Main Menu

Finals footy 2015

Started by quinny88, September 07, 2015, 11:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Let's hope this thread lasts a bit longer than the past 2 years! Simply have to win a final this year.
Think we are better setup/prepared this year than any other but will it be enough?

What changes do we want to see to the side? Personally my 22 for the game would be

FB: Vlastuin, Rance, Batchelor
HB: Houli, Chaplin, Grimes
C:   Ellis, Martin, McIntosh
HF: Deledio, Riewoldt, Grigg
FF: Lloyd, Vickery, Edwards
Fol: Maric, Cotchin, Miles

I/C: Lambert, Hunt, Newman, sub: Lennon

Bill Manspeaker

I have you guys winning your first final against the Roos, then losing to either Freo or Sydney in the semi

wouldn't surprise me if ya's beat Freo or Sydney though. you can match it with the best of them so we'll just have to see

good luck Tiges fans

Big Mac

Would rather watch Richmond against Freo/Sydney so I guess I'll be rooting for the tiges

Jroo

Got my tickets in the morning! Going to be massive.

Must win.

Agree with Quinny,  no changes for me unless Conca gets up?

Nige

Yep, that 22 is spot on. Unless there's an injury, I'd roll with that.

I think I'd prefer Lennon to start over Lloyd. I like Lloyd as the sub and Beatle's marking ability gives us another option up forward if and when the Roos try to shut Jack and/or Tyrone down.

PowerBug

I reckon the Tigers are better than last year so they will do better than last year. So they will make it to the opening bounce before things go wrong at least ;D (Does Cotchin know which way the breeze is going this Sunday??)

This will be a ripper game, at the MCG you'd have to think Richmond, but I really like Norfs chances of taking this out.

Good luck though guys, you've certainly got the most loyal supporters (Bar Nigey, how are the Suns going mate? ;) I haven't forgotten) so I hope your team can find a win for you. :)

Holz

Our B graders can beat you guys, we simply just took the foot off the pedal in the second half wanting to play you this week. What happens when we have our best squad and we try.

Another season with no Finals wins, I do feel some empathy to tiger fans.

quinny88

Quote from: Holz on September 08, 2015, 11:52:20 AM
Our B graders can beat you guys, we simply just took the foot off the pedal in the second half wanting to play you this week. What happens when we have our best squad and we try.

Another season with no Finals wins, I do feel some empathy to tiger fans.

I'm not taking the bait  :-X

quinny88

Quote from: Nige on September 08, 2015, 11:22:11 AM
Yep, that 22 is spot on. Unless there's an injury, I'd roll with that.

I think I'd prefer Lennon to start over Lloyd. I like Lloyd as the sub and Beatle's marking ability gives us another option up forward if and when the Roos try to shut Jack and/or Tyrone down.

Not sure who I would prefer to start because I think Lloyd makes more of a scoreboard impact. Won't be too fussed either way though

Toga

Nige

Sounds like Conca might come in.

You'd think one of Lennon/Lloyd would likely make way.

I think it could be Lloyd who comes out and then Lennon starting in the vest.

quinny88

Apparently Wells might play for them  :o surely not?
I wouldn't mind if he did. Would be well underdone.

Conca is an interesting one. Good player but do you roll the dice with someone that's missed so much footy?

Holz

Quote from: quinny88 on September 09, 2015, 03:17:51 PM
Apparently Wells might play for them  :o surely not?
I wouldn't mind if he did. Would be well underdone.

Conca is an interesting one. Good player but do you roll the dice with someone that's missed so much footy?

its kind of like running your championship horse up against a donkey for confidence. We need wells for Sydney that's definitely a winnable game.

Nige

Read an article just before with a pretty interesting stat.

We've won 16 of the past 17 games where we've outscored the opposition in the first quarter.

Holz

Quote from: Nige on September 10, 2015, 02:18:11 PM
Read an article just before with a pretty interesting stat.

We've won 16 of the past 17 games where we've outscored the opposition in the first quarter.

You have won 17 of the past 17 games where you've outscored the opposition in the game :P

its a good stat. I think the Tiges rely on confidence alot. i think north will want to come out hard (like we did last week)