Main Menu

The wash up from 2016

Started by shaker, August 29, 2016, 12:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gigantor

Quote from: elephants on August 31, 2016, 10:22:36 AM
Haha its a funny article and its even funnier if anyone believes it :P

I like it because, lets be honest, its exatcly what Prestia would have been thinking on the weekend  ;D

shaker

Quote from: elephants on August 31, 2016, 10:22:36 AM
Haha its a funny article and its even funnier if anyone believes it :P

It's satire honest satire take the guys name off the bottom and it is very believable haha

Holz

Quote from: shaker on August 30, 2016, 08:01:15 PM
Quote from: frenzy on August 30, 2016, 06:37:52 PM
Sorry fellas, but I have the feeling Dion Prestia will cost you substantially more then pick 6 to gain his services. IMO pick 6 this year and 1st round next year or maybe a player like B. Ellis will be closer to the mark. You have to pay overs to get the guns in. Look at Treloar and Danger trades last season. Prestia can nominate the club of choice all he likes, but Gold Coast will set the price and sell to the highest bidder if your offer falls short. Good luck, but you'll need to cough up.

Comparing Prestia to Danger is silly they are in different leagues and even Treloar I would rate much higher , Prestia has not risen to an A grader yet because of injuries in the last 2 years , giving up next years first round as well is way overs the way the Tiges are going that could be 1- 4 he is not worth anything like that and if the Tiges are stupid enough to blow trades like that it might be time to follow the Giants  :P

I reckon Treloar and Danger deals were way under their market value because they nominated where they wanted to go.

the Danger deal was a steal

Treloar deal cost them pick 7 + Pick 6 + Pick 65 for Treloar + Pick 28.

now that deal seems a little pricey but thats more because collingwood sucked if they had of peformed better and that pick 6 was say pick 11 then it would have been a steal for treloar.

so if its 7 + 11 for Treloar + 28

then pick 6 for Prestia seems about right given Treloar a far better player.

frenzy

Quote from: TomK on August 31, 2016, 12:09:12 AM
You have to pay overs to get the guns in. Look at Treloar and Danger trades last season.
You think Pick 9, Pick 28 and Dean Gore was overs for the best player in the comp? ::)

Yep, you was lucky to get that. That's what happens when they're a Free Agent. You either match the deal or take the gamble of compensation. Out of good faith from Geelong, they were willing to do a trade, but didn't have to. That's the system in place, hurts like hell I know. Buddy Franklin's another one, Hawthorn chose the compensation route, and received pick 19. (I think)

TomK

Quote from: frenzy on August 31, 2016, 08:22:47 PM
You have to pay overs to get the guns in. Look at Treloar and Danger trades last season.
You think Pick 9, Pick 28 and Dean Gore was overs for the best player in the comp? ::)

Yep, you was lucky to get that. That's what happens when they're a Free Agent. You either match the deal or take the gamble of compensation. Out of good faith from Geelong, they were willing to do a trade, but didn't have to. That's the system in place, hurts like hell I know. Buddy Franklin's another one, Hawthorn chose the compensation route, and received pick 19. (I think)
As soon as we matched the offer from Geelong that Dangerfield accepted, he wasn't a free agent, free agency had nothing to do with how he got to Geelong after that, he was just a regular uncontracted player. Geelong did have to do a trade if they wanted him as soon as we matched. We just wanted to move on and accepted unders, we could've pushed harder like we should have cause we got screwed.

Rusty00

Quote from: TomK on August 31, 2016, 08:37:49 PM

As soon as we matched the offer from Geelong that Dangerfield accepted, he wasn't a free agent, free agency had nothing to do with how he got to Geelong after that, he was just a regular uncontracted player. Geelong did have to do a trade if they wanted him as soon as we matched. We just wanted to move on and accepted unders, we could've pushed harder like we should have cause we got screwed.
The Crows didn't match the deal because Geelong never offered one. They went straight to the trade table so Adelaide were lucky to get what they did as they had no bargaining power.

@frenzy - hawthorn didn't "choose the compensation route". Franklin chose to leave via free agency which meant Hawthorn had to either match the offer or let him go and cop whatever compensation they were given. They had no option of "choosing" between trading or receiving the compensation.

TomK

Quote from: Rusty00 on August 31, 2016, 09:52:19 PM
Quote from: TomK on August 31, 2016, 08:37:49 PM

The Crows didn't match the deal because Geelong never offered one. They went straight to the trade table so Adelaide were lucky to get what they did as they had no bargaining power.
Because we already had discussions with Geelong that we would've matched no matter what, in the end he was traded as an uncontracted player, not a free agent.

frenzy

We have hi-jacked the Tigers thread,  :o The moral of the story is to keep your stars signed up on a contract and stop the poachers.

When a star doesn't want an extension at his club, his club should organise a trade with any other team and move em on.

Paddy you got 12months to run on your contract, here's a 2 year extension. " I don't want the extension thanks" Hello Brisbane, Paddy Dangerfield will cost you 2 first rounders at the trade table, done deal. Your off to Brisbane Paddy. Free agency don't even come into it.

shaker

The rumbles continue after this disaster of a season with ex players Monteath and Wood calling for a spill of the board this is really highlighting what a stupid decision it was to renew Dimma's contract early , he is now in a position where he has to get the team to be competitive every week to keep his job and on the other hand play all the kids don't know how he is going to do that.