Harley Bennell

Started by Torpedo10, April 13, 2015, 10:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Quote from: Ricochet on May 07, 2015, 10:57:42 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on May 06, 2015, 11:54:32 PM
Umm you guys realise he was suspended in the pre-season for the same thing right?

But trading him is just plain stupid
and he used to play up as a kid before he got drafted too.

So he enjoys a drink - any other off-field issues to speak of though?

Mat0369

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 08, 2015, 12:11:14 AM

KHunt was his mentor

Ricochet

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 08, 2015, 12:11:14 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on May 07, 2015, 10:57:42 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on May 06, 2015, 11:54:32 PM
Umm you guys realise he was suspended in the pre-season for the same thing right?

But trading him is just plain stupid
and he used to play up as a kid before he got drafted too.

Not 100% any more but he wasn't quite a Dayle Garlett level, but still had a crack

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/harley-bennell-tried-to-fight-herald-suns-mark-robinson-at-brownlow-medal-count/story-fniv6860-1227345889900?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=PerthNow&utm_medium=Twitter

HERALD Sun chief football writer Mark Robinson says suspended Gold Coast Suns midfielder Harley Bennell tried to fight him at last year’s Brownlow Medal count.

The Suns suspended Bennell this week, along with teammates Trent McKenzie and Brandon Matera, after they breached team drinking rules by drinking on Sunday afternoon.

Robinson, speaking on SEN, said he’d seen the alcohol problem at the Suns first-hand when Bennell aggressively approached him during the 2014 Brownlow ceremony.

“One of the players who were suspended wanted to fight me at last year’s Brownlow Medal,” Robinson said.

McKenzie and Matera weren’t invited to the count.

“I’m out on the balcony having a dart and talking with Jonathan Brown and he (Bennell) came up and had a crack.”

“You know what he said? He said, ‘you think you know everything’.

Jonathan Brown stepped in to defuse the situation, but Bennell returned later and tried to remonstrate with Robinson a second time.

“Then Campbell Brown came out ... and he comes back again, Harley, and he has another crack,” Robinson recalled.

This time Brown â€" Bennell’s former teammate â€" was forced to intervene to prevent the confrontation from escalating.

“Campbell says, ‘he gets loose sometimes’ â€" coming from Campbell Brown,” Robinson said.

“He (Bennell) was just a little bit intoxicated.”

colmullet

He does sound like a bit of a knob

PICCOLLO

Drinking again?!?

Don't think I'll risk it despite his recent output.

auscoyote

Quote from: colmullet on May 08, 2015, 11:28:11 AM
He does sound like a bit of a knob

Yep, Robbo is a knob!

Not that i condone violence but it's a shame he didn't give him a crack, would be doing us all a favour :P

ronl

When it comes to Robbo, I reckon he's half-snockered most nights on his footy show. He's no more an expert on AFL footy than most of the guys on this site.  Don't like him much and don't agree with much of what he has to say. Harley should have hauled off and let him have one.

Mat0369

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-10/around-the-state-leagues-how-your-clubs-players-fared-in-the-weekends-second-tier

QuoteBennell had 40 touches, kicked two goals and had 10 clearances to be the best player on the ground as the Suns defeated Southport by 14 points.

elephants

Nice, now stay of the beers dickhead and produce similar numbers this week against your future team (maybe without the goals).

sammy123

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 11, 2015, 02:27:47 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-10/around-the-state-leagues-how-your-clubs-players-fared-in-the-weekends-second-tier

QuoteBennell had 40 touches, kicked two goals and had 10 clearances to be the best player on the ground as the Suns defeated Southport by 14 points.

On a side note from that article. Jack steele got mention. Been playing well apparently

_wato

40 touches, 2 goals, 10 clearances, BOG, kid is a jet.

And who said, he wouldn't try? 

Money Shot

I am bringing him in this week ...
Too risky?

Going for overall still (59th)

_wato

Quote from: Money Shot on May 14, 2015, 07:21:20 PM
Too risky?

Not at all mate, I have him in and have been very very happy with him (apart from last week)
Has sooo much talent and has been on the verge of exploding, and with all the injuries at GC this could be the year he finally goes 105+ and I think he will

Big Mac

Too risky?

Would rather Gray or Goddard but assuming you have them already if you are ranked 59th

Go for it

Money Shot

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 14, 2015, 07:23:51 PM
Too risky?

Would rather Gray or Goddard but assuming you have them already if you are ranked 59th

Go for it
Have Gray and I will get Goddard in next but think Bennell is going to go up and up from here on end and was just hoping you guys would boost my confidence :P