Round 12 Thread

Started by Jukes, June 07, 2016, 02:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Reason I'm not doing mine: have an exam tomorrow at 6pm ;-;

Also, really racking up the mid-game injuries now - Bundy last week into Swallow and Kolo this week :/ not fair!

powersuperkents

Quote from: Jukes on June 12, 2016, 05:50:33 PM
Reason I'm not doing mine: have an exam tomorrow at 6pm ;-;

Also, really racking up the mid-game injuries now - Bundy last week into Swallow and Kolo this week :/ not fair!
I'm racking up the mid-game spuds  >:(

These players are starting to drive me up the wall

kilbluff1985

wait why did i name Brooksby over Nicholls that makes no sense

powersuperkents

The New Brooklyn Curse looks like it will hit us again - we've never broken the 110 barrier against the Hawks since Pk took over and out of our past three meetings, the one game we've won was a rivalry round game that carried little significance  >:(

Still not as bad as my record against Boston though

T Dog

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 12, 2016, 07:24:25 PM
wait why did i name Brooksby over Nicholls that makes no sense
Unfortunately, you've got Mason Wood OOP as a result because Brooksby was named as your ruck and emg. You lost your sub because of the mistake as well.  :-X However, thanks to Danger being flowering amazing, I don't think it's gonna cost you.

Quote from: T Dog on June 12, 2016, 08:33:14 PM
Am I winning?
You'll find out soon!

The update will probably come tonight, will have dinner and make sure all the SC scores are set for the evening and provide an update with raw scores and who's to come for both sides (if any, but pretty sure everyone has at least one player to come).

kilbluff1985

i legit cant fathom why i did it

so much so i almost want to accuse someone of editing my post

i just don't understand

Nige

The Update

The following are the current raw scores for all six games. Captains, vice captains and co-captains have been factored in, but subs and HGA have not.

Also, at the bottom of the update, I'm calling out everyone on the mistakes they made in the naming of their teams. I'm not trying to be rude or sound like a dick, I'm partially doing it because it slightly inconveniences me as the scorer but also because more importantly, these mistakes can be costly (fortunately, don't think we've had such an instance yet this season though) and I wouldn't want anyone to lose because they were careless or half-heartedly named their teams in a rush or whatever. I get people are busy and this isn't the most exciting comp, but please consider taking 5 mins out of your day or whatever to make sure your team is named properly before the first bounce of the round from now onwards.

From next week on, I'll do my best to point out any flaws in the naming of teams before the bounce so that you guys have the time to make any adjustments, but it's still up to you guys to not just post your team and not bother looking at it again until week's end.

Anaheim Mighty Ducks vs Carolina Panthers
1659 with Greenwood and Stretch to play vs 1755 with Grundy to play.
The Ducks should win bar a disaster here given they have an extra player and HGA, but stranger things have happened.

Chicago Sharks vs Boston Terriers
1604 with McDonald and Tyson to play vs 1477 with Howe and Pendlebury to play.
Chicago in the box seat here to knock off the ladder leaders who have been pretty subpar rounds by their lofty standards.

San Francisco Grizzlies vs Colorado Avalanche
1689 with Viney to play vs 1440 with Bugg to play
San Fran well on their way to a pretty comfortable victory here with Colorado having a variety of issues.

New Brooklyn Hawks vs Santiago Cockerels
1571 with Sidebottom to play vs 1422 with Gawn (cc) to play.
A nice little upset brewing here. Hawks fairly solid across the board while Santiago have had some howlers.

Las Vegas Sinners vs Houston Bombers
1396 with De Goey and Petracca to play vs 1341 with Vince (vc) and Crisp to play.
This could be the closest game of the round. Sinners lead by 55, no sub, but a HGA of 44 currently while Houston have their VC in good form still to come along with Crisp.

Quito Quetzals vs Ottawa Otters
1419 with Reid to play vs 1203 with Williams, Treloar (vc), Hogan and Jones to play.
Otters will win this one unless something goes terribly wrong despite some poor efforts.

@Colorado: You named Brad McKenzie as a forward when he's mid only, as a result he's OOP and has his score halved.

@Chicago: This is minor, but I've noticed that the Parker (c)/Jelwood (vc) combination has been run just about every week for a while (I think), Parker's been pretty average compared to Jelwood lately and I feel like you'd benefit from actually changing your C/VC from time to time.

@Anaheim: You already know, but Brooksby was named as your ruck when he was omitted from the Suns, he was also named as your emg. You lost your sub as it was named in the E2 position when it's been advised/warned that they're best named at E4. This week is a good example of why it's good to name them at E4 instead.

