NBA Season 2016/17

Started by Jay, October 03, 2016, 10:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

Wow Westbrook
OKC just dont know how to win close games the last week or so

killerbees

When he scores heavy they seem to lose, especially in the last 2 weeks.

That said epic to watch him wrecking ball it.

LaHug

He's not going to average a triple double either because teams have worked it out. If Westbrook scores 50+ and the rest of the team scores around 30ish, you win easy. If Westbrook scores 30 and racks up 14 assists too, you lose. So now they'll just give him single coverage and force him to beat you. He'll lift his scoring average but miss the triple double. Kinda annoyed about that - I want to witness history!

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on March 09, 2017, 09:50:37 AM
I want to witness history!

you are witnessing history.

Lebron going for 7th straight finals the only other guy to go over 4 in 50 years is James Jones who played on Lebron's team.

much more impressive then recording a triple double.

Harden more impressive with 29 8 11 on better shooting then Russ 30 10 10

Lebron far far better with 26 8 9 on by far the best shooting.

jvalles69

Quote from: Holz on March 09, 2017, 11:00:28 AM

Lebron going for 7th straight finals the only other guy to go over 4 in 50 years is James Jones who played on Lebron's team.

And Kawhi's coasting, sooooooooo underrated and deserves discussion in MVP talks.

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on March 09, 2017, 12:19:06 PM
Quote from: Holz on March 09, 2017, 11:00:28 AM

And Kawhi's coasting, sooooooooo underrated and deserves discussion in MVP talks.

The real MVP conversation is Kawhi v Lebron.

I actually consider it a compliment that we dont mention him as I put little value on the MVP. It will go to Westbrook or Harden two guys that I dont even have in my top 3 (Lebron Kawhi Durrant)

Dont think Kawhi, Durrant or lebron are too fussed, 2 out 3 will play off in the finals and the "MVP" can sit at home on his couch watching the best players in the NBA go at it.

RiOtChEsS

It's so hot to gush over Kawhi right now :-X

Mat0369

26.3 PPG, 6.0 RPG, 3.4 APG

Those are the numbers Kawhi Leonard is averaging right now

25.1 PPG, 8.2 RPG, 7.8 APG

Those are the numbers Russell Westbrook would finish with if he didn't notch a single point, rebound, or assist in his remaining 18 games. 

jvalles69

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 09, 2017, 04:51:08 PM

Those are the numbers Russell Westbrook would finish with if he didn't notch a single point, rebound, or assist in his remaining 18 games.

And there in lies the debate...

Personally I think what Westbrook has done is incredible and no doubt in my mind that he's edging in the lead over Harden for MVP...but then you can go to "who's most important to their team", and I still think Westbrook takes that too, Kawhi and Aldridge both sat out today and Spurs came back from a 20 pt deficit (albeit against the Kings).  So many sides to the argument and no-one will ever agree.  I'd be satisfied if anyone of Westbrook, Harden, Kawhi were to win... to be honest if it was Lebron or AD then I prob wouldn't argue against it either.

Kawhi does what he needs to to make his team win and nothing more, Westbrook does "everything", because thats the only way he thinks they can win (but don't)...big difference and I know who I'd take to build my team around, AND I'm a massive Westbrook fan.  Even Harden has figured out how to balance it with his teammates (who are considerably better than Westbrooks teammates).

killerbees

If the true test of MVP is take the player off the team and see the results; Kawhi sits third, Lebron is overlooked too much too this year in MVP talk

Just looked at the AD shooting percentages - the ringer grading trades article - he is horrible with Boogie

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on March 09, 2017, 05:10:52 PM

Personally I think what Westbrook has done is incredible and no doubt in my mind that he's edging in the lead over Harden for MVP...but then you can go to "who's most important to their team", and I still think Westbrook takes that too, Kawhi and Aldridge both sat out today and Spurs came back from a 20 pt deficit (albeit against the Kings).  So many sides to the argument and no-one will ever agree.  I'd be satisfied if anyone of Westbrook, Harden, Kawhi were to win... to be honest if it was Lebron or AD then I prob wouldn't argue against it either.

Kawhi does what he needs to to make his team win and nothing more, Westbrook does "everything", because thats the only way he thinks they can win (but don't)...big difference and I know who I'd take to build my team around, AND I'm a massive Westbrook fan.  Even Harden has figured out how to balance it with his teammates (who are considerably better than Westbrooks teammates).

also another point is they are all offensive stats. Leonard does alot on the defensive side of the ball which is not looked at.

but the biggest thing is how efficiently they are putting up those numbers.

Leonard 49% 39% and 90%
Westbrook 42% 34% and 84%

thats a huge discrepancy

and then we have Russ committing 5.5 turnovers to Leoanards 2 which has to count against his assist discrepancy.

end of the day all playing for second place anyway. 26 points on 54% FG  with 40% 3pt with 8 rebound and 9 assists is by far the best stat line.

jvalles69

I just laid $20 on Kawhi @ $8, they're only 1.5 games behind GSW now.  Already cashed out for profit on Harden and have Westbrook covered.

killerbees

Quote from: Holz on March 09, 2017, 05:19:39 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on March 09, 2017, 05:10:52 PM

also another point is they are all offensive stats. Leonard does alot on the defensive side of the ball which is not looked at.

but the biggest thing is how efficiently they are putting up those numbers.

Leonard 49% 39% and 90%
Westbrook 42% 34% and 84%

thats a huge discrepancy

and then we have Russ committing 5.5 turnovers to Leoanards 2 which has to count against his assist discrepancy.

end of the day all playing for second place anyway. 26 points on 54% FG  with 40% 3pt with 8 rebound and 9 assists is by far the best stat line.

I enjoy that Harden has already broken the single season turnover record - his own - with 17 games left

plumdog millionaire

Guys a reminder that individual turnovers are only relevant when the team has a high amount of turnovers. If someone is handling the ball a tonne then obviously he will have a higher share of the team's turnovers.

jvalles69

Quote from: plumdog millionaire on March 09, 2017, 06:38:48 PM
Guys a reminder that individual turnovers are only relevant when the team has a high amount of turnovers. If someone is handling the ball a tonne then obviously he will have a higher share of the team's turnovers.

Explain CP3 then.  :P