Main Menu

New forum layout

Started by m0nty, March 25, 2015, 02:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

The thing annoying me most is having that G'day message along with the inbox on the right side of the screen, I'm so used to looking at it on the left. In addition to that, it feels like it's super cramped in that space. It also seems weird that my pic/gif is visible, but half of it is cut off.

Also, maybe it's just me, but the does the actual forum look smaller now? If it isn't, i must just be the blue background making it feel smaller.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on March 27, 2015, 04:52:18 PM
The thing annoying me most is having that G'day message along with the inbox on the right side of the screen, I'm so used to looking at it on the left. In addition to that, it feels like it's super cramped in that space. It also seems weird that my pic/gif is visible, but half of it is cut off.

Also, maybe it's just me, but the does the actual forum look smaller now? If it isn't, i must just be the blue background making it feel smaller.

I like how my avatar pic is at the top right

In regards to the forum looking smaller, a lighter background colour and reverting back to the old, smaller font will fix all of that

I do like how sticky topics stand out now :)

Bill Manspeaker

it's so bad on my phone, I can't read anything. it's one word a line, our names and DP and that take up 95% of the screen. computer was alright from what I can remember

LF

RaisyDaisy

Everyone asking about the new replies button

Its at the top right next to your profile pic and inbox

Ricochet

m0nty is it possible to make "new replies" stand out more?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ricochet on March 27, 2015, 04:55:57 PM
m0nty is it possible to make "new replies" stand out more?

It's disappeared now, so looks like m0nty is taking our feedback on board and playing around with things

XV section seems fine to me

Just need font fixed for me, the rest I can get used to

m0nty

I have added "Unread" and "Replies" buttons to the grey nav bar at the top.

The main reason for the change is to conform to the new design... couldn't go on with the old design, you have to get everything looking the same. There will be teething problems but I am fixing things you guys suggest. May not get to it all today, though.

JBs-Hawks

Can i pay for premium and get the old skin back?

Purple 77

Open to the change, can see things I will get used to.

Just with the "new" symbols in the main page that have been introduced, I don't know about anyone else, but the bolded blue text indicating a new post has been made would be enough for me, on the main page that is.

It's just I don't go everywhere on the forum so having these "new" symbols everywhere on my main page might enrage my OCD and force me to mark them as read in an everlong losing battle.

I also find the font whilst typing a message off-putting, but overall I reckon I can get used to the changes :)

Ricochet

Thats better. Only issue I have now is the format doesn't fit on my phone

LF

You can't see what this says on the pages because the Dark Blue hids it

m0nty

I will see what I can do about the icons... simple just to copy over the ones from the old skin.

Nige

If I get a new PM, will the messages tab get a (1) on it, or do I actually have to click the tab to see my inbox to know if I have a new message or not?

m0nty

I believe the (1) appears, yes.