2016 British xv Discussion thread

Started by Torpedo10, February 08, 2016, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Discussion Thread!  :D

Ringo

Taking a couple of items here for discussion so as to not clog up UF thread.

Emergencies -  There is provision in UF for emergency to replace a player based on TOG.  There are varying % going up in 5's from 0 - 50%.  Do we want to utilise this option to take out injuries in first quarter by setting at 15 or 20% or just leave at 0 and bad luck again if injured in first quarter.

Proposing to lock teams at first game of the round and captains as well. This will remove the loopholes available which will be hard to monitor in UF,

One to consider going forward is do we ant to use the Rebound 50 stat,  Do not want to do for this year as it may effect teams that have traded for the scoring system we propose.

GoLions

Emergencies: I'm in favour of having a TOG of 15-30% being replaced

Not fussed if lockout at first game or first Saturday game

Not a fan of rebound 50s being added, may as well add inside 50s then

Rusty00

Emergencies: I'm in favour of no higher than 15%.

Lockout: not real fussed.

Not a fan of rebound 50s added as I feel it's too much tinkering of the scoring system.

Pkbaldy

Emergencies: 20% ( Just under a quarter of football)

Not fussed either

Nah, it's fine how it is imo.

kilbluff1985

can someone one put the first topic in dummy form for me please going straight over my head

GoLions

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 09, 2016, 02:42:49 PM
can someone one put the first topic in dummy form for me please going straight over my head
If a player gets injured early on in a game, would you like to have your emergency replace them

kilbluff1985

Quote from: GoLions on February 09, 2016, 02:47:16 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 09, 2016, 02:42:49 PM
If a player gets injured early on in a game, would you like to have your emergency replace them

oh yeah for sho

and i like %20 cause as said just under a quarter

Nige

Quote from: Rusty00 on February 09, 2016, 02:07:25 PM
Emergencies: I'm in favour of no higher than 15%.

Lockout: not real fussed.

Not a fan of rebound 50s added as I feel it's too much tinkering of the scoring system.

SydneyRox

yup 20%

Lockout on Friday is fine by me

Happy to look at reb 50 next year. I think we need to get over the fact our original scoring system is dead and just work towards a unique option with what UF provides?

Spite

25% - why not a quarter? Why are you guys all saying just under a quarter of football rather than if they're injured in the first quarter, then they get replaced (hence 25%)?

Lockout on Friday

Not a fan of R50s

Ringo

Looks like a vote coming up for the emergency  with O, 15%, 20% and 25% options. Will probably send out later after a little more discussion.

Rids

20% is fine by me

Not fussed when lockout occurs

Pass on anymore scoring changes for a year or 2 to first see the impact of the current changes

iZander

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 09, 2016, 04:24:21 PM
yup 20%

Lockout on Friday is fine by me

Happy to look at reb 50 next year. I think we need to get over the fact our original scoring system is dead and just work towards a unique option with what UF provides?

Spite

I'm happy to go with 20% as it looks like it is going to win by a mile, but I would like someone to explain the reasoning rather than everyone just saying or quoting 20% over and over. Again, why not a quarter? Why are you guys all saying just under a quarter of football rather than if they're injured in the first quarter, then they get replaced (hence 25%)?