2016 British xv Discussion thread

Started by Torpedo10, February 08, 2016, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Quote from: Spite on February 09, 2016, 05:48:27 PM
I'm happy to go with 20% as it looks like it is going to win by a mile, but I would like someone to explain the reasoning rather than everyone just saying or quoting 20% over and over. Again, why not a quarter? Why are you guys all saying just under a quarter of football rather than if they're injured in the first quarter, then they get replaced (hence 25%)?
I said I was fine with 15-30%, but yeah, something like 25% probably best

kilbluff1985

a quarter does make more sense and %15 seems an odd amount

imagine trying to work out if your player had %15 TOG or not least with %25 it's much easier to figure out

i know we wont have to work the scores out but people would want to know during the game

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Spite on February 09, 2016, 05:48:27 PM
I'm happy to go with 20% as it looks like it is going to win by a mile, but I would like someone to explain the reasoning rather than everyone just saying or quoting 20% over and over. Again, why not a quarter? Why are you guys all saying just under a quarter of football rather than if they're injured in the first quarter, then they get replaced (hence 25%)?

I said 20%, because personally I notice most injuries occur in the first 15-20 minutes of a game. And depending on injury time, 20% could actually become the entire first quarter. But 20% or 25% would be fine by me.

Ringo

Can I just say the reason I suggested 15 or 20% is to cover injuries in the first 10 - 15 minutes of the game.  If a player does not come back after quarter time I reckon that is bad luck and just think 25% is a little high but my opinion which I am sharing.

LF

tbh I think we should just be sucking it up if a player gets injured,we have to in SC etc

GoLions

Quote from: LF on February 09, 2016, 07:14:41 PM
tbh I think we should just be sucking it up if a player gets injured,we have to in SC etc
We also have rolling lockout in SC ;)

I like 20-25% the more I think about it

LF

Quote from: GoLions on February 09, 2016, 07:32:50 PM

Um doesn't help you much with injured players actually on the field now does it

GoLions

Quote from: LF on February 09, 2016, 07:33:52 PM
Quote from: GoLions on February 09, 2016, 07:32:50 PM

Um doesn't help you much with injured players actually on the field now does it
It helps with late outs though, which in our case would potentially allow us to field an emg and have another emg come in as well

My main point though was that we aren't SC :P

Rids

I think 20% is plenty. We are really only after the guys that get injured early in games. I think if a player plays a qtr then that score should count. There has to still be some luck aspect involved. Reduced interchanges should mean that games and players intensity drop off a little as the game progresses. So naturally if this is the case, then the intensity will be at it's highest point at the start of the game when everyone is fresh. Now I know there will be exceptions etc but it is a general rule of thumb.

Memphistopheles

nostradamus

GoLions

Seeing as I got to pick up another rookie after Waters retired at the start of last year, I'm assuming Vinnamon will get to pick up a rookie to replace Jaensch if he wishes?

Ringo

Yep as per rules any retirements between end of delistings and start of season compensation players allowed.  Note the bolding as it is only for players that retire between end of de-listing period and start of season.

Ringo

Oxford Owls have selected Nathan Brown to replace the retired Matthew Jaensch.

Rusty00

So this means that the Werewolves get a compo pick for Damien Cavka retiring as well?