Round 12 Thread

Started by Jukes, June 07, 2016, 02:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Fixtures
Anaheim Mighty Ducks vs Carolina Panthers
Anaheim continue to hold on to 6th place after a handy win over the Grizzlies last week which saw them produce a fairly vanilla score. They'll wanna keep scoring like that or better to keep their place in the top 6 or else they risk not playing finals. The Panthers also didn't move after having a win and remain in 3rd. There isn't a way to fault these guys despite their ugly win last week over the Otters. They'll just look to go about business as usual and cement their spot in finals. Despite the Panthers looking like the better team, I'll back the Ducks in for another win here.
Chicago Sharks vs Boston Terriers
Is Chicago's poor form finally behind them? Top score last week certainly indicates so. In fact, had these two teams played last week, Chicago would have defeated the ladder leaders! This is definitely a huge game as 1st visits 2nd because a win for the home side bridges the gap between the two which is exactly what the Sharks would want. The Terriers still don't look like faltering though as they continue on their winning ways and they even did it without star ruck Todd Goldstein last week. They'll want to keep their distance on top from those chasing them and there's no better way to do that than by defeating second place. I wanna believe in the Chicago win, but I think the Terriers will be too good.
San Francisco Grizzlies vs Colorado Avalanche
San Francisco wouldn't be happy about dropping last week's game, in fact it costs them a couple of spots on the ladder which is not what you want at this time of the year. They need to pick the right captain(s) this week and lock away what should be a pretty regulation win against a team they're expected to beat. Colorado just don't seem to find much luck when they need it. Good performances from the likes of Hunter and Curnow seemed to be in vain as they just messed with the wrong opponent last week as they would have defeated several other sides, San Fran included. They could definitely win this game and I'm gonna back them in to do so.
New Brooklyn Hawks vs Santiago Cockerels
New Brooklyn have been good without being great and will want a few more wins to push for an unlikely finals appearance. They can score okay on their day but the calibre of opponent this week means it could be another tough week for the Hawks who want something to go their way. Santiago only just won last week and they'll want to go back to their best for a win and percentage boost to secure their top 6 position. A few selection decisions seem to be at the forefront of the coach's mind and hopefully for his sake, he makes the right ones because this should be a regulation victory for the Cockerels.
Las Vegas Sinners vs Houston Bombers
The return of Tom Rockliff saw the Sinners do quite well last week, get a win and move up off the bottom of the ladder. That's big news for them right there. They'll be buoyed by that and have a chance for two in a row as they host the boys from Houston. The Las Vegas unit can be extremely dangerous on their day, so if everything clicks this week, we could see a huge effort out of the Nevada locals. Houston will want to avoid that happening and make up for being pipped at the post last week. Very unlucky to not get the win, they'll see an opportunity against a team they can easily beat. A win for the Bombers puts them into top 6 territory and with that on the line, I expect them to go forth and conquer this week.
Quito Quetzals vs Ottawa Otters
Quito now sits in prime position for the spoon after losing to the team that was formerly in last place on the ladder. They can score well when things go right, but that hasn't happened lately. Bugged by captaincy failures and some players not living up to their potential, the Quetzals just want their fortunes to turn around for the better. In the regard, the Otters are in the same boat. A disgusting effort last week resulted in the worst score of the round with two defenders being late outs and vice captain Zaharakis having a howler. The road head looked bright for Ottawa just a few weeks ago but everything has gone pear-shaped lately. Expect them to bounce back with a win this week.

