Australia vs West Indies Test Matches

Started by PowerBug, November 29, 2015, 11:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Could this be the most one-sided test series ever? I'm hoping we get proven wrong and West Indies come out and show something, but I'd be backing a 3-0 series win in this one.

All discussion for the 3 match test series will be here :)

Ringo

I am wary a little with a team of inexperienced players with something to prove. May not be the cake walk we expect as has been shown in the past these teams tend to lift and exceed expectations.

Nige

The Windies haven't really had a genuinely scary test outfit for a while. They've got some really good players who can be amazing when they're on but they haven't been overly great as a test nation in recent times.

nrich102

We should dominate. The question will be on how stupid the selectors are and if they'll pick spud marsh again. Khawaja should be back, right?

BB67th

Quote from: nrich102 on November 30, 2015, 11:10:50 AM
We should dominate. The question will be on how stupid the selectors are and if they'll pick spud marsh again. Khawaja should be back, right?
We can only hope. I have a bad feeling that his 49 from yesterday will keep him in the team for the rest of the summer at least, it seems like something the selectors would do.

Nige

Quote from: BB67th on November 30, 2015, 11:52:12 AM
We can only hope. I have a bad feeling that his 49 from yesterday will keep him in the team for the rest of the summer at least, it seems like something the selectors would do.
Near certainty.

nrich102

Quote from: Nige on November 30, 2015, 01:01:19 PM
Near certainty.
:( Surely you can't keep Khawaja out of the team though?

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: nrich102 on November 30, 2015, 01:30:05 PM
Quote from: Nige on November 30, 2015, 01:01:19 PM
Near certainty.
:( Surely you can't keep Khawaja out of the team though?
might not have the option if he's still injured. fully fit he comes back in

fanTCfool

PowerBug

Quote from: fanTCfool on November 30, 2015, 10:44:33 PM
Pattinson a lock for Starc?
And apparently Jackson Bird is coming in for Siddle who also injured himself... Why not Fekete who was listed to go to Bangladesh I don't know ??? Fekete also brings that left arm option.

nrich102

Capper

Nige

First test isn't until Decemeber 10th, so probably not for another week I'm guessing. The squad might be released soon though.

PowerBug

I heard tomorrow. Also Khawaja won't be playing it, they said he'll be playing BBL on his return before possibly playing the Boxing Day test.

BB67th

Quote from: PowerBug on November 30, 2015, 11:39:58 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on November 30, 2015, 10:44:33 PM
Pattinson a lock for Starc?
And apparently Jackson Bird is coming in for Siddle who also injured himself... Why not Fekete who was listed to go to Bangladesh I don't know ??? Fekete also brings that left arm option.
Fekete is a right arm actually, and quite a similar bowler to Bird from what I've seen. He was dropped last round from Tasmanias shield side over a technical issue I read, so I think they are giving him a few shield games to see if he has re-worked that before he is under national consideration again.

I'd like the pick of Bird, he's been stiff with injury over the last two and a half years, he is a quality bowler. Bollinger could also come into consideration after a strong shield game.