British XV's - 2015 Discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, February 06, 2015, 02:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Quote from: Spite on January 19, 2016, 07:44:06 PM
Quote from: GoLions on January 19, 2016, 07:35:36 PM
Quote from: Spite on January 19, 2016, 07:29:01 PM
Quote from: GoLions on January 19, 2016, 07:11:49 PM
I'll also add that I'm not trying to gang up on you or anything Spite, just want to know if there are any decent reasons not to use UF :)

Sure GL. We have traded and used movements based on the positions of the players we had and which players were available. For example, trading for Geary because he was the 21st best defender etc and we think he is worth this price. If theres more defenders added, then we have overpaid for him.

Thats just an example.

We could have thrown the house with picks and all at Goddard if we knew he was going to get def status too. It's just a big change to happen after we have done a draft and trade period.

And you have like 14 movements to go after any player you want. I have plenty of defenders if you'd like to start talks again of a possible trade. I'm sure others are happy to trade as well, particularly anyone with excess midfielders after you lost Stanton.

Sure we could have but we would like to add picks into a trade with a player to improve on the said player. It completely hampers our trading opportunities because we have to fork out more for the same player.
I would have thrown the house at quite a few of the players that gained DPP from CD, for example guys like Montagna. Same goes with the guys I didn't expect to keep it, such as Dahlhaus and Dusty. It's the risk you take when going after certain players in the first trade period. I thought Christensen and Cunningham might lose DPP (as we didn't know how CD did it at the time), which meant at this point I probably lost some trades. But as I said, it's the risk you take.

I can understand what Ric is saying as we have always used the CD positioning, but it's an extremely small change, and honestly, apart from Goddard, these were all players that people would have thought could/should get DPP this year anyway.

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on January 19, 2016, 07:50:52 PM
It will be extra work for me to verify the teams being played each week. With UF everything is able to be done within that platform each week (with the exception of HGA) so is very easy.  Do not want the added task of verifying that there have been no players playing out of position which can not happen under UF. You use Sportsbet in AXV which translates across CD. If Sportsbet had their own DPP what would you do would you want to do a heap of stuff offline just to continue CD.
If there's only 13 players surely we can keep an eye on it ourselves? But if it is really that much of a hinderance then yep that's fine.

Yes we use SB in AXVs, which is no longer available. So we have to manually input every score of every game each weekend. I know exactly how much work is involved and understand how you feel. If we didn't have to manually add those stats and instead only had to check 13 players (which i think us coaches could keep an eye on ourselves) then I don't think i would be against it.

But SB was the original comp, and it originally used CD's positions.

Like i said before, i'm not against making the comp better, i'm against changing the core of the comp that we all joined ages ago

nrich102

From an outsiders view, to me it looks like ringo does the most work of the all the admins. (Thats just my opinion, could be wrong, feel free to differ.) Shouldn't we all just agree to  do what makes the job easy for him?

The only argument I can pick up is that we're changing the core of the comp too much, but why does that mater, we've all ready changed it a heap?

If 13 positional changes are so bad, how about we just lock in positions and never change a players position throughout their career.

LF

Pity the core of this comp was the scoring system which we have had to change already twice now so now we are basically making the move over to UF which should include following the players positions they use however locking them in at round 1 for the year.

Spite

Quote from: LF on January 19, 2016, 08:05:46 PM
Pity the core of this comp was the scoring system which we have had to change already twice now so now we are basically making the move over to UF which should include following the players positions they use however locking them in at round 1 for the year.

Quote from: nrich102 on January 19, 2016, 08:04:15 PM
From an outsiders view, to me it looks like ringo does the most work of the all the admins. (Thats just my opinion, could be wrong, feel free to differ.) Shouldn't we all just agree to  do what makes the job easy for him?

The only argument I can pick up is that we're changing the core of the comp too much, but why does that mater, we've all ready changed it a heap?

If 13 positional changes are so bad, how about we just lock in positions and never change a players position throughout their career.

Are you both seriously suggesting that it doesn't matter if we change the core because we have changed it so much already - when we are literally in the middle of reverting the comp back to the original core? My god

Nrich, please. Ask holz how much he spent per week doing the fixtures and the scores and it was just as much as Ringo. They all do roughly the same. The AXV mods (Hi Rico) has to enter literally every AXV score.

I'm not going to comment on your other suggestion about perma-locking positions for their entire career either.

nrich102

Quote from: Spite on January 19, 2016, 08:18:21 PM
Quote from: LF on January 19, 2016, 08:05:46 PM

Quote from: nrich102 on January 19, 2016, 08:04:15 PM

Are you both seriously suggesting that it doesn't matter if we change the core because we have changed it so much already - when we are literally in the middle of reverting the comp back to the original core? My god

Nrich, please. Ask holz how much he spent per week doing the fixtures and the scores and it was just as much as Ringo. They all do roughly the same. The AXV mods (Hi Rico) has to enter literally every AXV score.

I'm not going to comment on your other suggestion about perma-locking positions for their entire career either.
Just my opinion mate. They all (including you) do heaps of work and the site is better for them.