Ladder
Boston Terriers   9   2   1402   1248   112.34
Chicago Sharks   7   4   1264   1233   102.51
Carolina Panthers   7   4   1276   1247   102.33
San Francisco Grizzlies   6   5   1334   1283   103.98
Santiago Cockerels   6   5   1317   1297   101.54
Anaheim Mighty Ducks    6   5   1244   1243   100.08
-------------------------------------------------------------
Houston Bombers   5   6   1229   1241   99.03
Ottawa Otters   5   6   1277   1296   98.53
New Brooklyn Hawks   5   6   1203   1273   94.50
Colorado Avalanche   4   7   1226   1250   98.08
Las Vegas Sinners   3   8   1109   1168   94.95
Quito Quetzals   3   8   1225   1308   93.65

Lockout will occur at the start of Essendon vs Hawthorn at 7:50pm EST on Friday the 10th of June.

Full Fixture list: http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,105841.0.html
Team lists: http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,99246.0.html

Team Submission
D: A. Player, B. Player, C. Player, D. Player
M: E. Player (c) or (cc), F. Player (vc) or (cc), G. Player, H. Player, I. Player, J. Player
R: K. Player
F: L. Player (evc), M. Player, N. Player, O. Player
U: P. Player, Q. Player, R. Player
Emg: S. Player, T. Player, U. Player, V. Player (sub)

-You must name either a captain (x2) and vice-captain (x1.5) or two co-captains (1.75x each), in addition to the emergency vice-captain. If listed captaincy options are exhausted the first-named non-captain midfielder is promoted.
-Emergencies can be of ANY position and in ANY order.
-Sub SHOULD be named as the last man on the bench to avoid them being called up as a regular replacement.

nas

Carolina Panthers.

D: - Sam Docherty, - Luke McDonald, - Matthew Boyd, - Luke Brown .
M: - Callan Ward (VC), - JPKennedy (C), - Dylan Shiel, - Marcus Bontempelli (EVC), - Josh Kelly, - Shane Edwards.
R: - Shane Mumford.
F: - Dustin Martin , - Steve Johnson, - Cyril Rioli, - Ben McGlynn.
U: - Jack Redpath (F), - Sam Mayes (D/M), - Brodie Grundy (R).

E:  - Rory Atkins (M), - Levi Casboult (F), - Nathan Krakouer (D), -  Mitch Brown, (F/D) (Sub).

Subject to Team Announcements

powersuperkents

Santiago Cockerels

D: Steven May, Dane Rampe, Nick Malceski, Trent McKenzie
M: Gary Ablett Jnr. (CC), Luke Shuey, Mitch Duncan, Jack Macrae, Lachie Whitfield, David Armitage
R: Max Gawn (CC)
F: Josh Jenkins, Jarrad Waite, Charlie Cameron, Josh J. Kennedy
U: Hamish Hartlett, Dayne Zorko (EVC), Touk Miller

E: Luke Dunstan (mid), Eric Mackenzie (back), Daniel Gorringe (R/F), Jarrad Jansen (sub)

In: Touk Miller, Trent McKenzie, Jarrad Jansen
Out: Luke Dunstan (omitted), Mark Baguley (knee), Jack Billings (rested)
New: Jarrad Jansen

Subject to Changes

Pkbaldy

Quote from: powersuperkents on June 07, 2016, 10:32:16 PM
Out: Luke Dunstan (omitted), Mark Baguley (knee)

Does this mean I can have him at the end of the season?? :P

nas

Quote from: Pkbaldy on June 08, 2016, 11:11:26 AM

Isn't there a Mid Season Draft?

T Dog

I have worked out Colorado's problem finally....it is a Dream Team  >:(

Colorado Avalanche

Backs:  J. Bartel; T. Bugg; Z. Tuohy; J. Harbrow;
Mids:  S. Thompson; D. Mundy (DVC); I. Smith; L. Hunter (C); T. Scully (VC); B. Ebert;
Ruck:  T. Hickey;
Forwards:  S. Gray; B. McKenzie; D. Petrie; A. Everitt
Utilities:   E. Curnow;  J. Redden; M. Hutchings
Reserves:  R. Tarrant (D); W. Minson (R); D. Kent (F); D. Parish (M)(Sub);

powersuperkents

Quote from: Pkbaldy on June 08, 2016, 11:11:26 AM

What the right price sure  :)

