Main Menu

2015 H&A Discussion Thread

Started by Nige, March 25, 2015, 07:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Not long to go now lads!

Thought I'd set this thread up for use over the season. All weekly talk pertaining to the season should hopefully be housed here.

Nige

The club is doing a list assessment of each line. They've started with the defenders.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-03-25/richmond-list-assessment-defenders

Some interesting snippets in the article, including Ben Lennon listed there.

It also sounds like Stevie Morris will be a small forward alongside Shane Edwards now. 

BigMac_93

Quote from: Nige on March 25, 2015, 07:26:54 PM
It also sounds like Stevie Morris will be a small forward alongside Shane Edwards now.

I am unsure about this. I though he was a pretty good defender against opposition small forwards.

Nige

Quote from: BigMac_93 on March 25, 2015, 10:48:05 PM
Quote from: Nige on March 25, 2015, 07:26:54 PM

I am unsure about this. I though he was a pretty good defender against opposition small forwards.
I'm still skeptical about it too. I much rather us try somebody like Lloyd, Gordon or McDonough in the small forward role.

Toga

If Morris plays anywhere except for back pocket on the nippy little small fellas then something's wrong!

quinny88

Quote from: Toga on March 26, 2015, 01:07:11 PM
If Morris plays anywhere except for back pocket on the nippy little small fellas then something's wrong!

Hardwick seems pretty set on making Vlastuin that player.
I'd personally have both of them back there but I guess there's always the option to move him back if need be.

I just don't think Moris has the goal sense to be the type of forward they want him to be.
Someone like Lloyd only needs half a sniff and he will snap a quick goal but Morris isn't that type imo.
His strengths are his tackle pressure and harassing which is handy up forward if you can finish off the work but in his case I think it's better suited down back

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on March 26, 2015, 04:03:27 PM
Quote from: Toga on March 26, 2015, 01:07:11 PM

Hardwick seems pretty set on making Vlastuin that player.
I'd personally have both of them back there but I guess there's always the option to move him back if need be.

I just don't think Moris has the goal sense to be the type of forward they want him to be.
Someone like Lloyd only needs half a sniff and he will snap a quick goal but Morris isn't that type imo.
His strengths are his tackle pressure and harassing which is handy up forward if you can finish off the work but in his case I think it's better suited down back
Yeah exactly, the main thing is converting your chances of shots on goal. I hope he proves us all wrong and justifies Dimma's move here.

Jroo

I know what Dimma is thinking, by putting Morris forward but I can't see it working. He's not a natural forward, as Quinny said he doesn't have the goal sense. But he's there for the defensive pressure. I'd rather play Lloyd over him as a fwd.

Ricochet

Hampson limping off in the VFL match apparently.

Ricochet

also

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-03-26/minor-setback-for-astbury

Richmond defender David Astbury is unlikely to be available for the Tigers’ Round 1 match against Carlton next Thursday night, after being stung by a stingray while doing recovery at a bayside beach on Wednesday.

Astbury underwent minor surgery today to clean the wound in his left foot, which was pierced by the stingray barb.

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on March 26, 2015, 06:14:09 PM
Hampson limping off in the VFL match apparently.
Ugh, not ideal. Soldo's still too raw.

Quote from: Ricochet on March 26, 2015, 06:38:22 PM
also

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-03-26/minor-setback-for-astbury

Richmond defender David Astbury is unlikely to be available for the Tigers’ Round 1 match against Carlton next Thursday night, after being stung by a stingray while doing recovery at a bayside beach on Wednesday.

Astbury underwent minor surgery today to clean the wound in his left foot, which was pierced by the stingray barb.

For flowers sake, dude has no luck. It's only Carlton who don't really have too many decent forwards to worry about, but still.

Opens up a spot down back. Batchelor might even come in.

Ricochet

Big Mac

Stung by a stingray?

How many times has a footballer missed a game because of a stingray injury

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on March 26, 2015, 06:43:47 PM
Might reshuffle for McIntosh?
Won't really need to do that, but I think it could lock him in for Round 1. He can play as a defender, as he was drafted as one, but had stints forward in NAB. Lennon could play back as well. Even Taylor Hunt could slot into the back 6 now.

Jroo

So unlucky Astbury  :'(
In comes a Grimes or Batchelor. Don't think it affects Kamdyn