2016 British xv Discussion thread

Started by Torpedo10, February 08, 2016, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

So the injury curse for the werewolves has already begun

Ringo

We have had 14 of the 16 Teams vote on the Emergency replacement (Hawks and Magic First warning for missing a vote).

Results:
No Change 1
20% TOG 9
25% TOG 4

So we will be working that emergencies can also replace players who spend 20% or less TOG.  Rules in UF will be updated,

Rusty00

Torpedo10

Quote from: Ringo on March 07, 2016, 04:43:56 PM
We have had 14 of the 16 Teams vote on the Emergency replacement (Hawks and Magic First warning for missing a vote).

Results:
No Change 1
20% TOG 9
25% TOG 4

So we will be working that emergencies can also replace players who spend 20% or less TOG.  Rules in UF will be updated,
Apologies Ringo, I saw the original PM and didn't respond immediately.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Torpedo10 on March 07, 2016, 05:10:52 PM
Quote from: Ringo on March 07, 2016, 04:43:56 PM

Results:
No Change 1
20% TOG 9
25% TOG 4

Apologies Ringo, I saw the original PM and didn't respond immediately.

Ringo

Will send out a vote but when reviewing our rules there are a couple we still have to finalise before start of season so having a discussion here and will send out vote early next week before season starts.

1. Team lodgement - Teams to be lodged in UF by lockout at bounce of first game. Do we need to monitor for penalties that is what we need to decide.

2. Emergency scoring - We have passed a rule that if a player on field has less than 20% TOG then emergency from same line replaces it.  UF does not allow players OOP so they will have to be either PM'd or Lodged in the Rd thread prior to lockout to enable adjustment for half points. Question will be do we allow OOP.

3. Sub rule - with the change in emergency rules do we retain our sub rule or scrap all together given that the AFL has scrapped sub rule.  If we continue will require some more manual work.  So question will be continue yes or no.

kilbluff1985

with team lodgements

ii assume it's like supercoach and some weeks you wont have to change your team unless injuries

so i say unless it's obvious like if Rockliff is announced as out on Thursday and i don't take him out by lockout usual penalties apply

so if it looks like a coach hasnt even looked at the team for a week or 2 then apply penalty

GoLions

1. How do you actually see if people are checking on their team each week now? Because a coach could essentially leave their team the same for a few weeks even if they are checking on it for injuries and everything, or because they're just not caring for it that much. Hard to judge I guess, unless a team is hit by injuries and they keep those players in their team each week.

2. I think you have to allow OOP. What happens if someone has their ruckman go down with injury, and their backup (if any) doesn't get named? Don't think it is fair if they have to cop a zero.

3. Personally, I think people (myself included) would have traded with the sub rule in mind. I'm happy to have a vote for if we get rid of it for next year or not though.

Nige

The UF side of things helps with the scoring system and calculating scores. All teams should still be lodged here though, otherwise coaches can disappear for the entire season and get away with it.

Gotta have OOP. No question about that. That's another reason to have the lodgement thread, means you can clearly see who someone is playing OOP and make the necessary adjustment.

AFL's scrapped the sub rule, so should we. The new emergency rule we have is similar to an extent so there's no need for it.

LF

Lodge teams here as well

Keep OOP see above for OOP selections

We have the TOG thing and with AFL not having vests anymore we don't need the sub rule,do we really want to make it even easier by handing out more concessions on injured players or players that just played like shower for the week,also starts complicating things with scores if suddenly you have more admin stuff to do when we moved to UF to make it easier for you Ringo

I assume  we are also scrapping the 20 points rule now that UF works out scores out for us

Ringo

Forgot to add scrapping the Bonus points as well.  Thanks LF for the reminder.

nrich102

I thought we dumped the sub rule  :P

Ringo

Quote from: nrich102 on March 13, 2016, 05:15:46 PM
I thought we dumped the sub rule  :P
We have not as yet as I said was reviewing rules and those we have voted on but have not done anything on these as yet.

SydneyRox

Think OOP is a good idea.

Dont see the need to post a team each week, you can tell if someone is not updating the team

not fussed on sub, didnt we say something about 25% game time?

Rids

1. Dont care
2. Allow - OOP is important to the league
3. scrap