Main Menu

2017 Season

Started by _wato, September 05, 2016, 04:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samsturmfels

Our backline is going to be flowered if we dont get some more quality defenders in. Marsh, brown, frost are all going. We need get more experience and leadership into it. Someone like Eric Macenzie would be ideal

Cambo

Doesnt look like anyone from WA wants Marsh  ;D so he will probably stay. We are also getting Keeffe back which will help.

ossie85

Quote from: Cambo on October 17, 2016, 12:31:02 AM
Doesnt look like anyone from WA wants Marsh  ;D so he will probably stay. We are also getting Keeffe back which will help.

Marsh is a relief now...

Doesn't Nathan's twin brother want back to Victoria? And didn't we just sign Mitch Brown's wife to our netball team?

... also, what's Presti doing these days? And Fletcher's suspension is up

Samsturmfels

Quote from: ossie85 on October 17, 2016, 09:51:38 AM
Quote from: Cambo on October 17, 2016, 12:31:02 AM

Marsh is a relief now...

Doesn't Nathan's twin brother want back to Victoria? And didn't we just sign Mitch Brown's wife to our netball team?

... also, what's Presti doing these days? And Fletcher's suspension is up
Presti plays open age basketball in my league..

ossie85

Have a quiet word with him sam

kilbluff1985

Quote from: shaker on September 23, 2016, 04:57:29 PM
Quote from: Spite on September 23, 2016, 02:59:10 PM
Quote from: shaker on September 23, 2016, 12:49:38 PM
Quote from: Spite on September 22, 2016, 07:00:22 PM
Quote from: _wato on September 18, 2016, 06:41:37 PM
I was at first on the stance that getting Wells was stupid.

Starting to think now that it is a good call. Brings experience, brings leg speed, brings an X factor, brings a linking player between half back and half forward and is someone we are considerably lacking in our team. Yes it could be termed a short term fix but I honestly think we can get him for chips and it'll be worth it in the long run.

Been through the same thought process as you too Wato. Everyone knows Wells is a good player and could win us an extra game or two next season. Sure, he isn't young but if he gets the job done, raises the teams confidence a little, even though it is a short term thing, I still think it's a win

600K a year for 3 years they would have to be the most expensive chips ever , bad trade you really need a good key position back which Wells is not I thought the Tiges were the only ones that made bad trades like this one  :P

It's not a trade mate, we get him for nothing. Since we can front end most of his contract this season, he's practically free for the next two years which will allow us some extra cap space wriggle room to chase those key defenders.

My bad deal not trade all the talk is you are getting him for his polish off half back NDS would do the same job for roughly half the price , you could get him on a one year deal and he is less injury prone ?

has NDS even said he wants to play next year?

GoLions

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 19, 2016, 02:41:17 PM
Quote from: shaker on September 23, 2016, 04:57:29 PM
Quote from: Spite on September 23, 2016, 02:59:10 PM
Quote from: shaker on September 23, 2016, 12:49:38 PM
Quote from: Spite on September 22, 2016, 07:00:22 PM
Quote from: _wato on September 18, 2016, 06:41:37 PM
I was at first on the stance that getting Wells was stupid.

Starting to think now that it is a good call. Brings experience, brings leg speed, brings an X factor, brings a linking player between half back and half forward and is someone we are considerably lacking in our team. Yes it could be termed a short term fix but I honestly think we can get him for chips and it'll be worth it in the long run.

Been through the same thought process as you too Wato. Everyone knows Wells is a good player and could win us an extra game or two next season. Sure, he isn't young but if he gets the job done, raises the teams confidence a little, even though it is a short term thing, I still think it's a win

600K a year for 3 years they would have to be the most expensive chips ever , bad trade you really need a good key position back which Wells is not I thought the Tiges were the only ones that made bad trades like this one  :P

It's not a trade mate, we get him for nothing. Since we can front end most of his contract this season, he's practically free for the next two years which will allow us some extra cap space wriggle room to chase those key defenders.

My bad deal not trade all the talk is you are getting him for his polish off half back NDS would do the same job for roughly half the price , you could get him on a one year deal and he is less injury prone ?

has NDS even said he wants to play next year?
Looking like he's going to retire :-\

enzedder

Just saw a tweet somewhere on twitter and there was a piece on Keeffe who is 26 and hasn't played at all for 2 years ... must've been a naughty one... vaguely recall his name...and mentions he is pushing to be ready by R1.
Can't be bothered doing any research so jumped on here to get some knowledge if there's any givers as I'm happy to be a taker.
Also what position and price in SC? Is he a possibility for a rookie spot?
TIA

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: enzedder on December 21, 2016, 02:21:32 PM
Just saw a tweet somewhere on twitter and there was a piece on Keeffe who is 26 and hasn't played at all for 2 years ... must've been a naughty one... vaguely recall his name...and mentions he is pushing to be ready by R1.
Can't be bothered doing any research so jumped on here to get some knowledge if there's any givers as I'm happy to be a taker.
TIA

160K ish defender

Absolutele lock for me. Can possibly start on field early on than sit at D8 all year

Ringo

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 21, 2016, 02:28:15 PM
Quote from: enzedder on December 21, 2016, 02:21:32 PM
TIA

160K ish defender

Absolutele lock for me. Can possibly start on field early on than sit at D8 all year
Keefe and Josh Thomas were suspended for 2 years for drug use.  Pies kept on Rookie list and elevated both this year as ban concludes. At $160k Keefe is a lock and will play every game. Was in Pies best 22 before suspension playing 18 games in 2014 and averaging 62 which I will take from a D6 - D8 anytime. Still trying to decide on Thomas who is priced at $193k but a lot more forward options with rookies than defenders.

enzedder

Cheers boys.
Good to know.

Money Shot

Do you guys know why Greenwood dropped off so immensely in scoring at Collingwood? He was good for a mid 90s avg at north and now he is struggling to go over 80.

Holz

Quote from: Money Shot on December 22, 2016, 10:28:35 AM
Do you guys know why Greenwood dropped off so immensely in scoring at Collingwood? He was good for a mid 90s avg at north and now he is struggling to go over 80.

He averaged that for a season and then 6 games in another season.

Prior to that he had 4 years of being a spud.

The answer, he isnt a very good player. In his 1 good year he racked up junk ball as evident in his 102 DT points to 94 Sc.

Money Shot

Quote from: Holz on December 22, 2016, 10:47:42 AM

The answer, he isnt a very good player. In his 1 good year he racked up junk ball as evident in his 102 DT points to 94 Sc.
Okay cheers mate! Trying to find some guys that are a little bit different for my forward line as Macrae/Dahl are the only two people I would confidently start.

Guess greenwood isn't the guy hahaha

Holz

Quote from: Money Shot on December 22, 2016, 12:17:04 PM
Quote from: Holz on December 22, 2016, 10:47:42 AM

Okay cheers mate! Trying to find some guys that are a little bit different for my forward line as Macrae/Dahl are the only two people I would confidently start.

Guess greenwood isn't the guy hahaha

Im personally going Dahl Macrae then picking rookies from then on out, im sure McGlugg at F3 is a pretty unique set up.