AXV: OFFICIAL TRADE THREAD (2015/16)

Started by BB67th, September 20, 2015, 06:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Laos give: Brodie Smith + Michael Barlow
Crocs give: Dylan Roberton, Kamdyn McIntosh + Sam Lloyd

I see Roberton as an upgrade on Smith and I believe Smith may eventually be mid only whereas Roberton a career defender. Barlow to Kamdyn is a downgrade, but I have enough starting quality that Barlow is expendable. Sam Lloyd is a forward who knows where the goals are and is suited to this comp's scoring system and I believe makes up the difference between Kamdyn and Barlow.

Rico to confirm.

Ricochet

Quote from: Nige on September 20, 2015, 10:15:21 PM
Crocs give: Dylan Roberton, Kamdyn McIntosh + Sam Lloyd

I see Roberton as an upgrade on Smith and I believe Smith may eventually be mid only whereas Roberton a career defender. Barlow to Kamdyn is a downgrade, but I have enough starting quality that Barlow is expendable. Sam Lloyd is a forward who knows where the goals are and is suited to this comp's scoring system and I believe makes up the difference between Kamdyn and Barlow.

Rico to confirm.
Confirmed.

Ricochet

ok Nige and I don't think we should have to do this, but we've agreed to upgrade our deal a little. Nige has asked to improve Lloyd to Frawley

Crocs give: Dylan Roberton + James Frawley + Kamdyn McIntosh

Nige to confirm

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on September 21, 2015, 12:31:43 AM
ok Nige and I don't think we should have to do this, but we've agreed to upgrade our deal a little. Nige has asked to improve Lloyd to Frawley

Nige to confirm
Confirmed. Basically what Rico said. Frawley's an upgrade on Lloyd and helps boost my defensive depth, he's a better option than guys like Stratton etc because he occasionally plays forward and is probably a small chance of DPP.

Disregard the original deal.

Nige

Small time trade.

Laos give: Damien Cavka
Taiwan give: Nick Holman

Cavka's not really in my future plans and should be a good player, whereas I think Holman's got a good future ahead of him down back for the Blues under Bolton.

Memph to confirm.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Nige on September 21, 2015, 12:32:02 PM
Small time trade.

Cavka's not really in my future plans and should be a good player, whereas I think Holman's got a good future ahead of him down back for the Blues under Bolton.

Memph to confirm.

Confirm.

I need more midfield depth and have plenty of defenders so was happy to do this one. I think both have similar levels of talent - unfortunately Cavka had his year ruined by injury but, before that he was showing good signs.

BB67th

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 20, 2015, 09:26:07 PM
Quote from: Rids on September 20, 2015, 07:42:44 PM

Bangkok give: L. McDonald
PNG give: B. Lennon

Rusty to confirm
Confirmed. We have a number of forwards on our list and not many defenders (only had 2 defenders on our list playing in Rd.23 this year).

CONFIRMED

Reasoning: Fairly straightforward trade I would think here. Young forward for young defender, both of whom are good prospects for the future.

Quote from: Nige on September 20, 2015, 10:10:55 PM
Quote from: Rids on September 20, 2015, 07:44:42 PM

Bangkok give: T. Membrey
Laos give: D. McKenzie

Nige to confirm
Confirmed.

Taking a punt on Membrey coming good as a depth forward for me, happy to cough up McKenzie for him.

CONFIRMED

Reasoning: Couple of depth players being traded here, similar in worth.

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 21, 2015, 02:36:03 PM
Quote from: Nige on September 21, 2015, 12:32:02 PM
Small time trade.

Memph to confirm.

CONFIRMED

Reasoning: Again, two young players who haven't done too much in the AFL yet, but have a bit of potential and have fairly even value.

Quote from: Nige on September 21, 2015, 10:13:11 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 21, 2015, 12:31:43 AM

Nige to confirm
Confirmed. Basically what Rico said. Frawley's an upgrade on Lloyd and helps boost my defensive depth, he's a better option than guys like Stratton etc because he occasionally plays forward and is probably a small chance of DPP.

Disregard the original deal.

CONFIRMED

Reasoning: Now this is a contentious one, so let's break down the trade.
Smith (20 games, 93 avg, 23 yrs old) + Barlow (22 games, 121 avg, 28 almost 29 years old)
for
Roberton (20 games, 108 avg, 24 yrs old) + Frawley (14 games, 70 avg, nearly 28 years old) + McIntosh (22 games, 86 avg, 21 years old)
From that I see Roberton as being superior to Smith, and Smith also has the possibility of losing his DEF status in the next season or two in the way he has been used. McIntosh is a young defender (which are hard to find who score decently in this format) who did play every game this year and scored decently. Frawley will also be useful depth. The way I see it:

Roberton>Smith
Barlow > Frawley + McIntosh

While I don't see this trade as being perfectly even, it is not too uneven so that it should not pass in my view. I realise that may not be the most popular view, but it is the view I have on the trade.

Rids

Barlow turns 28 in December. He is currently 27.

BB67th

Quote from: Rids on September 21, 2015, 06:10:05 PM
Barlow turns 28 in December. He is currently 27.
My mistake, that's correct.

Still, in my view, that doesn't sway this trade enough to have it blocked.

JBs-Hawks

tbagrocks

Quote from: Rids on September 20, 2015, 07:38:20 PM
Nice simple one to start with...

Bangkok give: A. Miles
Tibet give: E. Yeo

Tbag to confirm
Confirm

PowerBug

Kathmandu give: Peter Wright, Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
Taiwan give: Sam Wright

I needed another starting back (I still need one more), and gave up two young lads unfortunately. I gotta stop trading my youth I always do it with every XVs team I get...

Memph to confirm.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: PowerBug on September 22, 2015, 08:51:27 PM
Kathmandu give: Peter Wright, Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
Taiwan give: Sam Wright

I needed another starting back (I still need one more), and gave up two young lads unfortunately. I gotta stop trading my youth I always do it with every XVs team I get...

Memph to confirm.

Confirm. 

Sam Wright is a big loss as he was a starting defender for us and had a bit of a breakout season this year.

However, Two-Metre Peter Wright is going to be a star of the competition in the future so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to acquire him.

Should be a forward/ruck when he's in his prime and getting games this season was just a bonus for him and should see him progress faster. Viojo-Rainbow is talented as well and hopefully a long-term replacement for Sam Wright in our defence.

Ricochet

KL Crocs Give: N57 + N73
Kathmandu Give: N43

PB to confirm

PowerBug

Quote from: Ricochet on September 23, 2015, 08:52:21 PM
KL Crocs Give: N57 + N73
Kathmandu Give: N43

PB to confirm
What even are 3rd round draft picks? I don't have any. This lets me upgrade the 3 kids I want now. Confirmed.