British XV's - 2015 Discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, February 06, 2015, 02:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Bear in mind also this may assist teams that have been effected by the WADA suspensions.

Spite

Quote from: Ringo on January 19, 2016, 06:34:13 PM
Bear in mind also this may assist teams that have been effected by the WADA suspensions.

How so?

Will those teams get less "rewards" if we go to a top up player draft?

I know it helps whoever has Goddard...

Ringo

There are an additional 13 players who now have a DPP and this may assist those clubs who can move these DPP players to cover depth or shortfalls in the lines where suspended players may be.

LF

Quote from: Spite on January 19, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

How so?

The team that has Goddard has Hurley and the team that has Hooker has Griff so there you go helps them fix that problem without a draft or trading

Nige

Quote from: Spite on January 19, 2016, 05:08:00 PM
Why can't we keep it the same as CD? If you have Griffin, just play him as a mid and not a defender. It is literally that easy. No player is given a position that he can't play in CD so we should keep it as it has always been and stick to CD positions.
Can't play Griffin as anything but a ruck unless he's OOP.  :P

Spite

Quote from: LF on January 19, 2016, 06:47:32 PM
Quote from: Spite on January 19, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

How so?

The team that has Goddard has Hurley and the team that has Hooker has Griff so there you go helps them fix that problem without a draft or trading

Great and what about Nige who had Hep or us who has Stanton?

Quote from: Nige on January 19, 2016, 06:47:46 PM
Quote from: Spite on January 19, 2016, 05:08:00 PM
Why can't we keep it the same as CD? If you have Griffin, just play him as a mid and not a defender. It is literally that easy. No player is given a position that he can't play in CD so we should keep it as it has always been and stick to CD positions.
Can't play Griffin as anything but a ruck unless he's OOP.  :P

LOL good call man haha

Ringo

For Heavens sake stop trying to side track this discussion by bringing in other factors and not sticking to the facts.  the Stanton and Heppell will be addressed with the mini draft as decided so no need to bring them into this discussion.

Only trying to work out which DPP we use and the consensus so far is go with UF with players locked at Round 1.

GoLions

Spite, considering we're using UF for scoring and everything, is there actually a reason not to use their positions? So far you've said we should use CD because Ringo won't have to change anything as it's only the extra 13 DPP players, and no-one has lost it. But that argument goes both ways.

As someone who isn't impacted by the new DPP players, and has a suspended player, I honestly don't care whether we go with CD or UF, but don't really see a reason not to go with UF.

GoLions

Also, I'm happy to take Stanton off your hands :)

Him and Riska both should have the same amount of years left to play, thinking a straight swap? ;)

iZander

You are focusing on 1 change out of 13, all the other 12 are good changes. KB gave up N4 for Oxley then got screwed over.

There are always going to be some strange calls, no matter what positions you use (eg. Monty this year)

Not to mention its easier for Ringo, he's already spent what i can assume was a fair bit of time making sure all the other Dpps were there.

GoLions

I'll also add that I'm not trying to gang up on you or anything Spite, just want to know if there are any decent reasons not to use UF :)

JBs-Hawks

Use CDs position none of this bullshower UF positions. Just trust that Goddard and Griffens owners play them as mids.

Funny how it is the Goddard and a Griffen owners that are most keen for this .

LF

um no that's untrue others have said they are fine with it as well.

Ricochet

If its no extra work why not just leave as is though? We have always used CD possies in this comp, why change it? It was used for the original fantasy comp that this XV comp was based on

Ringo

That was because Sportal used CD now we are changing to UF we should be governed by them.  None of you have been involved in Admin to know how much has been involved over the years. If you want to use CD then go to the other xvs.  We have an opportunity to get something unique and because you do not benefit you seem to be against every enhancement we try to do to make the competition fairer. So you need to consider the whole competition not the Hedgehogs which I as administrator do.

JB you have not read the whole discussion on this as it was my original suggestion tto try and keep the admin job a little easier.