Australia vs West Indies Test Matches

Started by PowerBug, November 29, 2015, 11:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: PowerBug on December 01, 2015, 12:58:42 AM
I heard tomorrow. Also Khawaja won't be playing it, they said he'll be playing BBL on his return before possibly playing the Boxing Day test.
Squad is to be announced today I believe.

Nige

I don't think Dougie would be in contention at all to be honest.

BB67th

Well here's the squad.

Steve Smith (c), David Warner (vc), Joe Burns, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Peter Nevill, James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Adam Voges

Now I do like NCN, but how does he get into the squad having not played a first class game all summer coming back from injury, but Khawaja has to play BBL games before he is considered? You actually need to prove a bit of fitness to be able to bowl, but they have brought him straight back in. Makes no sense at all.

Boland is also on standby in case another quick breaks down (probably likely knowing our run) after his 7fa in the shield the other day.

Nige

Quote from: BB67th on December 01, 2015, 11:08:45 AM
Now I do like NCN, but how does he get into the squad having not played a first class game all summer coming back from injury, but Khawaja has to play BBL games before he is considered? You actually need to prove a bit of fitness to be able to bowl, but they have brought him straight back in. Makes no sense at all.
Yeah, I know, wtf.

Hopefully The Barrel gets a late call up, would love to see him debut!

nrich102

BB67th

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/nathan-coulter-nile-picked-on-gut-feeling-by-australia-selectors-west-indies-hobart-test-cricket/2015-12-01/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ausvwi

What a load of crap, Coulter-Nile was selected on a 'gut feeling'. Great to see Australian selectors have learnt their lessons and started to pick players on form  ::)

Marsh even says that not playing any First Class cricket this summer is a positive because NCN will come in fresh. What a muppet, goes completely against everything they've been saying for the past couple of years about picking players, let alone Khawaja.

Nige

I don't even know whether to find all of this amusing or not.

Koop

TBH Rod Marsh has one of the most punchable faces in World Cricket, and after todays announcement, as well as the Adelaide team, I would happily oblige.

PowerBug

You can always come support England. :) These selectors are the reason I jumped off. Selection has been inept since the 5-0 Ashes whitewash in 2006/2007.

How NCN gets in is amazing. He's good player and will probably go well seeing as it's the WI, but geez Rod Marsh pulls out the WA bias again.

fanTCfool

Hazlewood got named along with Smith and Warner in the ICC team of the year, bit of a surprise, but a good reward for a great year.

tbagrocks

Just bring in Jake "The son" Now and settle the batting line-up once and for all!

Also, NCN? Nobody else actually playing first class cricket earning a Test? ???

Fudge it, move MM to #8, Nevell #6 and the Faulk #7 8)

Burns
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Lehmann (Ok maybea little bias ;) )
Nevell
Faulkner
Marsh
Patto
Siddle/JH
Lyons

But why the heck not? ???

EDIT: BTW i'm not stupid  ???, Voges and S Marsh to fight over the #5 spot! Lehmann can wait till they both fail :P

PowerBug

I don't mind the idea of Marsh moving below Nevill. Wouldn't be putting Faulkner in the test team though.

Jay

Quote from: Nige on December 01, 2015, 05:43:52 PM
The incompetence is just funny to me at this point.

BB67th

Quote from: Jayman on December 03, 2015, 07:21:26 AM
Quote from: Nige on December 01, 2015, 05:43:52 PM
The incompetence is just funny to me at this point.
The question is which is funner: the Australian selectors or the West Indies test side?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-west-indies-2015-16/engine/match/942611.html

With the top 6 they will probably be playing in the first test, they have struggled to 154/6 off 60 overs against the CAXI which is a really average side. These next 3 tests might be over quite quickly....