AXV: TRADE DISCUSSION (2015/16)

Started by BB67th, August 19, 2015, 09:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rids

Quote from: Nige on September 21, 2015, 10:10:14 AM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 21, 2015, 02:32:33 AM
Quote from: Jayman on September 20, 2015, 11:54:33 PM
I just cannot believe that it took less than a day of the thread being opened for someone to trade a gun mid to the Crocs for not much in return. Have we not seen their list?

If you guys want to see a Dublin 2.0 then fair enough, but far out..

Well one of the weaker sides in Taiwan wanted Barlow and tried to put in an offer but, we couldn't compete.

This was what I was talking about in the rules dicussion thread.
I honestly had a hard time between picking between your offer and Rico's dude. In the end, it was Rico being willing to trade Roberton that made me choose his deal.

Had these blokes on the table for a while, pretty sure Memph was like the only other person who even made an offer for Barlow, or at least one worth seriously considering.

If people feel so strongly, maybe they should have actually voted in a system where they could have a say in whether the trade goes through or not. If the admin is swayed by public opinion on the matter and doesn't actually consider the reasons for the trade, I'd be disappointed.

No one wants a system where it goes to a popularity vote based on the best interests of coaches teams.

Trades will always provoke discussion so wouldnt take it personally.

PowerBug

Quote from: Rids on September 21, 2015, 10:18:33 AM
No one wants a system where it goes to a popularity vote based on the best interests of coaches teams.

So why did you not vote for Option C? This way, you have ZERO say in whether the trade goes through. You can discuss it all you like, but admin make the final call as that is how we voted. So BB67th can just ignore everything that has been said (As he should) and just make the call based on what he sees.

So I hope this trade passes just to annoy the rest of you.

Barlow did have a pretty poor season, I don't think he's as golden as he's being played out to be. His top fantasy status is gone I think. When he gets D/M next year though this trade will look pretty bad.

Jay

Quote from: PowerBug on September 21, 2015, 10:46:02 AM

So why did you not vote for Option C? This way, you have ZERO say in whether the trade goes through. You can discuss it all you like, but admin make the final call as that is how we voted. So BB67th can just ignore everything that has been said (As he should) and just make the call based on what he sees.

Barlow did have a pretty poor season, I don't think he's as golden as he's being played out to be. His top fantasy status is gone I think. When he gets D/M next year though this trade will look pretty bad.
Sure Barlow did have a down season. But he doesn't have to be elite in order to make this trade completely unfair, he just has to be a fair bit better than Kamdyn Mcintosh and James Frawley...

Rids

Quote from: PowerBug on September 21, 2015, 10:46:02 AM

Firstly, you have no idea what we voted for. Also this is the trade discussion thread last time I checked so why not discuss the trade? This is how it has been for many years now. The admin say is final which is fine but it should not stop people voicing their opinion on the proposed trade. If the trade is passed it passes and people move on. Definitely won't annoy us if it passes as we have aired our thoughts.

Secondly, Barlow averaged 120+ in a poor season which included that vested half time 4 disposal game where he scored 25. It is a very shrewd trade by Rico as he has scored another premium mid for basement price so kudos to him.

PowerBug

Quote from: Jayman on September 21, 2015, 10:49:56 AM
Sure Barlow did have a down season. But he doesn't have to be elite in order to make this trade completely unfair, he just has to be a fair bit better than Kamdyn Mcintosh and James Frawley...
KMac averaged 86 in his first year of footy. James Frawley averged 70 and got subbed off about 20 times this season. Frawley is 27, KMac is 21. Barlow is 27.

Roberton is 4 years younger than Smith, he averaged more than Smith by 15 points (108 to 93), Smith might not return to 2014 standard, who knows how the concussion will affect him going forward.
(Forget this one, Google screwed me over here)

I don't see it as a trade that should be negged. I see it as a trade that Nigey loses, but he could easily win it when we look back on it next year.

Memphistopheles

On the subject of trade discussions - Tbag why didn't you shop Yeo around.

I would have paid a much bigger premium than what Bangkok did to get one of my favourite players  :'(.

Also if you're still happy with our deal post it up and I'll confirm.