What difference are these positions going to make? You just seem to be pissed that another team will benefit and you won't.

Surprised you're against perma locking positions, because 15 changes are such a big issue.

Ringo

If we were to satisfy everyone by the sounds of it we would have to write our own program incorporating everything that is wanted.

As LF has said we have lost the core of our system 2 years ago when Sportal ceased to be involved.  So we had a mix match last year of both SC and DT scores. This year we have opted to use the customised UF scoring system to replicate as far as possible what we had in Sportal.  So we should accept their decisions and their DPP.

If people are concerned about the 13 additional players now with DPP they still have the option to trade as we still have 3 weeks of trade period 2. remember in trade period 1 no one knew who would have or retain DPP and made trade decisions based on assumptions.  So what is the difference here.

I reiterate we will not go down the road of changing positions weekly as has been intimated but will lock positions as at round 1.

In my opinion DPP has never been one of the core positions but scoring system has and this is being endeavoured to be maintained as much as possible.

GoLions

Can people stop taking shots at each other and just post reasons why we should or should not use the UF positions. So far it's basically that it makes things slightly easier for Ringo, but it also slightly changes the core of the comp.

I really couldn't care less which system we go with, and I'll continue to not really be that fussed unless someone gives a really good reason to use or not use UF positioning :P

Nige

I say to stop all the drama and not have to worry about change, we continue to use SC+DT/2.  O0

kilbluff1985

think it's silly going with UF but not following there positions  13 players changing positions isnt a big deal changing to UF was a big deal which we already did make that decision only makes sense to follow up that decision and use there positions

think people are overreacting and not seeing that it makes sense to keep it simple for the future or this debate will come up each year and people say we will be able to trust players not naming Goddard in defense or whatever but it's pretty easy to make a mistake when you're rushing to name teams so Ringo still really needs to check if we don't go with UF positions

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Spite on January 19, 2016, 07:35:22 PM
Quote from: Ringo on January 19, 2016, 07:28:23 PM
That was because Sportal used CD now we are changing to UF we should be governed by them.  None of you have been involved in Admin to know how much has been involved over the years. If you want to use CD then go to the other xvs.  We have an opportunity to get something unique and because you do not benefit you seem to be against every enhancement we try to do to make the competition fairer. So you need to consider the whole competition not the Hedgehogs which I as administrator do.

JB you have not read the whole discussion on this as it was my original suggestion tto try and keep the admin job a little easier.

That's quite rich Ringo, have a look over at EXV and see what's going on there.

I feel like most of your suggestions after your original post have seemingly targeted me too.

If you'd like another example of what I organise for the forum, have a look at the front bar ultimate footy thread. I also run a keepers EPL league by myself for others.

Also your response to JB is quite mean. I think he did read it and he gave his opinion and you shut it down because you didn't agree with it. There was nothing he said that showed he hadn't read through the thread.

Spot on Spite I did read over it all and gave my opinion.

Ringo

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 19, 2016, 09:48:06 PM
That was because Sportal used CD now we are changing to UF we should be governed by them.  None of you have been involved in Admin to know how much has been involved over the years. If you want to use CD then go to the other xvs.  We have an opportunity to get something unique and because you do not benefit you seem to be against every enhancement we try to do to make the competition fairer. So you need to consider the whole competition not the Hedgehogs which I as administrator do.

JB you have not read the whole discussion on this as it was my original suggestion tto try and keep the admin job a little easier.

I feel like most of your suggestions after your original post have seemingly targeted me too.

If you'd like another example of what I organise for the forum, have a look at the front bar ultimate footy thread. I also run a keepers EPL league by myself for others.

Also your response to JB is quite mean. I think he did read it and he gave his opinion and you shut it down because you didn't agree with it. There was nothing he said that showed he hadn't read through the thread.

Well this comment to me said you did not

"Funny how it is the Goddard and a Griffen owners that are most keen for this ."

There are more than those 2 interested in following the UF scoring as has been show through out the thread.

And for the record I do not benefit at all from either this change or the proposed mini draft.

kilbluff1985

Ricochet

Quote from: GoLions on January 19, 2016, 08:37:05 PM
Can people stop taking shots at each other and just post reasons why we should or should not use the UF positions. So far it's basically that it makes things slightly easier for Ringo, but it also slightly changes the core of the comp.

I really couldn't care less which system we go with, and I'll continue to not really be that fussed unless someone gives a really good reason to use or not use UF positioning :P
Yep man thats all ive been asking,  is there a big reason for the change

We are using UF to replicate the sportal comp. UF isn't the foundation to this comp. That's my only issue with this. It has nothing to do with teams getting an advantage or not

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Ringo on January 19, 2016, 09:53:06 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 19, 2016, 09:48:06 PM

Well this comment to me said you did not

"Funny how it is the Goddard and a Griffen owners that are most keen for this ."

There are more than those 2 interested in following the UF scoring as has been show through out the thread.

And for the record I do not benefit at all from either this change or the proposed mini draft.

Sorry should  i re-word it.

You and the Goddard and Griffen owners are the most keen.