Main Menu

New numbers

Started by Bill Manspeaker, July 23, 2015, 07:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Pkbaldy on December 15, 2015, 02:45:18 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on December 15, 2015, 02:01:52 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on December 15, 2015, 01:56:31 PM
I swear we were the last team to announce the new jumper numbers... 10 days to Christmas and my nephew wants the Saints jumper with Carlisle's new number on it... haha
Tell him that Nroo or Billings would be better role models hahaha

He changed to the Saints because Carlisle went there (Ex Essendon Supporter, only 5 years old. What a champion move) . And the next player he likes best at the Saints is Billings. So I might have to get him that if I can't get Carlisle by Xmas.
it'd be kinda poetic if he got 15 cos Billings and his family were once Essendon supporters too  ;D

Bill Manspeaker

flowerin finally! ;D

http://m.saints.com.au/news/2015-12-17/nine-new-numbers-in-2016

QuotePrized trade period acquisitions, Jake Carlisle and Nathan Freeman, have both been handed famous St Kilda guernsey numbers, whilst father-son recruit Bailey Rice will wear his father’s old number, after the Saints announced their 2016 playing numbers on Thursday morning.

Nine new numbers were assigned ahead of next season, among the changes were two changes for current players with livewire forward, Jack Lonie, shuffling from No. 37 to Adam Schneider’s No. 13, and key position prospect, Hugh Goddard, shifting from No. 33 to No. 23 â€" a number made famous by Stewart Loewe.

Former Essendon swingman, Carlisle, will wear No.2 at the Saints, after the club allocated the 24-year-old the historic number made famous by the second longest serving captain in the clubs history, Danny Frawley, as well as another former captain, Aaron Hamill, Tony Brown and 1966 premiership player Brian Mynott.

Highly rated midfielder, Freeman, has been handed an equally significant number, with the injury plagued youngster set to wear No. 10 at St Kilda. The former Magpie will be hoping to emulate 1958 Brownlow medallist and Saints Hall of Famer, Neil Roberts, who wore the number with distinction. As did Carl Ditterich on 203 occasions, and team of the century half-forward flanker, Bill Mohr during the 1930s.

First-round draft pick, Jade Gresham, will wear Farren Ray’s No.22 in his debut season, whilst fellow draftee, Brandon White, has been handed 1925 Brownlow medallist, Colin Watson’s No. 31 guernsey.

Rookie selection’s Nick O’Kearney and Nick Coughlan have been assigned No. 33 and No. 38 respectively, with 2015 under-18 All-Australian, O’Kearney, receiving Goddard’s 2015 playing number before he switched to No. 23 (which was most recently worn by Spencer White).

enzedder

Of all the new numbers Bailey getting dad's 37 is the most significant. Dean was a great player for us. I enjoyed watching him play back in the day. Was hard seeing him do well in a Carlton jumper.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: enzedder on December 20, 2015, 07:42:45 PM
Of all the new numbers Bailey getting dad's 37 is the most significant. Dean was a great player for us. I enjoyed watching him play back in the day. Was hard seeing him do well in a Carlton jumper.
I can't really remember Dean when he was playing for us. debuted the year I was born and left when I was 6. stoked Bailey inherited his number. hopefully plays for us a bit longer than his old man!

another one I'm happy with (well I'm happy with all of them) is Gresh in 22. I guessed he was gonna get 31 and would have moved to 11 once Montagna retired. but 22 looks like it's gonna suit him so well ;D
maybe they're planning for Sinclair yo take over 11? either that or make 40 his own. I'm happy either way!

Bill Manspeaker

last few weeks there's been talk on BF that Brucey might make the switch to 9 and Paddy to 4

that'd be so good to have 4 and 9 back to big key forwards. hope it happens ;D

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Banned on November 27, 2016, 02:40:16 PM
last few weeks there's been talk on BF that Brucey might make the switch to 9 and Paddy to 4

I want Paddy to keep his number!! Suits him haha

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 28, 2016, 08:27:10 AM
Quote from: Banned on November 27, 2016, 02:40:16 PM

I want Paddy to keep his number!! Suits him haha
yeah I reckon he looks good in it but it just feels like it was meant to be (although that's how I felt about Paddy getting the 4 before Eli got it)

the stars have aligned and we get another shot at it!