Rids

Quote from: PowerBug on September 21, 2015, 11:01:23 AM
KMac averaged 86 in his first year of footy. James Frawley averged 70 and got subbed off about 20 times this season. Frawley is 27, KMac is 21. Barlow is 27.

Roberton is 4 years younger than Smith, he averaged more than Smith by 15 points (108 to 93), Smith might not return to 2014 standard, who knows how the concussion will affect him going forward.

I don't see it as a trade that should be negged. I see it as a trade that Nigey loses, but he could easily win it when we look back on it next year.

Brodie Smith is 23. Roberton is 24.

PowerBug

Quote from: Rids on September 21, 2015, 11:03:13 AM

Ugh, I google Brodie Smith I get some American. :-[ Retract my previous comment :P

Rids

Quote from: PowerBug on September 21, 2015, 11:05:27 AM

Ugh, I google Brodie Smith I get some American. :-[ Retract my previous comment :P

On top of that it is very likely Lake retires this year so Frawley plays perm back. Frawley only had 2 red vests as well for the year. McIntosh played every game this year but is fringe at best with the kids coming through. His disposal efficiency is 68% this year and some of his turnovers were game changers. Nige knows this as a fellow Tiger so that is his decision. He is aware of the risks.

At the end of the day, it sees a very strong team get 2 more on field starters in Smith and Barlow while the other strong team only gets one in return and they hope they someone steps up. Memph is correct with what he was saying about equality in teams. I am still a little shocked that a contender would make a fellow contender stronger on field but as I keep saying each to their own.

If the trade passes it passes. I wont add anything else to the discussion.

Jay

I think it's a dreadful trade and shouldn't come close to getting passed, but I respect whatever BB decides and won't say anything more on the matter :)

110avg defender, Kade Simpson is on the table. If you want him, PM me :)

nrich102

I reckon most you guys are jut butthurt you didn't get Barlow yourselves :P

The trade is questionable, but it really isn't as bad as you guys seem to think it is.

fanTCfool

Sounds like someone got the Frisbee icon, Brodie Smith
Bit of a wâš", but has some decent trick shots  ::)

Nige

Quote from: nrich102 on September 21, 2015, 01:32:11 PM
I'd agree if they actually made offers.  :P

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: nrich102 on September 21, 2015, 01:32:11 PM

The trade is questionable, but it really isn't as bad as you guys seem to think it is.
i

Says the guy who gifted the lambs the flag

Ricochet

Quote from: Rids on September 21, 2015, 11:17:27 AM

On top of that it is very likely Lake retires this year so Frawley plays perm back. Frawley only had 2 red vests as well for the year. McIntosh played every game this year but is fringe at best with the kids coming through. His disposal efficiency is 68% this year and some of his turnovers were game changers. Nige knows this as a fellow Tiger so that is his decision. He is aware of the risks.

At the end of the day, it sees a very strong team get 2 more on field starters in Smith and Barlow while the other strong team only gets one in return and they hope they someone steps up. Memph is correct with what he was saying about equality in teams. I am still a little shocked that a contender would make a fellow contender stronger on field but as I keep saying each to their own.

If the trade passes it passes. I wont add anything else to the discussion.
How is McIntosh fringe when he plays every game in a year that the team makes finals? Especially with Newman retiring. You say the kids coming through will over take him but he is a kid also and why can't he develop and improve as well? Disposal efficiency is also improved with age and 68% isn't shocking at all. Andrew Gaff goes at 71%.

And why does Frawley as a perma back limit his scoring? Gibson and Lake have can score decent numbers in that Hawks backline. He may just need to settle. Plus his flexibility of def/fwd helps

At the end of the day Nige offered it to us and its broken down like
Nige sees Roberton > Smith
Barlow (who turns 29 next year and even I'll admit he has been overtaken by Neale in our midfield) = the overflow from the above, plus a 21yr old def/mid who averaged 95unsubbed in his first full year, plus a solid def/fwd.

That's how its broken down and its perfectly fine. Others tried to beat it but couldn't. It's only controvesial because its youth plus another solid player for an old premo, but trades aren't always premos for premos.