HB: Will Schofield, Jeremy McGovern, Brad Sheppard
C: Andrew Gaff, Matt Priddis, Elliot Yeo
HF: Chris Masten, Jack Darling, Lewis Jetta
F: Mark LeCras, Josh Kennedy, Jamie Cripps
Foll: Nic Naitanui, Jack Redden, Luke Shuey
I/C: Dom Sheed, Xavier Ellis, Scott Lycett, Mark Hutchings

DEPTH
Key-position defenders: Tom Barrass, Mitch Brown
General defenders: Corey Adamson*,Jamie Bennell,Sam Butler, Paddy Brophy*, Tom Cole, Jackson Nelson
Key-position forwards: Fraser McInnes
General forwards: Matthew Allen, Josh Hill, Malcolm Karpany, Tom Lamb, Patrick McGinnity, Simon Tunbridge*
Midfielders: Damien Cavka, Brant Colledge*, Liam Duggan, Kane Lucas*, Kurt Mutimer, Luke Partington, Jordan Snadden*, Alec Waterman*
Rucks: Jonathan Giles

Adam Simpson admitted for most of last season he did not know what his best 22 was, given the injury issues the Eagles had. Now he has incredible depth and flexibility at his disposal. Matt Rosa and Callum Sinclair come out of the Grand Final side after being traded. Scott Lycett would get another opportunity first up but he will need to perform consistently. Jack Redden would come into the midfield rotation for Rosa but he will be under pressure from Liam Duggan, who looks ready to claim a permanent spot in the line-up. Lewis Jetta comes in for Josh Hill as a forward who can push up in the midfield and it would allow Simpson the flexibility of swinging Jeremy McGovern forward. Eric Mackenzie comes back into the defence and someone would be desperately unlucky. In this case Sam Butler would miss but he could easily play at any stage depending on how the Eagles want to structure their defence. - Alex Malcolm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-28/your-teams-best-22-for-2016

Looks pretty good,some players in incorrect spot tho imo
Could be some unlucky players like Duggan could easily come in for Hutch,holding a spot in the team now is vital as we have so many players that will be pushing for games

Gigantor

Yeah I agree Duggan would slot in for Hutching or even Ellis (Yeo can drift back if needed)

Would Mitch Brown come in if we had a tall out or would Simmo just play a smaller back/forward line?

eg6914

Quote from: Gigantor on November 29, 2015, 03:53:10 PM
Yeah I agree Duggan would slot in for Hutching or even Ellis (Yeo can drift back if needed)

Would Mitch Brown come in if we had a tall out or would Simmo just play a smaller back/forward line?
Mitch brown probably wouldnt come in unless schoey or EMac goes down. We could always throw Gov back and Hurn could play on the third tall like he did for the whole of last season

jvalles69

Jetta at HFF is a waste I reckon.  Should be coming off a wing or HBF, guy's disposal efficiency into the forward 50 is incredible.  Has the pace and decision making to calmly get it out of the back half too.

RaisyDaisy

Ellis, Lycett and Hutch along with Butler, Duggan, Hill and Brown will always be fighting for those last 3 spots

All the rest only get opportunity through injuries

RaisyDaisy

Herald Sun article

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/west-coast-eagles-best-22-2016-return-of-eric-mackenzie-to-sure-up-defence-does-mitch-brown-slot-in/news-story/08dd28a73ba63a07a85d5f3e85dbee35#load-story-comments

WEST COAST’S BEST 22

B: Sharrod Wellingham, Eric Mackenzie, Shannon Hurn,

HB: Brad Sheppard, Jeremy McGovern, Will Schofield

C: Elliot Yeo, Matt Priddis, Chris Masten

HF: Lewis Jetta, Jack Darling, Jamie Cripps,

F: Marc LeCras, Josh Kennedy, Josh Hill

FOLL: Nic Naitanui, Luke Shuey, Andrew Gaff

I/C: Dom Sheed, Scott Lycett, Liam Duggan, Jack Redden

EMERGENCY: Sam Butler, Xavier Ellis, Mitchell Brown

Gigantor

This is why I will only pick Brown on my bench if there are literally no other options come round one, he won't be as solid as his brother was this year

I like that 22, only Hills spot has a question mark over it imo, not sure who would replace him haha one out of Butler, Ellis, Brown or Hutchings

Would also change the structure slightly, Hill>Bench, Cripps>FP, Masten>HFF, Gaff>Wing, Redden>Foll

LF

I feel that Brown will play when we need him to,depending on the team we are playing that week.

If Hill were to come out,I reckon McGovern is swung forward and one of Ellis,Brown or Butler comes in for Hill.

I also reckon Lycett is not a walk up best 22,he needs to improve a bit still.

Gigantor

Quote from: LF on December 30, 2015, 02:24:48 PM
I feel that Brown will play when we need him to,depending on the team we are playing that week.

If Hill were to come out,I reckon McGovern is swung forward and one of Ellis,Brown or Butler comes in for Hill.

Hadn't really considered not playing Lycett, do you think NicNat could handle solo rucking with guys like Gov and Schofield giving him a chop out?

LF

Quote from: Gigantor on December 30, 2015, 02:36:22 PM
Quote from: LF on December 30, 2015, 02:24:48 PM

Hadn't really considered not playing Lycett, do you think NicNat could handle solo rucking with guys like Gov and Schofield giving him a chop out?

He'll be given the first chance and if he isn't going well,I guess they'll give Giles a run if he is going well in the WAFL.
We also have McInnes who can ruck as well and then the other guys that can pitch in as well.
Not sure if Nic Nat could ruck solo just yet and he also is nice to have resting down fwd at times.

LF

An updated best 22 for us

B: Will Schofield, Eric Mackenzie, Shannon Hurn
HB: Brad Sheppard, Jeremy McGovern, Sharrod Wellingham
C: Andrew Gaff, Matt Priddis, Lewis Jetta
HF: Chris Masten, Jack Darling, Mark LeCras
F: Jamie Cripps, Josh Kennedy, Josh Hill
FOLL: Nic Naitanui, Elliot Yeo, Luke Shuey
INT: Xavier Ellis, Jack Redden, Liam Duggan, Scott Lycett

There's a lot of depth in the Eagles' squad and it is a difficult side to select. Midfielders such as Dom Sheed and Mark Hutchings could easily slot into the line-up but injury-interrupted summers and the arrival of Jack Redden and Lewis Jetta mean they might get squeezed out. Scott Lycett will get the first crack at the second ruck spot but Jonathan Giles will push him. Jeremy McGovern is required in defence but he will swing forward at stages depending on what the team requires. Veterans such as Sam Butler and Mitch Brown are likely to be depth players in 2016. Jackson Nelson is also pushing for a berth in the back six.

Really disagree that Sheed is not in our best 22 he definitely is might miss the first couple depending how he pulls up from playing for East Perth this week but he will be there.
Agree with Nelson,I thought he did quite well when he played the few last season and I thought his NAB was decent as well so can see him pushing for some more game time this season.

Gigantor

I think Nelson, Butler and Ellis are fighting for one spot
Sheed could come in for Josh Hill, too inconsistent for me
Brown might get a gig over Lycett if we are playing a team with weak ruck stocks

RaisyDaisy

Ellis OUT, Sheed IN

I love Butler too, so he needs to be squeezed in somewhere

elephants

Fair to say nobody had Tommy Barrass in there! Gun!

LF

Quote from: elephants on August 31, 2016, 05:17:00 PM
Fair to say nobody had Tommy Barrass in there! Gun!

He was amazing on Friday,we need to make sure we take good care of him and make sure we keep him as well