Bill Manspeaker

Pkbaldy

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 30, 2016, 10:05:02 PM
Quote from: Banned on November 30, 2016, 06:14:37 PM
haha nup maybe it's not meant to be

Gresh moves to number 4

http://m.saints.com.au/news/2016-11-30/gresham-inherits-famous-no-4

A guy deserving of the number!!
I was so convinced Paddy was going to 4! apparently he was asked if he wanted to change but he said no. sounds like you were on it and he wants to make 32 his own!

and yeah 4 will suit little Gresh awesome anyway

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on November 30, 2016, 11:18:31 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 30, 2016, 10:05:02 PM
Quote from: Banned on November 30, 2016, 06:14:37 PM
haha nup maybe it's not meant to be

Gresh moves to number 4

http://m.saints.com.au/news/2016-11-30/gresham-inherits-famous-no-4

A guy deserving of the number!!
I was so convinced Paddy was going to 4! apparently he was asked if he wanted to change but he said no. sounds like you were on it and he wants to make 32 his own!

and yeah 4 will suit little Gresh awesome anyway

Yup, making your own path instead of following others. Paddy is a champ.

Bill Manspeaker

Sinclair into 35!

http://m.saints.com.au/news/2016-12-01/sinclair-humbled-to-receive-harveys-no-35

QuoteHaving followed the Saints as a young boy and grown up idolising Harvey, Sinclair said it was an honour to receive the dual Brownlow medallist’s famous digits.

“When they offered it to me I was more than happy to say yes. I watched a lot of the Sainter’s growing up and Robert Harvey was one of my favourite players to watch across the whole league,” Sinclair told saints.com.au before departing for the clubs pre-season camp in New Zealand.

“So it was a bit of a no brainer really, it’s a certainly a pretty big number in the history of our club; it’s a real honour to be able to wear it going forward.”

love it!

Bill Manspeaker

apparently Jack Steele is getting number 9. hope he does better than Tom Lee haha

Bill Manspeaker

all numbers have been revealed!

http://m.saints.com.au/news/2016-12-03/saints-reveal-2017-numbers

Gresh 4
Steele 9
Long 21
Brown 22
Stevens 25
Battle 26
Phillips 30
Sincs 35
Joyce 39
Connellan 40
Marshall 43
Barclay Miller 47

Bill Manspeaker

The St Kilda Football Club has opted to temporarily retire the number 12, worn by retired champion Nick Riewoldt, for at least the 2018 season.

After seeing Riewoldt through 336 games and twelve years as captain, Saints CEO Matt Finnis said it would be the first time in more than 25 years the number 12 would not be in the St Kilda line-up.

“We believe, and I know it's a view shared by many St Kilda supporters, that temporarily retiring the number 12 is the right call and honours the legacy Nick has created over past seventeen years,” Finnis said.

“We know that it will be strange for many to see a Saints team without it, but I have no doubt that the day will come where we see the number 12 being proudly represented in the red, white and black again.”

Six new Saints were today presented with their new numbers with champion Leigh Montagna on hand to pass on his number 11 to new draftee Hunter Clark, while Sean Dempster presented number 24 to cousin and Saints recruit, Logan Austin.

“It’s a huge honour to be given Joey’s number,” Clark said.

“I’ve grown up watching him play and if I can have a career half as good as his I’d be happy.”

Austin said it was an incredible feeling to be able to continue his family’s legacy in the number 24.

“Sean has been a massive role model to me growing up and it really means a lot to be able to take on his number as I start my career at the Saints.”

Numbers were also presented to new St Kilda additions Nick Coffield (33), Oscar Clavarino (38), Ben Paton (45) and Doulton Langlands (46).

11 â€" Hunter Clark
24 â€" Logan Austin
33 â€" Nick Coffield
38 â€" Oscar Clavarino
45 â€" Ben Paton
46 â€" Doulton Langlands