When young players are omitted from my side it just means they are out of form, rather than a sign of disapproval (as opposed to being spuds - e.g. Suban). At the moment Miller, Crozier, and Jansen seem the better options but I try not to blame young players for being inconsistent (even expecting +100 from Macrae every game is ridiculous).

popedelio

Chicago Sharks

D: Tom McDonald, Josh Gibson (EVC), Shaun Burgoyne, Tom Sheridan
M: Joel Selwood (VC), Andrew Gaff, Luke Parker (C), Liam Picken, Dom Tyson, Sam Gibson
R: Callum Sinclair
F: Brent Harvey, Tom T. Lynch, Jake Stringer, Sam Kerridge
U: Michael Rischitelli [M], Danel Wells [F/M], Elliot Yeo [D/M]
Emg: Clayton Oliver [M], Courtenay Dempsey [D], Rory Lobb [R/F], Daniel Menzel [F] (sub)

kilbluff1985

Ducks

D: Enright, Birchall, Seedsman, Fantasia
M: Danger [c], Hanners [vc], Boak, Greenwood, W Langford, B Smith
R: Brooksby
F: [evc] Zerrett, Greene, T Bell, C Daniel
I/C: Stokes, Rosa, Stretch

Emerg Brooksby [r], M Wood (sub), S Butler (D), J White (f)

Jukes

D: H. Shaw (cc), J. Pittard, Z. Williams, SD Thompson
M: J. Steven (evc), K. Jack, S. Coniglio, C. Guthrie, J. Viney, O. Wines
R: S. Martin
F: B. Deledio (cc), L. Montagna, E. Betts, M. Leuenberger
U: A. Swallow, R. Douglas, A. Miles

Emg: D. Pearce, R. Harwood, P. Wright, K. Kolodjashnij (sub)

Jay

Houston Bombers
D: Alex Rance, Jacob Weitering, Jamie Macmillan, Daniel Howe
M: Rory Sloane (C), Bernie Vince (VC), Brandon Ellis, Jack Crisp, Stephen Hill, Steven Motlop
R: Mathew Kreuzer
F: Jack Riewoldt (evc), Jack Darling, Isaac Heeney, Michael Walters
U: Paul Puopolo, Lachie Henderson, Rhys Stanley

E: Chris Masten (mid), Kane Lambert (m/f), Mark Jamar (ruck), Dylan Roberton (def)(SUB)

Nige

Ottawa Otters

Marley Williams, Jezza McGovern, Matt Broadbent, Marcus Adams
Adam Treloar (vc), David Zaharakis, Dion Prestia, Pearce Hanley, Ben Cunnington, Liam Shiels
Nic Naitanui
Jesse Hogan, Luke Breust, Charlie Dixon, Sam Lloyd
Nathan Jones, Shaun Grigg (c), Ben McEvoy

Andrew Walker (d/f), Tom Cutler (d), Ben Kennedy (m/f), Billy Hartung (m - sub)

elephants

Massive game here, first vs second. Really wanna win this one to establish the gap!

D: Laird, Biggs, Rich, Howe
M: Pendles, Priddis, Neale, Cotchin (VC), Gray, Kelly
R: Goldy (C)
F: Dahlhaus, Robinson, LeCras, Wright
I: Blakely, Wallis, Ross

E: Hurn (d), Bastinac (m - sub), Smith (r), J.Martin (f)

Extraordinary scenes with Nick Dal Santo dropped from the entire squad despite being one of the best on ground last weekend! Is it a case of giving the kids a run and looking toward the future? Would be a monster call in such a massive game!

Nige

I think Basti's an interesting choice in sub too, in the E2 position no less!

elephants

Quote from: Nige on June 10, 2016, 01:41:46 PM
I think Basti's an interesting choice in sub too, in the E2 position no less!

Tanking :o :p