NBL 2018/2019 season thread continuation

Started by jvalles69, October 03, 2016, 02:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 05, 2016, 08:35:10 PM
1st game tomorrow night if you want to get a dream team done in time!
A few spots left in this one guys 519333

valkorum

Wildcats v Bullets tonight.  Here we go!

jvalles69

Quote from: valkorum on October 06, 2016, 11:17:19 AM
Wildcats v Bullets tonight.  Here we go!

Beal and Jervis suiting up against their old club, could start of a modern day rivalry which has been missing from the NBL aexcept for maybe Perth and Adelaide and Perth and NZ. Everyone hates Perth, lol!

Is Fox still showing all games this season like last?

valkorum

Perth and Adelaiade back in the 90's was huge.  Lately its been Perth v NZ (in Grand Finals)

jvalles69

Perth (Grace, Vlahov, Crawford, Fisher) had a fairly solid rivalry with Melbourne Tiges (Gaze, Copeland, Bradtke, Simmons) too, but yeah that Adeladie one has carried on.

Good to see Brisbane back in, but Crocs gone now I see.  We need some of the old school teams back, Geelong Supercats, Canberra Cannons, North Melbourne Giants, West Sydney Razorbacks, Melbourne Dragons...Melbourne Tigers for god sake, none of this United crap!  Seems like the NBL will push to move into Asia again, think there was the Singapore Slingers not long ago, maybe one other?

Fox Sports 3 is showing tonights game live at 4.30pm WA time.

jvalles69

Hmmm...a few facebook basketball news pages are already reporting Nate Robinson signing with the Kings for 1 year!  Would be massive for the NBL, although Childress didn't work out too well for them.

R.Griffen

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 06, 2016, 01:47:13 PM
Hmmm...a few facebook basketball news pages are already reporting Nate Robinson signing with the Kings for 1 year!  Would be massive for the NBL, although Childress didn't work out too well for them.
Childress worked when he played. Just didn't play much haha

jvalles69

Quote from: R.Griffen on October 06, 2016, 02:44:50 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on October 06, 2016, 01:47:13 PM
Childress worked when he played. Just didn't play much haha

Thats true, it put bums in seats and along with James Ennis got people excited about the NBL again.  Problem for Sydney is they are trying to get big name players to to sell tickets before getting players that can help them win the title, Perth and NZ have done that very well over the years.

R.Griffen

Very excited to watch Travis Trice

jvalles69

Well I'm a bit worried now after last nights game.  Beal killed us, and unless Prather picks his game up we don't really have a finisher any more since losing Beal.  :-\

Jameel McKay was an absolute beast, had some killer low post moves and was just super efficient.

Jaron Johnson was another story, has this guy seen a basketball before in his life?!?

Brisbane got it together in the 2nd half, and they did all this without Bairstow in the lineup!  Also, how Petrie can get a new contract each year is beyond me, the guy is terrible and has been for several years!

elephants

Geez missed the game last night but the result was a worry, will try catch the game on Sunday but we're usually unbeatable at the Arena :/

jvalles69

Quote from: elephants on October 07, 2016, 12:31:59 PM
Geez missed the game last night but the result was a worry, will try catch the game on Sunday but we're usually unbeatable at the Arena :/

Yeah it was disappointing after being up by 13pts!  I'll be at the game, and it's Sat not Sun, tip off 6.30pm local time.

elephants

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 07, 2016, 12:50:13 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 07, 2016, 12:31:59 PM

Yeah it was disappointing after being up by 13pts!  I'll be at the game, and it's Sat not Sun, tip off 6.30pm local time.

shower! Clashes with the Glory game. Who organises these things :P

valkorum

Typical Dollar Beal game.  Does nothing in the 1st half and then goes crazy in the 2nd half (in this game - just the 3rd quarter).

jvalles69

Cats redeemed their season opening loss last night.  First 3 qtrs were arguably the mot boring basketball I have ever seen in my life, but the final 2mins made up for the rest of the game, boy oh boy!  If you didn't get to see the game make sure you watch it from the 4th qtr for an unbelievable finish.  Apart from a super exciting end, Cats aren't looking too great this season, if they want to continue their finals record streak to continue, they need to figure something out.  Wagstaff can't be shooting 1/10 from the 3pt range, thats just ridiculous giving him that sort of freedom.  The big talk was Prather being a big improver but has yet to show it, confidence is there, but he hasn't been able to take over games yet like he should.  Jameel McKay is super efficient and just a workhorse.  Jaron Johnson is an enigma, 1min he's breaking his own ankles trying to cross the opponent over and turning the ball over, next minute he's sinking several 3's in a row, back to spin moving himself out of control till he turns the ball over again?!!?  :o

Across the rest of the league, Brisbane after 8 years out of the comp, win their first 2, Illawara have completely overhauled their team and I'm picking them as the favourites for the flag after seeing 1 game, Marvelle Harris is going to be very good and Rotnei Clarke is a past NBL MVP, Cairns to most likely get the wooden spoon, their team has reduced in talent from last year and the imports aren't great.