EXV predictions thread.

Started by Holz, January 14, 2013, 04:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Now is the time to go over peoples teams and give your predicitons on what will enfold. I woudl prefer if people can point out the strengths of peoples teams rather than just bagging out a team.

Saying stuff like the eagles have a strong 15 but their bench is terrible is ok.

just dont stuff like, backline terrible mids terrible, team will get destroyed each week etc..

Scrads

Going to do this in a semi-complex way of working it out so will wait until all teams have officially updated their team lists from the trading periods and have a good hour or two to do it :)

Ricochet

Quote from: Scrads on January 14, 2013, 04:22:02 PM
Going to do this in a semi-complex way of working it out so will wait until all teams have officially updated their team lists from the trading periods and have a good hour or two to do it :)
you can do us Scrads :)

Birchall, Houli, Stanley, Reilly
(Nicholson, Terlich, R.Shaw, Guthrie, Jonas, Allen, Bews)

Murphy(C), Fyfe, A.Swallow, Carrazzo
J.Selwood, Priddis

(S.Gibson, Rosa, Horsely, Jones, Prudden, Stark, Lloyd)

McIntosh
(Lobbe, Renouf, Hannath)

D.Thomas, Robinson, Pavlich, Cyril
(Bird, Knights, Lynch, Crisp, Sinclair, Horlin Smith, Cripps, Podsiadly)

Scrads

Quote from: Ricochet on January 14, 2013, 04:28:37 PM
Quote from: Scrads on January 14, 2013, 04:22:02 PM
you can do us Scrads :)

Birchall, Houli, Stanley, Reilly
(Nicholson, Terlich, R.Shaw, Guthrie, Jonas, Allen, Bews)

Murphy(C), Fyfe, A.Swallow, Carrazzo
J.Selwood, Priddis

(S.Gibson, Rosa, Horsely, Jones, Prudden, Stark, Lloyd)

McIntosh
(Lobbe, Renouf, Hannath)

D.Thomas, Robinson, Pavlich, Cyril
(Bird, Knights, Lynch, Crisp, Sinclair, Horlin Smith, Cripps, Podsiadly)

What is there to say apart from you have a gun side and are one of the elite teams of the comp ? :P

Haha, the method I mean is to rank each team from 1-14 :)

CrowsFan

The up to date list of the Bison can be found here - Bison Squad
A shame we have just lost Woodward for another season :'(

Nails

*slings mud at other coaches*

Wish I was on for the trading period to pwn some trades out.

picker_man

im interested to see if my team gets hammered again :( lol. hopefully ive improved it a little :-\

JBs-Hawks

The Lions best 15 is updated in there thread ;)

PowerBug

Quote from: Holzman on January 14, 2013, 04:11:12 PM
just dont stuff like, backline terrible mids terrible, team will get destroyed each week etc..
stuff you Holz, i can do what i want.

The Metal: backs terrible, mids terrible, team will get destroyed each week...

Scrads

OK guys so I am halfway through my method of ranking each team. At the moment basically I have rated everyones (fully fit) starting teams. What I did was I ranked each team from 1-14 for starting forwards, backs, mids, rucks and utilities (in situations where starting players weren't specified I just used my own opinion on who should). So the best ranked team got 14 points and the worst ranked got 1 point for each category. I doubled the scores for the Backs, Mids and forwards as they are more influential than the rucks and utilities. I am yet to take into consideration the depth of each team, I haven't 100% decided what I should do for that yet but I am thinking rank each teams depth the same way but change the multipliers to starting mids, backs and forwards to 4x, the rucks and utilities to 3x and the cover forwards, mids, backs 2x and the cover rucks just 1x.

So anyway, here is the list and scores so far for each team based on their fully fit starting 15 only, I will get around to ranking each sides depth another day.

Serbian Eagles (92)
Swedish Metal (89)
Belgian Bashers (88)
Macedonian Wolves (83)
Belarus Bison (82)
Russian Roulettes (78)
Vatican Valkyries (67)
Norwegian Trolls (57)
Iceland Polar Bears (50)
Scotland Savage Sons (45)
English Lions (38)
Spanish Stallions (37)
Greek Titans (19)
Dutch Dinos (15)

Surprises for me were I think the Bison are underrated, they have the capacity to win the big games if things go their way. Actually thought Roulettes would score better seeing as I had them as the best starting mids. Was surprised I had myself in the top 4, I hope it wasn't just bias haha. I was actually expecting me to start a bit behind here but catch up when the depth scores were added as I rate my depth highly. The gap between the top 6 and bottom 6 is pretty big I think it would be a safe bet to say that the 4 prelim finalists will come from the top 6 I named with Zip a slight chance of making an upset entry there if things fall his way, but its nothing compared to the gap between 12th to 13th :o

Let me know your thoughts guys :) Any advice on the scoring system would be muchly appreciated.

Ziplock

haha, is 3rd trade period over?

when it is I'll do a full evaluation of everyones squads :P

Scrads

Quote from: Ziplock on January 15, 2013, 02:21:56 AM
haha, is 3rd trade period over?

when it is I'll do a full evaluation of everyones squads :P

Yes it is over, please start with mine :)

Justin Bieber

And they reckon I'll come bottom ;D

And I think my depth is one of the better in the comp so I at gain point there :P

Ziplock

Ziplock

and I think you should all be worried how highly rated my team is considering its youth ;)