31 Harry Marsh
38 Colin O'Riordan
41 Tom Papley
43 Lewis Melican
45 Jordan Foote
46 Sam Murray (B)
47 Kyle Galloway (B)

Capper

Harry Marsh was delisted but was reselected in the Rookie draft.

I feel sorry for the Elephant

SydneyRox

Quote from: Capper on November 27, 2015, 01:09:44 PM
Harry Marsh was delisted but was reselected in the Rookie draft.

I feel sorry for the Elephant

in the room??

I am sorry Lil LLoyd Perris didnt get another crack.

Capper

Capper

Adam Curley has put together his best 22 for the Swans on 2016

B: Dane Rampe, Ted Richards, Nick Smith
HB: Zak Jones, Heath Grundy, Jarrad McVeigh
C: Dan Hannebery, Josh Kennedy, Kieren Jack
HF: Isaac Heeney, Sam Reid, Harry Cunningham
F: Callum Sinclair, Lance Franklin,Ben McGlynn
Foll: Kurt Tippett, Luke Parker, Tom Mitchell
I/C: Callum Mills, Jake Lloyd, Jeremy Laidler, Dean Towers

DEPTH
Key-position defenders: Aliir Aliir, Michael Talia, Xavier Richards
General defenders: Alex Johnson, Lewis Melican*, Nick Newman*, Colin O'Riordan*
Key-position forwards: Nil
General forwards: Brandon Jack, Tom Papley*, Gary Rohan, James Rose
Midfielders: Abe Davis, Jordan Dawson, Jordan Foote*, George Hewett, Jack Hiscox, Tyrone Leonardis, Harry Marsh*, Sam Murray*, Dan Robinson
Rucks: Tom Derickx, Kyle Galloway*, Sam Naismith, Toby Nankervis

The retirement of Adam Goodes, Rhyce Shaw and Mike Pyke robs the Swans of plenty of premiership experience, but they have recruited well and should have the young players to step up. Zak Jones spent time in defence in the second half of 2015 and should get first crack at Shaw's vacant role with his impressive speed and foot skills. Callum Sinclair slots straight into the side as the back-up ruckman with Kurt Tippett assuming the No.1 role from Pyke. Star draftee Callum Mills should play straight away, while an injury free Ben McGlynn also helps cover the loss of Goodes. Elsewhere, Jeremy Laidler can replace Jones against taller opposition and will battle former Dog Michael Talia for a spot down back, while renowned tacklers Brandon Jack and Gary Rohan need more offensive output if they're to win a spot in the forward line. - Adam Curley

Capper

I dont think Mills gets starts next year due to the fact that he has only played about 12 games in the last 2 year. If he is fit i think he beats Dean Towers in to the best 22.

My team:
Talia in, Rampe to HB, Macca to Wing, KJack to HF, Cunners to bench, Laidler dropped.
Gary Rohan in for Mills

B: Michael Talia, Ted Richards, Nick Smith
HB: Zak Jones, Heath Grundy, Dane Rampe
C: Dan Hannebery, Josh Kennedy, Jarrad McVeigh
HF: Isaac Heeney, Sam Reid, Kieren Jack
F: Callum Sinclair, Lance Franklin, Ben McGlynn
Foll: Kurt Tippett, Luke Parker, Tom Mitchell
I/C: Gary Rohan, Jake Lloyd, Harry Cunningham, Dean Towers

DEPTH
Key-position defenders: Aliir Aliir, Xavier Richards
General defenders: Jeremy Laidler, Alex Johnson, Lewis Melican*, Nick Newman*, Colin O'Riordan*
Key-position forwards: Abe Davis
General forwards: Brandon Jack, Tom Papley*, James Rose
Midfielders: Callum Mills, Jordan Dawson, Jordan Foote*, George Hewett, Jack Hiscox, Tyrone Leonardis, Harry Marsh*, Sam Murray*, Dan Robinson
Rucks: Tom Derickx, Kyle Galloway*, Sam Naismith, Toby Nankervis

iZander

With the inclusion of Sinclair in the ruck likely to push Tippet into the forward line more, do you think Sam Reid will be playing less forward time in 2016? :P

SydneyRox

Quote from: iZander on December 01, 2015, 12:03:34 AM
With the inclusion of Sinclair in the ruck likely to push Tippet into the forward line more, do you think Sam Reid will be playing less forward time in 2016? :P

prob the opposite mate. tippo is quite likely our #1 ruck option, unless Sinclair comes bursting out, tippo will play at least 60% ruck i would think

iZander

Quote from: SydneyRox on December 01, 2015, 12:12:20 AM
Quote from: iZander on December 01, 2015, 12:03:34 AM

prob the opposite mate. tippo is quite likely our #1 ruck option, unless Sinclair comes bursting out, tippo will play at least 60% ruck i would think
I like the sound of that :) But Sincliar also looked like a decent big target up forward as well :P

Capper

whats with all the tongue work?

The Swans are tall enough with out Sinclair with Buddy, Reid and Tippo.

Like Matty, i expect Tippo to be the no 1 ruck with Sinclair No 2. Whom ever isnt rucking will play FF with buddy scouting the HF line

j959

Quote from: Capper on December 01, 2015, 12:47:48 AM
whats with all the tongue work?

The Swans are tall enough with out Sinclair with Buddy, Reid and Tippo.

Like Matty, i expect Tippo to be the no 1 ruck with Sinclair No 2. Whom ever isnt rucking will play FF with buddy scouting the HF line
I don't like it ... Tippett as no1 ruck is a 'waste' - he needs to be closer to goal.
he's not a roaming half-fwd type and at best in the ruck he's a 'chop out' filler imo ...

LF

Didn't they basically tell Sinclair he will be number 1 ruck and that is why he decided to sign with Swans

Capper

Capper

Capper

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2015-12-14/franklin-talia-undergo-minor-surgery

Buddy having surgery on his finger
QuoteFull-forward Lance Franklin will have an operation to repair a recurring finger injury, but will be fit to return to training as scheduled in January.

Franklin, who hasn’t missed a session since returning to training on November 30, has opted for the minor operation to repair a bone spur which has hindered his ball handling so far this pre-season.

Head Physiotherapist and Rehabilitation Coordinator Matt Cameron said the procedure shouldn’t hinder Franklin’s program during the Christmas break before the players return on January 4.

Talia running but know contact yet, McVeigh only doing bike work, Jones improving
QuoteTalia dislocated a finger during a tackling drill and has since had surgery to repair the injury while McVeigh and Jones continued steady comebacks from respective knee operations during the off-season.

Cameron said McVeigh’s procedure, to repair damaged knee cartilage, was more extensive with the co-captain unable to run for the past three months.

Parker back to full training, KJack, Reid, McGlynn, Heeney, Foote and Naismith on modified training,
QuoteLuke Parker, Kieren Jack and Sam Reid are continuing to make steady progress in their recovery from season ending injuries.

Parker (ankle) has already joined the main group for full training while Jack (knee) and Reid (hamstring) have been completing modified sessions and should re-join the squad in mid-January.

Ben McGlynn (calf), Isaac Heeney (knee), Jordan Foote (shin) and Sam Naismith (groin) are on modified programs with the intent of nursing them back into full training in the coming weeks.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2015-12-15/parker-returns-to-full-training

A lot of injuries for the Swnas preseason, hopefully this doesnt mean a slow start to the season.

No mention of how Mills is progressing