Make a Big Call 2016

Started by kilbluff1985, December 22, 2015, 12:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samsturmfels

The Package to average 95+ in supercoach

Mat0369

Eagles, Hawks and Richmond all don't make the top 4.

eaglesman

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 21, 2016, 04:47:26 PM

I don't have Richmond in the 8

Mat0369

Quote from: eaglesman on February 21, 2016, 07:39:45 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if they drop out. Crows also have a tough run as well so they are the one most are expecting to drop out. I'm thinking that Freo, Sydney and North are in the top 4, not sure about the last spot.

The reason I have the Hawks out of the top 4 is they might struggle with no Roughy early. Hale was struggling towards the end but he is gone as well, they will rely a lot on Gunston to carry the load from a tall forward perspective. They might drop a couple that they didn't expect to and it might see them finish 5th.

I think with West Coast teams will have spent the summer looking at the game plan and attempting to stop them. It's a lot harder the second time around and I think the draw will be tougher as well.

I don't see Richmond being better then Freo, Sydney, North, Hawks or West Coast. There are 6+ teams fighting for the last 3 spots. Someone has to miss so them being overtaken wouldn't be a surprise.

eaglesman

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 21, 2016, 07:57:35 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on February 21, 2016, 07:39:45 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if they drop out. Crows also have a tough run as well so they are the one most are expecting to drop out. I'm thinking that Freo, Sydney and North are in the top 4, not sure about the last spot.

The reason I have the Hawks out of the top 4 is they might struggle with no Roughy early. Hale was struggling towards the end but he is gone as well, they will rely a lot on Gunston to carry the load from a tall forward perspective. They might drop a couple that they didn't expect to and it might see them finish 5th.

I think with West Coast teams will have spent the summer looking at the game plan and attempting to stop them. It's a lot harder the second time around and I think the draw will be tougher as well.

I don't see Richmond being better then Freo, Sydney, North, Hawks or West Coast. There are 6+ teams fighting for the last 3 spots. Someone has to miss so them being overtaken wouldn't be a surprise.

I am not confident on any team making the top 4.

I have them in my top 8 but I wouldnt even be surprised if Freo and north didnt make the 8 and u have them in the top 4. Just think it will be a very competitive year. My only 2 certs are hawthorn and Eagles in the 8.

elephants

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 21, 2016, 04:47:26 PM

I sincerely hope that's not a call based on the weeks nab cup matches :P

My Chumps

Quote from: Samsturmfels on February 21, 2016, 04:12:43 PM
Stringer made the All Aus team this year (albeit questionably) despite only cracking the ton 4 times and averaging 78. Despite playing well he's not scoring well. Game isn't suited to SC atm.

Mat0369

Quote from: elephants on February 22, 2016, 10:50:32 AM
I sincerely hope that's not a call based on the weeks nab cup matches :P

Nah, it's for the reasons as stated above. The Hawks draw at first look isn't actually all that bad, but Roughy is arguably the most important player to the way they structure up. They probably drop a couple of those early 50/50's which might see them just out of the 4.

I think West Coast probably had the best structure of any team last year and I think a lot of the success had to do with the way they were coached. Teams have had an entire offseason to pick apart the game plan and figure out how to try and stop their slingshot attack. I think they still win between 14-16 games, so it will see them finish anywhere between 2nd and 6th. It's also tough to back up considering the season they had last year, I'm not expecting them to drop off drastically, but they are easily in the mix. The Dogs interest me in this regard as well because they both played similar footy even though the way their talent is structured in terms of strengths is very different. Well coached and very strong defensive structures.

As I said with Richmond, I don't see them as a better team then Hawthorn, Freo, Sydney, North or West Coast. Then you have teams like Port and Geelong trying to bounce back, the Dogs trying to continue on an upward trend, the Crows trying to maintain their performance, Suns/Pie/Giants trying to get the young guys to take the next step, I think they are in the mix with those sides but not a top 4 team.

Gigantor

NicNat to be in the top 5 this year (All players not just rucks  :P )

timmyparso

Daniel Menzel to be top 4 forward

fanTCfool

Quote from: timmyparso on February 26, 2016, 11:03:34 PM

There's big calls, and then there is this call right here  :o

timmyparso

Quote from: fanTCfool on February 26, 2016, 11:06:54 PM
Quote from: timmyparso on February 26, 2016, 11:03:34 PM

There's big calls, and then there is this call right here  :o

Puting him in my AF side at this stage (more trades up sleave if doesn't work out). First game last year was impressive and saw some good second efforts tonight. Hawkins will take best defender (early season at least) so if knees hold out could break out this year.

I have delicious scotch in my tummy so views may change in morning  ;D

Samsturmfels

Quote from: My Chumps on February 22, 2016, 09:40:29 PM
Quote from: Samsturmfels on February 21, 2016, 04:12:43 PM
Stringer made the All Aus team this year (albeit questionably) despite only cracking the ton 4 times and averaging 78. Despite playing well he's not scoring well. Game isn't suited to SC atm.
and thats why its a big call.

LordSneeze

Bugg will finish as a top 10 defender

Hawks will not finish top 4

Ward will average 125+

fanTCfool

Shane Mumford will retire due to injury