NBL 2018/2019 season thread continuation

Started by jvalles69, October 03, 2016, 02:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Thought I'd start a new thread considering the season starts this week! Will be back on the Cats to go back to back, but it's going to be tough with some solid competition and an increase in 3 imports per team.  I have no doubt the entertainment at the Perth Arena is going to be at its highest this year with 3 high flying Americans in the team, and hopefully they can all gel quickly enough to vie for finals again.

If anyone is keen to join Real DT NBL here is the league code: 281712

valkorum

jvalles69

Quote from: valkorum on October 03, 2016, 03:11:56 PM
Let's go WILDCATS!!!

Perth Wildcats, "bringing Dockers and Eagles supporters together"!  ;D

PowerBug

Do either of you guys know where I can find a match centre for every game that was played last season? Like say I want to look at the specific match stats from a particular game, where can I find that? (I've been looking and been unable to find anything!!)

jvalles69

Quote from: PowerBug on October 03, 2016, 07:05:58 PM
Do either of you guys know where I can find a match centre for every game that was played last season? Like say I want to look at the specific match stats from a particular game, where can I find that? (I've been looking and been unable to find anything!!)

It's actually pretty ridiculous to find much stuff on NBL, I was researching my DT today and couldn't find a whole lot.  I know theres a stats section on the nbl.com.au website, but not sure if it covers last season...it also is the poorest design for a website and just seems to shower itself on different systems. Good luck!

valkorum

It should be easier this year.  They are re-releasing NBL TV.  It supposed to be only $5 or $10 a month (I can't remember which amount).

It will give you access to all games this season and its supposed to give you access to history games as far back as 1979

I will try and find the article

Edit: It's only $5 per month and here is the article

http://www.nbl.com.au/featured-news/33058/

PowerBug

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 03, 2016, 09:54:25 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on October 03, 2016, 07:05:58 PM

It's actually pretty ridiculous to find much stuff on NBL, I was researching my DT today and couldn't find a whole lot.  I know theres a stats section on the nbl.com.au website, but not sure if it covers last season...it also is the poorest design for a website and just seems to shower itself on different systems. Good luck!
Yeah it does have that player stats section, which gives a little bit I guess. The games have to accessible somewhere because last week from the app I was able to view them all, but once Saturday came around I couldn't go into last season >:(

GM

Any must have or good smokies you can suggest Fantasy wise. Haven't  played it before so would love some intel.

jvalles69

Quote from: GM on October 03, 2016, 11:07:23 PM
Any must have or good smokies you can suggest Fantasy wise. Haven't  played it before so would love some intel.

A guy on DT Talk puts an article out once a week, can be fairly cookie cutter teams.  Base it on his articles and go through the stats for the 4 Blitz rounds is what I did to make my team.  First article here.

http://dreamteamtalk.com/2016/10/03/nbl-dream-team-season-1617-preseason/

GM

jvalles69

Quote from: GM on October 04, 2016, 02:44:14 AM
Thanks Jv.

No probs, basically this is the only help that comes out during the year for NBL DT, so apart from watching games you're pretty in the dark, especially if someone gets injured, you don't normally know about it until its too late!

jvalles69

Wow, apparently Sydney Kings are speaking with Nate Robinson making his NBL debut!  :o

jvalles69

1st game tomorrow night if you want to get a dream team done in time!

Jay

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 05, 2016, 05:48:43 PM
Wow, apparently Sydney Kings are speaking with Nate Robinson making his NBL debut!  :o
That would be pretty awesome!!