Main Menu

2017 Season

Started by _wato, September 05, 2016, 04:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

Quote from: T Dog on September 16, 2016, 11:25:18 AM
Assuming Jong not getting to the Pies now.

So its just Will Hoskin-Elliott; Chris Mayne; Nick Dal Santo and potentially Boomer Harvey so far?  ???

Interesting to see what deal gets sorted from Bullies for Cloke.

Why would you go down the path of trading in old farts ? pointless did you watch the VFL prelim. today , the Bulldogs have raised the bar along with GWS  ;)

ossie85

3 years for Wells sounds a huge risk to me. Though we are a young side

I don't rate Mayne much.

Here's hoping I'm wrong!

The Woodman

I'm actually really hoping we get Wells. Gives us pace through the middle, which we're lacking right now. Varcoe can't be everywhere!

shaker

Quote from: ossie85 on September 18, 2016, 12:20:13 PM

I don't rate Mayne much.

Here's hoping I'm wrong!

3 years you have got to be kidding he is 32 in Feb with a history of chronic lower leg problems good luck with that one  ;)

ossie85

Quote from: shaker on September 18, 2016, 02:47:08 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on September 18, 2016, 12:20:13 PM

I don't rate Mayne much.

Here's hoping I'm wrong!

3 years you have got to be kidding he is 32 in Feb with a history of chronic lower leg problems good luck with that one  ;)

That's what they've offered Wells.

_wato

I was at first on the stance that getting Wells was stupid.

Starting to think now that it is a good call. Brings experience, brings leg speed, brings an X factor, brings a linking player between half back and half forward and is someone we are considerably lacking in our team. Yes it could be termed a short term fix but I honestly think we can get him for chips and it'll be worth it in the long run.

crowls

Quote from: _wato on September 18, 2016, 06:41:37 PM

Starting to think now that it is a good call. Brings experience, brings leg speed, brings an X factor, brings a linking player between half back and half forward and is someone we are considerably lacking in our team. Yes it could be termed a short term fix but I honestly think we can get him for chips and it'll be worth it in the long run.
if he goes it will be just for the additional cash.     north would be better trying to help him post retirement with options.   if he goes and then breaksdown,  ...........    you get what you deserve.

Grazz

Pies would be better off not going after Wells. To risky and his age I just don't see enough upside to it with his fragility.

Spite

Been through the same thought process as you too Wato. Everyone knows Wells is a good player and could win us an extra game or two next season. Sure, he isn't young but if he gets the job done, raises the teams confidence a little, even though it is a short term thing, I still think it's a win

shaker

Quote from: Spite on September 22, 2016, 07:00:22 PM

Been through the same thought process as you too Wato. Everyone knows Wells is a good player and could win us an extra game or two next season. Sure, he isn't young but if he gets the job done, raises the teams confidence a little, even though it is a short term thing, I still think it's a win

600K a year for 3 years they would have to be the most expensive chips ever , bad trade you really need a good key position back which Wells is not I thought the Tiges were the only ones that made bad trades like this one  :P

Spite

Quote from: shaker on September 23, 2016, 12:49:38 PM

600K a year for 3 years they would have to be the most expensive chips ever , bad trade you really need a good key position back which Wells is not I thought the Tiges were the only ones that made bad trades like this one  :P

It's not a trade mate, we get him for nothing. Since we can front end most of his contract this season, he's practically free for the next two years which will allow us some extra cap space wriggle room to chase those key defenders.

shaker

Quote from: Spite on September 23, 2016, 02:59:10 PM

It's not a trade mate, we get him for nothing. Since we can front end most of his contract this season, he's practically free for the next two years which will allow us some extra cap space wriggle room to chase those key defenders.

My bad deal not trade all the talk is you are getting him for his polish off half back NDS would do the same job for roughly half the price , you could get him on a one year deal and he is less injury prone ?

Spite

Quote from: shaker on September 23, 2016, 04:57:29 PM
Quote from: Spite on September 23, 2016, 02:59:10 PM

My bad deal not trade all the talk is you are getting him for his polish off half back NDS would do the same job for roughly half the price , you could get him on a one year deal and he is less injury prone ?

We need the speed. Think that's the major selling point here. We can't drag Wells across for a 1 year deal, he wouldn't do it so had to be multi year. NDS I'm not even sure would move for just one season if north have offered him after career activities or work opportunities

Money

Does the Wells addition push Taylor Adams out of the midfield?

Cambo

No, but it will lighten the load on all the mids.  Pendles will spend more time across half back or even forward more, which could only be a good thing with Well's ball delivery  ;)