@Boston: Similar to the above, your sub is named at E2 when you're better off having them at E4. See/read what happened to the Ducks as to why this can be problematic.

@Vegas: Your F4 was omitted from his AFL side and you only named two players as utilities/interchange as opposed to three. Your first named emg also wasn't named for his AFL side (hasn't been for a couple of weeks either) and yet you continue to name him. As a result, your E2 and E3 both came on to the field, you lost your sub and have no emergencies left because you didn't name an E4. Remeber emergencies can be of any position. Again, like the above two teams, your sub was named at E2 when you probably should have him named as E4.

@Quito: No VC or EVC named. Normally, we resort to your VC from the previous week but that was Sam Mitchell who was injured and didn't play this week and because you had no EVC last week, there was nothing to reference. I have generously awarded you Bryce Gibbs as sub, because I feel like he would have been one of your VC or EVC choices this week and he was your C last week. And again, like the three teams before you, your sub was named at E2 which almost proved costly as your E1 had to be used to replace the late out of Vlastuin this week.

That's all of them, but having to address 6 out of 12 teams isn't ideal. Once again, I'd like to stress I'm really just trying to be helpful to avoid your team suffering in a detrimental manner in future rounds. You don't have to listen to the above and I apologise if it came off harsh, but please, at the very least, consider what I said in the first paragraph of this post. Cheers gents.  :)

powersuperkents

Please Gawn... Please win this for me  :'(

I just need to add... flower you Waite, Jansen, Malceski (biggest spud - I cannot get over just how useless he's become), Touk and you've let me down Hammer (cannot even hold his own against his teammates at Aberton this season).

It looks like Jenkins is our No. 1 forward at this point - I had him in the reserve behind Vickery & Bruce in our forward pecking order over the off-season - what a gun he's become. Charlie Cameron has been a superstar too - I didn't see him even playing a game for us (recruited as a purely last gasp depth player... he's probably our 3rd most reliable forward at this point).

Flowering Malceski... Besides Rampe & May, our defence each week is a lucky dip of shower players   

Jukes

So from our current top 6 we've had Boston probably losing this week, Chicago having lost in round 10 (and posting two showerty scores the two weeks prior), Carolina probably losing this week, San Francisco losing last week, Santiago probably losing this week, and Anaheim moving along nicely despite their outs. Very even comp this year!

And everybody make sure to get around Nige for doing all the work this round, and all teams mentioned in the mistakes should take note and work to fix that up.

popedelio

Quote from: Nige on June 12, 2016, 09:55:06 PM
@Chicago: This is minor, but I've noticed that the Parker (c)/Jelwood (vc) combination has been run just about every week for a while (I think), Parker's been pretty average compared to Jelwood lately and I feel like you'd benefit from actually changing your C/VC from time to time.

Bit of a cop out, when arguably Parker was having his best season to date and I was benefiting his (c) score pretty well over Selwood in the beginning. I'm one who doesn't like to change the captaincy too drastically to try and "chase" points however I do admit I will be switching the roles if Parker doesn't fix up his form. I think my only mistake is naming my team early in the week and not updating it properly once teams come out on the Thursday, so I am definitely taking that advice onboard hahaha

Nige

Quote from: popedelio on June 13, 2016, 01:02:10 AM
Quote from: Nige on June 12, 2016, 09:55:06 PM

Bit of a cop out, when arguably Parker was having his best season to date and I was benefiting his (c) score pretty well over Selwood in the beginning. I'm one who doesn't like to change the captaincy too drastically to try and "chase" points however I do admit I will be switching the roles if Parker doesn't fix up his form. I think my only mistake is naming my team early in the week and not updating it properly once teams come out on the Thursday, so I am definitely taking that advice onboard hahaha
Yeah, I agree man, I meant to mention that but totally forgot ahaha, that's probably more significant than the captaincy issue. I'm pretty much the same with captains, I'll only really change it up if I'm confident in a certain player vs a certain opponent or something like that.

elephants

showere I'm cooked. Dammit lads

Jukes

Gotta love having Heater, Stevo, Coniglio, Jack, Deledio, and Montagna (and formerly Stef Martin) to pick from :D

Not really, gives me a headache every Thursday night tbh

powersuperkents

I swear the SC scorers are out to get me

How does a player get 27 hit outs, 2 goals, 5 marks, 2 tackles, and 20 disposals at 85% efficiency for a 3qtr time score of 82 (he's currently on 109 in DT)

Boy, the SC employees responsible for calculating individual scores must be periodically reading these threads to laugh at my reactions each week after constantly flowering me over  :P