Main Menu

2015 H&A Discussion Thread

Started by Nige, March 25, 2015, 07:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Game day boys! Let's rip carlton a new one!

elephants

Supporting the Tiges tonight #sozBlues #winmemoneyTiges

Nige

Jroo

Good team performance tonight :)

crowls

Got to love this link from Dimma

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-04-01/cotchin-raring-to-go

Damien Hardwick says key duo Trent Cotchin and Brett Deledio will enter Thursday's clash against Carlton in peak fitness after carefully managed pre-season programs.

he must have meant "fit " not "match fit"!     Pity the poor buggers picking themselves of the floor last night.  Early days but Richmond supporterss who had cotchin, dusty and lids must be spewing.   Coordinator of my cash league flew home from Canada for this game.  LOL  ;D

Donnie Brasco

Griffiths looks like the man, could/should have kicked 4-5 goals.

I'll be surprised if Vickery returns, did we attempt to trade him last year?

shaker

Good win by the boys last night that's without huge numbers from Martin , Cotchin and Lids pleasing to see others taking the lead , the only concern for me was Morris in the forward line he looked all at sea , clumsy giving away 5 frees I know he is in the leadership group now and it's only one game but hard to see him long term in this side , to harsh ?

Nige

Quote from: Donnie Brasco on April 03, 2015, 08:52:28 AM

Griff was fantastic.

Vickery will be given every chance to prove himself and get back in the side. I think people forget that he averaged 2 goals a game last year and only remember his year for his hit on Cox.

Quote from: shaker on April 03, 2015, 09:42:17 AM
Good win by the boys last night that's without huge numbers from Martin , Cotchin and Lids pleasing to see others taking the lead , the only concern for me was Morris in the forward line he looked all at sea , clumsy giving away 5 frees I know he is in the leadership group now and it's only one game but hard to see him long term in this side , to harsh ?
Yeah, I agree with the first bit and partially the bit about Morris.

Morris is good, just not in last night's role.

shaker

Quote from: Nige on April 03, 2015, 11:13:31 AM
Quote from: Donnie Brasco on April 03, 2015, 08:52:28 AM

Griff was fantastic.

Vickery will be given every chance to prove himself and get back in the side. I think people forget that he averaged 2 goals a game last year and only remember his year for his hit on Cox.

Quote from: shaker on April 03, 2015, 09:42:17 AM
Yeah, I agree with the first bit and partially the bit about Morris.

Morris is good, just not in last night's role.

So the only place for him is the backline think we would have won by 40+ last night if we were not handing the ball back to the Blues so much in our forward line his attempts at tackles were crude and clumsy

Jroo

I thought Morris was good last night! Hardly touched the ball, but that's not his job.
Watching at the ground, his pressure + attack on the ball was great, really put the Carlton defence under pressure all night.

elephants

Morris, 3 touches 5 frees against. #gun

Toga

Great win to start the season, as a few have said it is good to see that we weren't reliant on Cotch, Lids, Dusty to perform for us to get the points.

Kamdyn and Hunt were fantastic, as was Riewoldt. Think he might be in for a big year. Good start!

shaker

Quote from: JROO8 on April 03, 2015, 11:58:31 AM
I thought Morris was good last night! Hardly touched the ball, but that's not his job.
Watching at the ground, his pressure + attack on the ball was great, really put the Carlton defence under pressure all night.

I know it's only 1 game JR but his performance on TV did not look very good his Pressure and attack and spoiling is fine in defence but in the forwards he needs to tackle correctly and hold the ball in there not keep giving it away with silly free kicks lets see how he goes next week because I'm pretty sure the coach would be very happy with how the ball came out of the backline last night and not want to change that setup in a hurry .

Jroo

Quote from: shaker on April 03, 2015, 12:22:34 PM

I know it's only 1 game JR but his performance on TV did not look very good his Pressure and attack and spoiling is fine in defence but in the forwards he needs to tackle correctly and hold the ball in there not keep giving it away with silly free kicks lets see how he goes next week because I'm pretty sure the coach would be very happy with how the ball came out of the backline last night and not want to change that setup in a hurry .
Haha Yeah, you're not the first person who said he was shower, watching on TV.
Yeah agreed about the stupid free kicks, but he can work on that. At least he's giving them away up forward, instead of directly in front in defence.

shaker

Quote from: JROO8 on April 03, 2015, 12:35:09 PM
Quote from: shaker on April 03, 2015, 12:22:34 PM

Haha Yeah, you're not the first person who said he was shower, watching on TV.
Yeah agreed about the stupid free kicks, but he can work on that. At least he's giving them away up forward, instead of directly in front in defence.

The coach will be right on to him this week about it , it costs goals and against better teams games .