NBA Season 2016/17

Started by Jay, October 03, 2016, 10:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Holz

Quote from: valkorum on April 12, 2017, 12:08:29 PM
@holz

Take defence out of the equation - because we all know that means nothing when it comes to the MVP

if you take defense out of the equation then i give the award to Harden with Westbrook the runerup.

valkorum

Quote from: Holz on April 12, 2017, 01:57:51 PM
@holz

Take defence out of the equation - because we all know that means nothing when it comes to the MVP

if you take defense out of the equation then i give the award to Harden with Westbrook the runerup.

I think Westbrook wins it because of the triple double storyline, not because he is the better player.  I think Harden has been more valuable a player than Westbrook (and that hurts me to say it cos I am not a fan of Harden).

Holz

Quote from: valkorum on April 12, 2017, 04:12:59 PM
Quote from: Holz on April 12, 2017, 01:57:51 PM
@holz

I think Westbrook wins it because of the triple double storyline, not because he is the better player.  I think Harden has been more valuable a player than Westbrook (and that hurts me to say it cos I am not a fan of Harden).

Westbrook will win guranteed,

the Triple double will get him the win. I dont like harden either but I have him over Westbrook.

dont care much about the MVP anymore.

We all know who the best player is and its not whoever wins the MVP

jvalles69

What are you guys all smoking?  Westbrook wins MVP hands down, he's had a season that prob won't ever be repeated (maybe only by him next season).  Give it to him last week already!

Holz

just thought id look at Buddy Hield again.

not spectacular numbers but actually pretty decent for 28.8 minutes

15.1 points on 48% FG with 42.5% 3 pointers.

4.1 boards, 1.7 assists

showing something for a first year player.

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 12, 2017, 05:21:58 PM
What are you guys all smoking?  Westbrook wins MVP hands down, he's had a season that prob won't ever be repeated (maybe only by him next season).  Give it to him last week already!

Agree it probably wont be repeated (triple double) but thats not because others cant do it, its because they shouldn't do it.

valkorum

Quote from: Holz on April 12, 2017, 05:25:01 PM

4.1 boards, 1.7 assists

Are those numbers for the whole year?

I wouldnt mind seeing just the numbers since he was traded to Sacramento.

Holz

Quote from: valkorum on April 12, 2017, 05:35:40 PM
Quote from: Holz on April 12, 2017, 05:25:01 PM

4.1 boards, 1.7 assists

Are those numbers for the whole year?

I wouldnt mind seeing just the numbers since he was traded to Sacramento.

sorry thats his numbers at the Kings.

jvalles69

Quote from: Holz on April 12, 2017, 05:26:41 PM

Agree it probably wont be repeated (triple double) but thats not because others cant do it, its because they shouldn't do it.

Funny though that Harden loses to Curry due to having a lesser team record, and now he's going to lose to Westbrook and he has the better record!  Harden can't win.  :-\

Also does anyone here listen to Bill Simmons podcast?  I don't regularly, but I listened to one with KD from about 3 months ago and was bloody brilliant listening to them.  KD is such a straight shooter and ice cold in his opinions too.  Looking forward to listening to one with KD from a few weeks back on the drive home from work.

plumdog millionaire

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 12, 2017, 05:51:41 PM
Quote from: Holz on April 12, 2017, 05:26:41 PM

Funny though that Harden loses to Curry due to having a lesser team record, and now he's going to lose to Westbrook and he has the better record!  Harden can't win.  :-\

Also does anyone here listen to Bill Simmons podcast?  I don't regularly, but I listened to one with KD from about 3 months ago and was bloody brilliant listening to them.  KD is such a straight shooter and ice cold in his opinions too.  Looking forward to listening to one with KD from a few weeks back on the drive home from work.
James Worthy is a coward

plumdog millionaire

Celtics for the first seed boy!

Jay

Jay

Think I've decided on Kawhi...

- He's a better player than Westbrook and Harden
- His team won 61 games
- Top 5 offensive player
- Top 3 defensive player

I think that's a stronger case than what I could make for Westbrook but it's close.

Jay

1. Leonard
2. Westbrook
3. Curry
4. Thomas
5. Harden

Man, that was difficult but I'm pretty happy with my top five.