. With good management and NBA level trainers that should only be an issue problem in high altitude places like Denver and Utah

Toga

Quote from: Jay on May 26, 2017, 08:29:02 PM
I haven't watched a heap yet, but if you're looking for a wing I'd take Isaac over Jackson pretty easily.

Interesting, have heard a lot about Isaac being one of the more underrated prospects and one with a lot more potential as he develops. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next month :)

Holz

So what are peoples tips for the finals.

Im going Warriors in 6 but im worried it might be 5.

If Cavs somehow win with no Warriors injuries and lebron is clearly the best player in the finals like he has been the last 2 years then im reading to call him the greatest of all time.